The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Greater Vancouver Poll

Ms.Glitter

Your favorite town in Greater Vancouver  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Besides the City of Vancouver,  which town or city is your favorite in Greater Vancouver?

I think that every town has it's own uniqueness and benefits to the locals.  All of these places are developing and growing.

Do you have any favorite areas?  what are your favorite attributes?  the people?  restaurants?  parks?  leisure?  nightlife? transportation?  shopping?  nature? 

It would be awesome if Surrey had an AHL Team.  West Vancouver is beautiful but feels kind of closed-off to non-locals.

Richmond used to be really quiet and boring, but it's developing fast, has tons of gorgeous coastline.

White Rock is gorgeous, Burnaby is so central and bustling. Ridge Meadows is very peaceful.

Langley has the small town country feel but has all the amenities. New West has got very unique and historical parts.

Edited by Ms.Glitter

I’m a country boy so I voted for “Other” because I prefer living in the Fraser Valley. I like to be able to work and visit Metro Vancouver for the odd Canucks game or Concert without having to actually live there. A bit too busy for me. I like the small town feel and being close to Nature. Between time spent at work and with family I could care less about nightlife and stuff like that anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Split between White Rock and Richmond for me. 

White Rock was where I grew up, and I still enjoy going back there to visit. Lots of beautiful spots along the water, although I liked the character of the city more in the old days than today (but that’s probably how many people feel about their home towns).

Richmond also ranks high, and is probably my second choice, after Vancouver, for a dining destination. Spoiled for choice, when it comes to Asian restaurants and markets. Also has some really nice spots along the water, both when it comes to the more touristy areas, and the “hidden gems” (which I’m not gonna talk about because I want them to stay hidden ;)).

Also have lots of love for the North Shore, but mostly just the wilderness areas. Not that I haven’t enjoyed the “city” parts, but usually when I head across those bridges, it’s to do something more outdoorsy.

I'm living in Langley atm, but I honestly preferred Abbotsford. Langley is nice, but the traffic gets a bit much in rush hour, especially on the freeway. It's a bit more modern and city-like though, which also comes with earlier tech advancements.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm living in Langley atm, but I honestly preferred Abbotsford. Langley is nice, but the traffic gets a bit much in rush hour, especially on the freeway. It's a bit more modern and city-like though, which also comes with earlier tech advancements.

Is there anywhere in the Lower Mainland that has GOOD traffic? 

Just different degrees of what's bearable I think.

I love the Vancouver Regional District.

It's just too crowded. 

• Cheers 1

Steveston.   I no longer say Richmond because it depends on which end of the city you're talking about.  Hate the congestion and the concrete jungle that the core is turning into but LOVE everything south of Steveston Highway.  As well as west of 7th Avenue.  "Home"

We have great restaurants in Richmond.  Beautiful dyke trails thanks, at least in part, to my Dad (I'm incredibly proud of that fact).  Garry Point, Gilbert Beach...where the view is amazing at both locations.  

I've always really noticed the contrast in mega mansions and broke down old barns/trailers at the south end of 3 Road and it's an interesting bike ride.

I hate crowds/traffic...so that's a huge factor.   

Also love Kits - great for wandering around and I have family there with a rooftop patio and a view.  Also love the community garden pathway.  It's such a unique spot...the homes as well as the gardens are all really interesting and have so much character.

The Cambie area is a special place....all my hockey/football memories are stored there.  Love the walk across the Cambie Bridge on my way to a game...on a still night, with the lights reflecting in the water, it's gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

When I lived in Vancouver 24 years ago (makes me feel old!) I lived in the Cambie area. No idea if it was a good area or not but where we were was leafy, green and sence of good community. Also enjoyed the longish walk from there to GM place when watching the grizzlies.

I do remember it being a mission though in the morning getting to school in Kits though 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

@Ms.Glitter - You have the poll set up so I can select many municipalities instead of just one.  Don't know if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem to jive with the question.

I like giving others the option to vote for more than one.  I would say North Van and White Rock are my favorites. Incidentally, I really like Bellingham too, Whatcom County is such a beautiful area to me. 

Edited by Ms.Glitter
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Ms.Glitter said:

I like giving others the option to vote for more than one.  I would say North Van and White Rock are my favorites. Incidentally, I really like Bellingham too, Whatcom County is such a beautiful area to me. 

Personally, anything on Vancouver Island wins it for me.

• Like 3