Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

Joined a hockey break and got the Canucks. Was hoping to land a Hughes RC, but got something even better :o

Recommended Posts

I LOVE jersey cards (have Mike Modano's).   Used to buy a box of signature series for my son every Christmas...so much fun watching him open them.  I really miss Collector's Den...used to be a go to for Christmas shopping.

 

Great catch!!

  • Like 3
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, luckylager said:

If you weren't drunk I bet you would've just put the card on a table.

 

Its not me holding a card. My fathers buddy does breaks where you buy spots. Got 4 teams and the Canucks were 1 of them

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I LOVE jersey cards (have Mike Modano's).   Used to buy a box of signature series for my son every Christmas...so much fun watching him open them.  I really miss Collector's Den...used to be a go to for Christmas shopping.

 

Great catch!!

Yea jerseys are my favorite. I only have 3 right now (Sedin, Lucic, and Ryan). I also have autograph cards of Malkin, Dahlin, Point, and Kuemper. Used to have 1000s of cards as a kid and stopped collecting them after they all got stolen from me. Just recently got back into collecting them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good lad. i too had a great number of cards when i was a kid. oh to still have howe’s, beliveau’s and mantle’s rookie cards today. what is hockey break?

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I LOVE jersey cards (have Mike Modano's).   Used to buy a box of signature series for my son every Christmas...so much fun watching him open them.  I really miss Collector's Den...used to be a go to for Christmas shopping.

 

Great catch!!

great idea deb. i wish i had done that for my son. he collected canuck cards of the 70’s and 80’s i still have them here along with a box full i collected over the years. i’ve had 2 jerseys. no name or numbers. the stick in the rink i wore when we went to those two hockey games, and a millionaire/s jersey. i gave that to chon derry for him coming from rupert to terrace to stay with me when i had 2 cataract procedures. it was very unselfish of him. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

great idea deb. i wish i had done that for my son. he collected canuck cards of the 70’s and 80’s i still have them here along with a box full i collected over the years. i’ve had 2 jerseys. no name or numbers. the stick in the rink i wore when we went to those two hockey games, and a millionaire/s jersey. i gave that to chon derry for him coming from rupert to terrace to stay with me when i had 2 cataract procedures. it was very unselfish of him. 

I really love that he did that for you....that's a true "friend" and a good person.

 

It was such a fun time...I always remember the excitement of tearing through a whole box of cards with him.  Still have them.  My brother used to be a card collector and do shows (where they'd trade/sell them)....met Trevor Linden at one.  Great memories from those days.

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crabby If you're curious about their value, I have a beckett membership and I could look up both cards for you. Just need the Card # on the back year of the series.

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot damn... makes me want to get back into the game and start a huge Sedin collection and turn my living room into a Sedin shrine :lol:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Did you drink a bottle of wine before you took this?

Or are you using a Nokia N70? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

@Crabby If you're curious about their value, I have a beckett membership and I could look up both cards for you. Just need the Card # on the back year of the series.

Does that go for anyone? :lol:

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hot damn... makes me want to get back into the game and start a huge Sedin collection and turn my living room into a Sedin shrine :lol:

 

 

Sedin's aren't that hot of a commodity from my experience, I still have a signed Sedin twins photo of both of them for sale with next to no interest. I got in a bulk purchase, its a West Coast Authentics signed piece so who knows if it is legit...has the tag on back but I have heard that they aren't the best for authentication.

 

Back to this hockey break...what is it and what brand of hockey cards is the most sought after now? I remember O-Pee-Chee, Upper Deck being the 2 I have the most of in my collection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

@Crabby If you're curious about their value, I have a beckett membership and I could look up both cards for you. Just need the Card # on the back year of the series.

Its actually in the US ill be getting it next time I go down there. Not going to be selling that. My kid that I dont have yet might in 40+ years :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

looks good lad. i too had a great number of cards when i was a kid. oh to still have howe’s, beliveau’s and mantle’s rookie cards today. what is hockey break?

Peopl will buy a box of hockey cards and sell spots. Can do it by divisions or teams. In this case it was by teams so there were 31 spots. 1 spot for $6 or 2 for $10. 

 

I got 4 spots for 20 and after the randomizer I got the Canucks, Ducks, Canadiens, and the Flyers. So every card that gets pulled that is from 1 of those 4 teams are mine.

 

You can find hockey card breaks on Ebay. Some are pretty cheap. I only buy from the ones that do "live" breaks. Some "record" breaks and upload video to youtube when its done, but thats too sketchy for me to trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.