The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

Just stating my opinion just like you. Your whole line of reasoning is an insult. 

So if I'm concerned about a lockdown resulting in a massive increase in protests, that's an insult?

Am I allowed to question the governments handling of the situation right now?

• Wat 2

Just now, Tystick said:

So if I'm concerned about a lockdown resulting in a massive increase in protests, that's an insult?

If you're concerned about a lockdown creating massive protests, perhaps you should be worried about the people protesting and not the government.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Guys and gals, let’s stop feeding the troll. Ignorance can’t be cured, especially for Covidiots.

This is true. Unfortunately, I don't think he's a troll. I know a couple of people in real life just like him. It's disheartening to say the least that people can be that irresponsible and in that much denial.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Tystick said:

Of course I can act on my own, I'm a free individual that makes his own choices.

No person or government can dictate what I do with my life.

I do trust science 

science clearly shows that wearing masks can reduce the odds of a virus spreading from person to person 

it’s basic respect for one another 

anyone that argues otherwise is an uneducated fool 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

You can’t even comprehend what I said. I said your WHOLE line of reasoning. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

1. I already told you that it's not about being 100% effective. You have yet to argue against that so I assume you have nothing there.

2. It's simple: anti-maskers have a higher risk of increasing the disease by not wearing a mask.

3. The only division is the one you're creating right now by being irresponsible about it. This is literally a life and death scenario and you're arguing against wearing a piece of cloth on a head that can save lives, not 100% of lives, but can save lives.

I have touched on this many times.

I don't believe they are working. They may have some effect but not enough to make a difference.
Couple that with human error and there's no point. Just my opinion from my own research, but once again with the mask mandate, I'm sure we will see a drop in cases very soon.

I'm creating division? Lol. I'm getting attacked by like 15 people at once. I'm calling for unity and a discussion on how this can be done in a better way.

I didn't realize that was such a bad thing.

• Wat 2

If you're concerned about a lockdown creating massive protests, perhaps you should be worried about the people protesting and not the government.

Everyone has the right to protest for whatever reason they want.

Shaming and attacking those currently doing so won't change anything, they will just get more pissed off.

That's why this system is so great, the protests are supposed to get the governments attention and signal that something their doing isn't working.

There's 100% a better way to handle this pandemic, especially after 8 months of experience.

People are allowed to hold the government accountable. They work for us.

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I have touched on this many times.

I don't believe they are working. They may have some effect but not enough to make a difference.
Couple that with human error and there's no point. Just my opinion from my own research, but once again with the mask mandate, I'm sure we will see a drop in cases very soon.

I'm creating division? Lol. I'm getting attacked by like 15 people at once. I'm calling for unity and a discussion on how this can be done in a better way.

I didn't realize that was such a bad thing.

Lol...you are being attacked by 15 people at once...welcome to democracy... the majority rules and your opinion is most definitely in the minority. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

Lol...you are being attacked by 15 people at once...welcome to democracy... the majority rules and your opinion is most definitely in the minority. 

Check your privelege, sir.

I guess I need to fight for the rights of minorities on this forum.

Where's the tolerance?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Tystick said:

All I've gotten from you is insults.

Sad.

That is about all you deserve from me. I am losing my patience with covidiots who can’t see the forest for the trees. In fact most are only looking at their own tree. Privilege indeed. 

Edited by spur1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Everyone has the right to protest for whatever reason they want.

Shaming and attacking those currently doing so won't change anything, they will just get more pissed off.

That's why this system is so great, the protests are supposed to get the governments attention and signal that something their doing isn't working.

There's 100% a better way to handle this pandemic, especially after 8 months of experience.

People are allowed to hold the government accountable. They work for us.

sure there is a better way

Its called total lockdown that would stop the spread of the virus in its tracks

the gov't is trying to walk the fine line between encouraging complience and mandated compliance.

With encouraged compliance the economy is allowed to stay open and  keep from total failure

But then you get the Donnalys out there who have difficulty with Rights/ Responsibility

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

@Tystick From what I'm gathering, you believe in your 'right' not to wear a mask. The purposes of wearing a mask serve two purposes: one, to potentially protect you from COVID or other airborne illnesses; and two, so you protect others in case you have the disease unknowingly. If you don't want to wear a mask, that's fine - just stay at home. Minimize the contact to just your family members.

Failure to wear a mask isn't a religious practice. It's just simply being considerate of others. You go maskless, you risk being a potential host for the virus. If you think you have a right not to wear a mask, just stay home. Why should you or others feel the need to go and "do whatever you want" when you are putting others at risk? That is plain selfish.

Now for those who think COVID isn't real. My old biology teacher died a while ago due to COVID. He was recovering from Cancer, but COVID finished him. It is real. Just because you've been lucky enough not to be impacted by it, doesn't mean it's not real.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

You literally just said they may have some effect. And if your "research" has any confirmation bias at all (based on what you're saying here it's likely all confirmation bias) we might as well just throw that out the window. You vs experts. Guess who I'm believing (hint: it's not you).

Human error goes up due to people not wearing masks. That's part of the human error.

There is unity. You're just on the opposite end of it. If people like you actually came down to reality, there'd be even more unity. So yes, absolutely you're creating division and those 15 people have every right to attack you as much as you have every right to have an opinion.

Let me ask you this: why are you so against wearing a mask? Are you anti-clothes as well? Do you prefer to walk around the mall naked?

"There is unity, it just doesn't include you"

Lol thanks.

Should I go off to an education camp somewhere so I can think properly like you?

I'm against wearing a mask because I don't believe they are working at all, as I've tried to make these points for the last few hours.

I'm not randomly saying this, I've presented my argument.

• Wat 4

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

That is about all you deserve from me. I am losing my patience with covidiots who can’t see the forest for the trees. In fact most are only looking at their own tree. Privilege indeed. 

I would never insult someone for an opposing view.

I guess that's how we differ.

• Haha 3

Just now, Tystick said:

"There is unity, it just doesn't include you"

Lol thanks.

Should I go off to an education camp somewhere so I can think properly like you?

I'm against wearing a mask because I don't believe they are working at all, as I've tried to make these points for the last few hours.

I'm not randomly saying this, I've presented my argument.

Except your evidence proved the opposite in how they actually do work, as also pointed out.

Perhaps you should go to an education camp somewhere. If it saves lives please do.

• Cheers 3