Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic


goalie13
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Lock said:

Can you give me a scenario where a government has come up with a plan that has made everyone happy, covid or not? And let me stress this...

 

1. You can pick any government policy in the world in the history of the world.

2. Everyone has to be happen. Not a single person unhappy. Not one.

Yes.

Any policy that hasn't infringed on your basic human liberty, had too much government intervention and overspending.

Everyone mutually agreed and there's never been a second thought about it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tystick said:

If you can't see that as a factor in this then I don't know what to say.

I'm not picking a side.

I'm not dividing people.

I want us to start listening to each other and hold the government to better standards.

This is not a government issue

 

the world was wearing masks long before any North American government recommended it

 

can you not act on your own? You have you wait for official instructions? 
 

yet another whiner pinning everything on any level of government 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tystick said:

Yes.

Any policy that hasn't infringed on your basic human liberty, had too much government intervention and overspending.

Everyone mutually agreed and there's never been a second thought about it.

Too oversimplified and doesn't answer my question.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I disagree, the government could come up with a solution that stays within the parameter of everyone's rights.

Then there's no protests.

Your right, the government could just lock it down like has been done elsewhere. Too many Covidiot anti maskers and that is exactly what will happen. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

The reality is these measures may have some effect, but ultimately over time around others, that protection will diminish to nothing.

 

If you are around someone who has COVID-19, six feet distance will not protect you, groups of six people will not protect you, and a mask that only filters a certain percentage of COVID-19 will not protect you. We're also not accounting for human error. The reality is all the people who are lecturing the "anti-maskers", don't wear masks 100% of the time, you break distancing, and your around different people all day. If you wear a cloth mask, which is what most people are buying because they have cool styles and stuff, it's as effective as not wearing a mask. Studies have proven them to be ineffective against the flu, and a flu virus is slightly bigger than COVID-19

 

There are more cases now because testing is more frequent than earlier this year. We've actually tested 20% of BC. Not to mention the false positive rates are disturbingly high. Most of the time, the deaths always include some other serious illnesses (including the flu + pneumonia). Also how many people had the virus but never got tested for it? Unfortunately the stats are not reliable.

 

The odds of any of us catching the virus are extremely low.

If any of us caught the virus, the odds of survival are extremely high.

When you're gambling, do you play your hand with the best odds or go all-in with the low odds? Because right now we're all-in on assuming we're all risking death, and it's stupid.

 

Wear a mask if you want, but the argument and protest is that they should not be mandatory for everyone because like it or not, people think differently than and make different choices than you do. You or the anti-masker have different worldviews and you could learn from each other.

 

All in all, I'm not mad at anyone. I'm not buying into the fear hysteria. I just want us all to start understanding each other. We're not on teams. We're Canadians.
There should be a way we can do this where our rights aren't infringed upon and all voices are heard, etc.

And you’re qualified to lecture others on COVID-19 and the benefits wearing a mask vs not wearing a mask? Sorry but I’m trusting health professionals over some smartass who thinks they have all the answers. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This is not a government issue

 

the world was wearing masks long before any North American government recommended it

 

can you not act on your own? You have you wait for official instructions? 
 

yet another whiner pinning everything on any level of government 

Of course I can act on my own, I'm a free individual that makes his own choices.

No person or government can dictate what I do with my life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Your right, the government could just lock it down like has been done elsewhere. Too many Covidiot anti maskers and that is exactly what will happen. 

That would be a mistake and would force massive protests all over Canada.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Yes.

Any policy that hasn't infringed on your basic human liberty, had too much government intervention and overspending.

Everyone mutually agreed and there's never been a second thought about it.

that doesn't actually happen. Not only is it not that simple, there is always opposition on any given issue. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

And you’re qualified to lecture others on COVID-19 and the benefits wearing a mask vs not wearing a mask? Sorry but I’m trusting health professionals over some smartass who thinks they have all the answers. 

Well I never thought I was lecturing you, just discussing my opinion on the subject.

I can make claims based on what I've researched and believe in, and you can do the same. It's okay, it's called free speech. You're allowed.

Don't trust me, just do some further digging if you're interested. That's my only wish.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

That would be a mistake and would force massive protests all over Canada.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

And if would be the anti-maskers fault for it. That's the irony about it all.

 

You've mentioned previously that you're not "living in fear of covid" by not wearing a mask; whereas, that's actually the beta-male approach in all of this.

  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And if would be the anti-maskers fault for it. That's the irony about it all.

 

You've mentioned previously that you're not "living in fear of covid" by not wearing a mask; whereas, that's actually the beta-male approach in all of this.

Would it be the anti-maskers fault? Because masks aren't 100% effective and everyone breaks the measures at some point, even by accident. Human error.

How can you conclude it was the "anti-maskers" fault? And do you think it's healthy to continuously fuel the division?

  • Wat 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...