The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

Just now, Tystick said:

I would never insult someone for an opposing view.

I guess that's how we differ.

Just now, Tystick said:

"There is unity, it just doesn't include you"

Lol thanks.

Should I go off to an education camp somewhere so I can think properly like you?

I'm against wearing a mask because I don't believe they are working at all, as I've tried to make these points for the last few hours.

I'm not randomly saying this, I've presented my argument.

Well that didn't last long at all...

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

@Tystick From what I'm gathering, you believe in your 'right' not to wear a mask. The purposes of wearing a mask serve two purposes: one, to potentially protect you from COVID or other airborne illnesses; and two, to potentially protect against the spread of the disease. If you don't want to wear a mask, that's fine - just stay at home. Minimize the contact to just your family members.

Failure to wear a mask isn't a religious practice. It's just simply being considerate of others. You go maskless, you risk being a potential host for the virus. If you think you have a right not to wear a mask, just stay home. Why should you or others feel the need to go and "do whatever you want" when you are putting others at risk? That is plain selfish.

Yes it's the same argument every time, I'm somehow killing people if I don't wear a mask, when there's actually no way we can trace anything back to any specific person.

Perhaps there's a better way? NO, do what we say or you're going to kill people.

Sorry, not convinced, I'll go with human error is the cause of the spread.

• Wat 4

45 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Thank you and you are welcome 

Listening to opinion even when you think it is wrong is a good thing. If the opinion is incorrect then why be afraid to confront it, it should be an easy discussion to disprove. Your remarks endorsing the shutting down of peoples freedom to express their own belief is moral authoritarianism... :rolleyes:

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan
  • Wat 1

19 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Is he fired for that?  His job is to sing the anthem.  I don't give an F what he thinks about masks or anything else.  And did he say he wants people to not wear them or he just wants people to have a choice?

Fauci told everyone to not wear a mask at the start.  I figure he ought to be held to a higher standard if indeed opinions about masks are relevant to employment and there is no discussion to be had about it.

Agree shouldn't be fired for that, its his personal beliefs, cant take that away from people, like it or not its what he felt and he didnt force others to follow either....i wear masks, and feel sorry for people who have breathing issues or asthma , as face shields arent allowed anymore, so people cant even wear those anymore

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Except your evidence proved the opposite in how they actually do work, as also pointed out.

Perhaps you should go to an education camp somewhere. If it saves lives please do.

How fascist of you.

Yes, no free thought allowed, no questioning.

Actually I've pointed out plenty of times that surgical masks specifically, are only so effective at preventing a specific range of particles that are larger than covid.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Throwing out things like "asanine" and first grader don't make you any smarter and is an attempt to....shame.  So double standards aren't really helping make your point.  The pee test is to give a pretty effective visual that some NEED because giving them the facts isn't enough.  Public health officials and scientists are recommending to wear masks to reduce the spread of a potentially deadly virus.   Some need it to be dumbed down.   

What's asinine (corrected spelling) is those arguing against wearing masks for a time to get us through a fairly unprecedented period where doing so could help save lives.   

Everyone has a right to breathe and if your breath potentially carries virus droplets, cover it up so it doesn't make us sick. 

I know how to spell asinine, I was in a rush to finish my post before heading to work and missed the typo.  Maybe throwing words like that around "don't make me any smarter" (see, I can be a grammar nazi too) but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the official narrative of this entire debacle has more holes in it than swiss cheese.  You're not being kind and considerate by putting a piece of cloth over your face.  You're simply going along with the herd and using as an excuse to virtue signal and boss people around.   You should probably get over yourself.

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Anti-masker should be pejorative. It is someone that is so callous that they don’t care that they are helping to kill people.

Yeah, people who aren't sick not wearing masks are literally killing people :lol:.  And I'm being called dramatic.  Keep virtue signalling though.  Are you a real doctor?  Because your knowledge about this pandemic is absolutely blowing my mind.

CfkG6Dj.jpg

• Wat 3

1 minute ago, morgo said:

I know how to spell asinine, I was in a rush to finish my post before heading to work and missed the typo.  Maybe throwing words like that around "don't make me any smarter" (see, I can be a grammar nazi too) but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the official narrative of this entire debacle has more holes in it than swiss cheese.  You're not being kind and considerate by putting a piece of cloth over your face.  You're simply going along with the herd and using as an excuse to virtue signal and boss people around.   You should probably get over yourself.

Yeah, people who aren't sick not wearing masks are literally killing people :lol:.  And I'm being called dramatic.  Keep virtue signalling though.  Are you a real doctor?  Because your knowledge about this pandemic is absolutely blowing my mind.

CfkG6Dj.jpg

is that photo really your argument? Lmao I already know trying to prove you wrong will be like talking to a brick wall

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

For calling him a sheepie - accusing him of listening to stuff without thinking for himself. That's somehow making you 'enlightened' then?

I called him a sheepie? I never claimed I was enlightened. Just looking for a discussion. So far it's just a dog-pile of people 'trying to get me', not actually considering my argument.

I'm just absolutely amazed at the tolerance of free thought and opposing opinions on this forum, it's honestly incredible.

So proud of this community.

Just now, Tystick said:

No.

I really hope you don't get COVID for your sake.

Initially (at the start of this pandemic), I didn't think masks would work, but that's because I was living in an area that didn't have COVID cases. Then the cases poured in. Real people dying or killed by COVID. Of course, there were lots of people who recovered, but there was NO WAY to ensure survival of people.

Being part of the younger group, I thought I was 'immune' - I had a false sense of security. Though I was never directly affected by COVID, I couldn't figure out why some younger people died to COVID.

So is it not reasonable to take steps to AVOID the virus, which includes wearing masks? No one is saying you must wear masks inside your home. But if you're going to engage in risky behaviour, put on a mask. It's just being considerate. Period.

Clearly, you aren't willing to be considerate. So answer me this, if you catch COVID, how will you live with yourself when you pass it on to others due to your ignorance? At this point, failure to understanding COVID is pure ignorance. There's lots of literature/anecdotes on it.

As I mentioned, my bio teacher died to it. This was a person I KNEW. His family couldn't even see him when he was in the hospital. Do you realize how messed up that was?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2