The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 WJC Pool - Group B

Spoderman

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Holy crap you ok?

Is it because my pick isnt coming up you made your pick so fast? :lol:

Luck of the draw TBH.  19 hours time difference ATM.

Yesterday you guys would have, presumably, been relaxing at home Sunday arvo? I was rushing from meeting to meeting, job site to job site.  Some area's out of mobile coverage at work Monday day.  

This draft, u losing your knickers once or twice, aside? Actually, that was funny. Has been great! I have managed to make all of my picks in Australian daylight. I often have to set an alarm twice each night so i dont get skipped.  its a big challenge doing everything on a completely different cycle to everyone else...   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Luck of the draw TBH.  19 hours time difference ATM.

Yesterday you guys would have, presumably, been relaxing at home Sunday arvo? I was rushing from meeting to meeting, job site to job site.  Some area's out of mobile coverage at work Monday day.  

This draft, u losing your knickers once or twice, aside? Actually, that was funny. Has been great! I have managed to make all of my picks in Australian daylight. I often have to set an alarm twice each night so i dont get skipped.  its a big challenge doing everything on a completely different cycle to everyone else...   

I had no idea you were in Austrailia. You from there, or just there for work?

11 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I had no idea you were in Austrailia. You from there, or just there for work?

True Story?

I got a DUI coming back from the Bulldog cafe. Opposite Dix on Dix for some of the older crowd here on Richards street. I was living Mt Pleasant off Cambie St. Had to catch a bus suddenly to Richmond to get to work without my impounded car.

Met an Aussie lass at the bus stop a few days later 30 odd years ago.  We went skiing as a first date, hit it off. 

I am here now. I think we will come back home for retirement. We love Vancouver!    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

Moritz Seider and Aatu Räty

@Tylez

Hahaha, I looked into this yesterday and there IS a repick if Aatu doesn't join the team by the ..i wanna say 22nd or 23rd? forget what day the repick is. 

This was a steal from me for sure, was going to pick him with my last pick knowing that I would only lose out on potentially 7 picks worth of guys if he doesn't join the club. lol

IMO good pick for where it was taken.

7 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

Damn I really messed these last picks up...so do I wait until after the draft now to pick new players? Raty is a possibility but Seider is for sure not showing up...

@Spoderman will have to make the call here. I assume officially you'd have to wait until after the draft to re-pick. But like I said, I have no problem with a mulligan here, but I assume everyone would have to agree.

In the meantime, the draft carries on.

I thought Aatu was not on the roster they're bringing over, so I don't think he would eligible at this point, no?

Edited by theo5789
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

Damn I really messed these last picks up...so do I wait until after the draft now to pick new players? Raty is a possibility but Seider is for sure not showing up...

Spoderman filled me in yesterday: we can pick players who are not on their countries clubs, and there is speculation that say Alexis Laffreniere may join late, for instance, and if they are not on the club by next tuesday, the redraft is available for GM's who will be short players but you have to pick the replacement at the same position, obviously.F for F, D for D and I don't think there will be any G's left. 

• Like 1

To speed things along hopefully and since this is the last round, it can be concluded what some picks may possibly be.

Needs a forward: @Primal Optimist, @Tony Romo, and @BoKnows

Needs a dman: @Dak Prescott, @Crabby, and @Baer.

Needs goalies: @theo5789 and @Canuck Surfer

So I can safely make my pick now, which leaves the last set of goalies to @Canuck Surfer.

I would say @Dak Prescott if available could make his pick now instead of waiting. And once he and @Primal Optimist make their picks, we can just move on to the next person based on positional need. I hope that's okay with you @Spoderman.

I will pick the Czech Republic goalies. That leaves @Canuck Surfer with the coveted Austria goalies which I'm sure he's been dying to select!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1