The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Glacier Hockey: Petey, Edler, Demko, Mac, Stech & Garrison

Rate this topic

-DLC-

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Looks amazing, doesn't it?   And what a day they had to spend up there...gorgeous!

Unfortunately only available via helicopter at 6000ft up. I wonder how much it would cost to take a trip up there? 

Would definitely be something on the bucket list to play hockey on a mountain like that. Get up early and bring beer and a BBQ and it would be a day to remember.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Doesn't it look great?   I'm not a traveler but damn if I'm not going to plan a family vacation and head off somewhere with my kids when it's deemed safe to do so.  Life's too short and we really have been getting a taste of what missing out is like.  Going to use every moment of my life to the fullest because, well, you just never know what fate will deal.

I love that the guys got to do this.....these are team bonding experiences that create memories that build the brotherhood together.  Happy for Stech that he got to be part of it....local boy deserves to "showcase" his backyard a bit before he has to move on.

I love that we're getting a bit of sun this week....headed to the river yesterday after work and it's really re-energizing to do so.  Everyone should get some outside time at some point...clears the cobwebs.  Nature's a good way to "forget", momentarily, that things are awful right now.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Unfortunately only available via helicopter at 6000ft up. I wonder how much it would cost to take a trip up there? 

Would definitely be something on the bucket list to play hockey on a mountain like that. Get up early and bring beer and a BBQ and it would be a day to remember.

I have looked into it here on the Island.

There is a company out of Campbell River, North 49 Helicopters. I want to say it was in the ballpark of $1000-$1200, but I do not remember how much time is allotted.

My wife and I both play hockey, on one of our anniversaries I want to pay for both of us to fly up to a frozen lake on a mountain and play a little puck and have a beer.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, diesel_3 said:

I have looked into it here on the Island.

There is a company out of Campbell River, North 49 Helicopters. I want to say it was in the ballpark of $1000-$1200, but I do not remember how much time is allotted.

My wife and I both play hockey, on one of our anniversaries I want to pay for both of us to fly up to a frozen lake on a mountain and play a little puck and have a beer.

my wife and I took a helicopter from Squamish up to a spot on the Tantalus range for a hike once a few years ago, round trip was only about $350 each. 

https://www.nolimits-helicopters.com/en/c-helicopter-transportation-in-whistler/lake-lovely-water-hut-12713

still looks to be in the same price range now 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

my wife and I took a helicopter from Squamish up to a spot on the Tantalus range for a hike once a few years ago, round trip was only about $350 each. 

Oh nice! This was a couple years ago, but i remember it being considered a special request and they added a photographer lol.

2 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Oh nice! This was a couple years ago, but i remember it being considered a special request and they added a photographer lol.

they're probably somewhere in Garibaldi so it would be a pretty quick flight even if they left from Vancouver. The one we did from Squamish was literally 5 minutes but amazing, and tbh kind of freaky. Helicopters are weird to be in, not sure I want to do it again :lol: once was enough 

14 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Doesn't it look great?   I'm not a traveler but damn if I'm not going to plan a family vacation and head off somewhere with my kids when it's deemed safe to do so.  Life's too short and we really have been getting a taste of what missing out is like.  Going to use every moment of my life to the fullest because, well, you just never know what fate will deal.

I love that the guys got to do this.....these are team bonding experiences that create memories that build the brotherhood together.  Happy for Stech that he got to be part of it....local boy deserves to "showcase" his backyard a bit before he has to move on.

I love that we're getting a bit of sun this week....headed to the river yesterday after work and it's really re-energizing to do so.  Everyone should get some outside time at some point...clears the cobwebs.  Nature's a good way to "forget", momentarily, that things are awful right now.

Get a dog, Deb............You will see alot of the out side..........LOL.........even when you do not want To............Twice a day...............Minimum!

And if you don't want one, I am totally sure, there are enough people on here that will let you borrow theirs, about 530/600 am every morning!

Mmmmmmm! Love that fresh air! LOL

• Thanks 1