The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Okay... this says they are effective, but not as effective as medical grade masks... 

I think everyone here knows that. But why not wear something that provides some protection to others  rather than none?

Because it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

That's fair, the government should be handling this differently so all Canadians can agree on a proper strategy.

Like it or not, the protests could have been avoided. If the Trudeau government continues to push restrictions, they will only get bigger.

Depends on the attitude to society. Unfortunately in most of the English speaking western world society has focused on the individual and not the community (and I don’t mean communism) for me a governments role is to balance the rights of the individual vs the rights of the community and sometimes you need to flex a bit either way depending on circumstances. 

however in the USA it’s got to far on the individual that even getting finds for public infrastructure now is difficult which is why their bridges and public highway system is crumbling. And by focusing so much on the individual there are a lack of collective funds to solve issues in society because everyone wants to save a few dollars here and there even when it results in them paying out 100s later. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I already have.  

So don't spread misinformation please, especially rolled out as facts.  You're up...let's see your sources. 

Start here:

If you sneeze, it travels at an acceleration of 4.5 meters/second. That immediately travels beyond six feet.

This source claims: A cough can travel as fast as 50 mph and expel almost 3,000 droplets in just one go. Sneezes win though—they can travel up to 100 mph and create upwards of 100,000 droplets. https://www.lung.org/blog/sneeze-versus-cough#:~:text=Sneezes win though—they can,create upwards of 100%2C000 droplets.

Do you sneeze with your mask on? If so is it healthy to breath that of which your body expelled back in constantly.

How many people are sneezing with their mask off?

See my point? It makes no sense to assume these measures are going to work.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

If you sneeze, it travels at an acceleration of 4.5 meters/second. That immediately travels beyond six feet.

This source claims: A cough can travel as fast as 50 mph and expel almost 3,000 droplets in just one go. Sneezes win though—they can travel up to 100 mph and create upwards of 100,000 droplets. https://www.lung.org/blog/sneeze-versus-cough#:~:text=Sneezes win though—they can,create upwards of 100%2C000 droplets.

Do you sneeze with your mask on? If so is it healthy to breath that of which your body expelled back in constantly.

Don't move past the challenges we've put out there.  I'm not answering any further because your own article gives you your answers.  Someone asked a question of you...maybe answer to your first claims before digging up new ones.

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Cough and sneeze into your elbow.

Wear a mask when breathing normally.

Honestly, man. People aren't just walking around sneezing every few seconds. 2 meters makes sense for normal breathing.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yes, I read that part Deb. 

Do you feel something that is not effective against COVID-19 should be used by the public?

Or should the government be recommending surgical masks? Since those are most effective.

• Wat 2

5 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Honestly, man. People aren't just walking around sneezing every few seconds. 2 meters makes sense for normal breathing.

3 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Yes, I read that part Deb. 

Do you feel something that is not effective against COVID-19 should be used by the public?

Or should the government be recommending surgical masks? Since those are most effective.

You're asking questions but have yet to answer some first....

And it does not say masks are not effective, so quit with that because it's false information and unwelcome here.

You do  understand the word "most" and, in absence of that we're not left with "not"?  Lesser, sure.  But still somewhat effective and "better than nothing".  Because it's not a matter of "all or nothing"....ANYTHING we can do to reduce the risk is SOMETHING.

And if you understand how it works, you'd know that any face covering will catch some of the droplets and that is effective at "helping".

• Hydration 2

18 minutes ago, Tystick said:

The problem is they're protesting the mandate which is within their rights.

This is on the government to reorganize and apply a different approach.

not to cause overrun nurses and doctors  even more problems, and being selfish to others, because that is all they are accomplishing!

• Hydration 1

I'm sure there's more to this than meets the eye, Canucks wouldn't do a knee jerk punitive move like that. I'm sure he had a fair warning and made his choice. Management knows the team is in a 'fish bowl' market, Fan's analyzing every move.

MD got some bad advice and lost a sweet gig. I like how they mix it up with singers anyways. I'd like to see a group of health care workers sing.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Okay... this says they are effective, but not as effective as medical grade masks... 

I think everyone here knows that. But why not wear something that provides some protection to others  rather than none?

Do you breath more than once? Talk, cough, sneeze, etc.

All it takes is one particle of COVID-19 to infect you.

Reducing the amount of particles doesn't mean those particles that get through won't infect you.

• Wat 3

2 hours ago, Ms.Glitter said:

Let's contain the virus and spread more patience, love and compassion for others.

Employers: As responsible people, it is improper, unprofessional and inflammatory to take

a human resources matter to social media.

please spread mindfulness and not divisiveness

I like your message of compassion, but imo its misplaced here. 

MD certainly has the right to say what he wants. But don't confuse that with his professional responsibilities. MD chose to make his thoughts public, and in the role of an ambassador or sorts for the Canucks organization he has a responsibility to not reflect badly on the organization. Your freedom of expression rights don't absolve you of your employment terms. 

• Hydration 1

9 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Cough into your elbow at 50mph, potentially expelling 3000 droplets.

I'm sure the elbow will absorb all of that, including the tiny bits of COVID-19.

• Wat 2

• -SN- locked this topic