The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Diego Maradona passes away

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow.  The greatest soccer player of all time.  My two favourite players of all time have died this year.  First Kobe and now Diego.  :sadno:

This year can't end soon enough.  I wish it would end tomorrow as I'm afraid of what will happen in December.

RIP Diego, you were the greatest ever and I will never forget you...  

Sad to see him die so young, at only 60, but after years of failing health, and his body ravaged by years of drugs and alcohol abuse, I hope his release from “this mortal coil” will see Maradona’s spirit find everlasting peace.

Easily one of the top-3 greatest footballers of all time, and many would argue the greatest of then all. Just an immense talent and he made it all look so easy. At his peak and in his prime, I’d say there was no one better than Maradona.

Rest in peace. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Sad to see him die so young, at only 60, but after years of failing health, and his body ravaged by years of drugs and alcohol abuse, I hope his release from “this mortal coil” will see Maradona’s spirit find everlasting peace.

Easily one of the top-3 greatest footballers of all time, and many would argue the greatest of then all. Just an immense talent and he made it all look so easy. At his peak and in his prime, I’d say there was no one better than Maradona.

Rest in peace. 

For me it’s Pele and Maradona.

• Cheers 2

The greatest footballer of all time. The only other to even belong in the conversation is Messi. Diego mean't so much to the people of Naples and the majority of southern Italy. He is truly a god amongst men in many places.  My grandfather saw him play in 1985 in Italy. Our family's club is Udinese who had another footballing legend, Zico, on the team. It was a tremendous match in which both players were a class above the rest. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Reminds me of a Rolling Stones song?

Yeah ya got satin shoes. Plastic boots.

Ya'll got cocaine eyes.!

He considered himself a devout catholic. In spite of his lifestyle.  St Peter?

Can't you hear me knocking!

Diego Maradona: A genius and the soul of a nation  

All said, rest in peace. A fabulous football player!  Top ten influential athlete of a fifty year period?

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Reminds me of a Rolling Stones song?

Yeah ya got satin shoes. Plastic boots.

Ya'll got cocaine eyes.!

He considered himself a devout catholic. In spite of his lifestyle.  St Peter?

Can't you hear me knocking!

Diego Maradona: A genius and the soul of a nation  

All said, rest in peace. A fabulous football player!  Top ten influential athlete of a fifty year period?

Notice the Che Guevara tattoo on his shoulder? Here's an interesting story for you (and everyone else). 

https://www.youngpioneertours.com/fidel-castro-and-diego-maradona/

It's long so I won't paste it here. Your choice if you want to read, I found it very interesting.

Him and Pele are the ones I remember the most. But keep your eye on adopted Canadian Alphonso Davies!

RIP Diego.

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1