The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson - Benning's 4 choices (Discussion/Poll)

What happens to Loui this season?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a compressed schedule, Loui will be on the active roster at some point in the season, barring a miraculous trade .At this point, we need to waive two players to be cap compliant. The only reason Loui gets waived is that he (and Baertschi) are least likely to get picked up by other teams. They can still be used when we get the inevitable injury.

39 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I like this, esp. if somehow the taxi squad enables us to reduce cap somehow (e.g. like sending down without actually, since he's kinda in the back pocket).
He is... serviceable when it comes to defensive matchups and, if only to throw out to close out games and block shots on the PK, I'd throw him out there for shutdown.

It would be very interesting how big the taxi squad is......2 man vs 5 man vs 6 man which is what is probably should be

That is approx.........$2 miilion vs 5 Million vs 6 Million in cap relief..........probably a little less, but still significant

33 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

It would be very interesting how big the taxi squad is......2 man vs 5 man vs 6 man which is what is probably should be

That is approx.........$2 miilion vs 5 Million vs 6 Million in cap relief..........probably a little less, but still significant

Theoretically the taxi squads need to be big enough to cover 2 weeks worth of potential injuries, since that is how long it will take to quarantine a replacement player into the taxi squad. I would expect that they will want a minimum of 3F, 3D, 1G in the taxi squad, especially if they are running a shortened active roster to save on daily cap hit.

9 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Theoretically the taxi squads need to be big enough to cover 2 weeks worth of potential injuries, since that is how long it will take to quarantine a replacement player into the taxi squad. I would expect that they will want a minimum of 3F, 3D, 1G in the taxi squad, especially if they are running a shortened active roster to save on daily cap hit.

This is going to open up some more league signings........this will also really help Tampa

So the main roster could have 12 forwards/6 Dmen/2 Goalies= 20 players

then a taxi squad of 7........

So, if Vancouver really wants to get rid of Loui....you bring up 7 players 

And send him down anyways....he may last this year, but he would never do it 2 years in a row

Edited by janisahockeynut

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This is going to open up some more league signings........this will also really help Tampa

So the main roster could have 12 forwards/6 Dmen/2 Goalies= 20 players

then a taxi squad of 7........

So, if Vancouver really wants to get rid of Loui....you bring up 7 players 

And send him down anyways....he may last this year, but he would never do it 2 years in a row

I'd do it.  I'd rather bring up literally any Utica player under contract than allow that piece of trash to continue to float around like a buoy while defrauding Aquilini.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd do it.  I'd rather bring up literally any Utica player under contract than allow that piece of trash to continue to float around like a buoy while defrauding Aquilini.

OK........LOL

Tell us how you really feel....lol

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yes...but potentially the players on the taxi squad are "papered down" to the AHL while actually based with the team. If they are "called up" onto the active roster for an injury cover, then when you want to send them back down to the taxi squad they will have to clear waivers. There are plenty of young guys that are exempt from waivers, but guys like Hawryluk and Bailey are not, so it makes some amount of sense to use Eriksson on the taxi squad since he will not get picked up off waivers (also Baer, Benn, Sutter, etc).

The other consideration is that if the AHL gets going next season, then it may be more beneficial to give the young guys playing time in the AHL instead of just training on the taxi squad, i.e. aid in their development.

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes...but potentially the players on the taxi squad are "papered down" to the AHL while actually based with the team. If they are "called up" onto the active roster for an injury cover, then when you want to send them back down to the taxi squad they will have to clear waivers. There are plenty of young guys that are exempt from waivers, but guys like Hawryluk and Bailey are not, so it makes some amount of sense to use Eriksson on the taxi squad since he will not get picked up off waivers (also Baer, Benn, Sutter, etc).

The other consideration is that if the AHL gets going next season, then it may be more beneficial to give the young guys playing time in the AHL instead of just training on the taxi squad, i.e. aid in their development.

Why not pick up a guy or 2 off of waivers instead then?  It's gotta be a better option than icing a worthless bum who doesn't respect his teammates enough to even pretend he gives a damn about winning, even in the playoffs.  Send that cancer to Utica and keep him far away from the actual NHLers.

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Why not pick up a guy or 2 off of waivers instead then?  It's gotta be a better option than icing a worthless bum who doesn't respect his teammates enough to even pretend he gives a damn about winning, even in the playoffs.  Send that cancer to Utica and keep him far away from the actual NHLers.

Not a bad idea

On 12/1/2020 at 9:29 PM, King Heffy said:

Canucks are still on the hook for his cap if he goes to Sweden.  Let him rot in Utica and tell Cull not to waste any icetime on that floater that could be given to a player who actually wants to be an NHLer.  A better option might be to keep calling him back up to force him to quarantine, then send him back down once the time's up.  Time to take the kid gloves off and make this lazy piece of garbage as miserable as possible.

That would be hilarious, but the NHLPA would be all over our ass if we did that.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, qwijibo said:

Anything other than the regular affiliate has to be agreed to by the player. 

Only ELC players can be sent to the ECHL without their consent.   

On 12/3/2020 at 12:37 AM, janisahockeynut said:

I was going to have a loan to ECHL..........but the dude would like it

So we got to send him some place he will not like it........

Like..........Cleveland 

No one wants to live in Cleveland or maybe Portland, Maine

Yes, Portland, as they probably have the longest bus rides

Maine isn't playing this season.  All 6 teams of the North division announced last month that they were going to skip the season.   All their players immediately became UFAs.

There's no ECHL team in Cleveland.  The Cleveland Monsters are the AHL team of the Blue Jackets.  

There were discussions to allow teams to send non ELC players to the ECHL so they'd have a place to play, but there are concerns about the jobs they'd be taking away from ECHLers who are struggling to make ends meet and with several teams cancelling their season.  

• Cheers 1

I don’t know why people say he floats or he’s lazy. You can’t be even mediocre defensively if that was the case which LE is probably slightly better then mediocre in that regard. Personally I don’t want to see him play another game in a canucks uni but lazy he is not, he just flat out sucks 

Edited by Devron44
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know why people say he floats or he’s lazy. You can’t be even mediocre defensively if that was the case which LE is probably slightly better then mediocre in that regard. Personally I don’t want to see him play another game in a canucks uni but lazy he is not, he just flat out sucks 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/loui-eriksson-canucks-jamie-mclennan

Then again, what does McLennan know?  LE sure as hell isn't hustling, going to dirty areas, or showing any indication he gives a damn.  If he wasn't lazy, he'd probably at least come close to belonging in the NHL.  After seeing too much of that floating turd, it's clear to everyone that his level of effort is simply unacceptable.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:28 PM, King Heffy said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/loui-eriksson-canucks-jamie-mclennan

Then again, what does McLennan know?  LE sure as hell isn't hustling, going to dirty areas, or showing any indication he gives a damn.  If he wasn't lazy, he'd probably at least come close to belonging in the NHL.  After seeing too much of that floating turd, it's clear to everyone that his level of effort is simply unacceptable.

But he does the “little things “ - like breath, tie skates, hold onto stick, stare at monitor like he’s just smoked a massive bowl of weed (or had a shift on ice that was epic).  

This signing was cursed.  At this point he should still be a quality third liner.