The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

Just now, The Lock said:

On noes, you called me fascist for having a different opinion and wanting you to smarten up and not kill your family members. Whatever will I do. :rolleyes:

So much for him not insulting people for having a different opinion, hey?

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Such as?

for clarity, to this quote

"Any policy that hasn't infringed on your basic human liberty, had too much government intervention and overspending.

Everyone mutually agreed and there's never been a second thought about it."

I said that

- I completely disagreed with your premise. To elaborate, even within the guidelines you set, you will get fierce resistance. There are libertarians who think that any government is too much and that any spending is overspending. As for infringing on basic liberty... to take one example most gay people think its their right to get married while some religious people think that gay marriage infringes on their basic human liberty. And then there are just plain ol' contrarians who gravitate towards any position where they can be in the loud yapping minority and don't actually care about the point itself. Also apparently its still an open issue whether the world is flat or not. There aren't going to be public policy issues that are universally agreed upon because its not in our nature.

- that all issues will have opposition on them. Given that I reject your premise, this is a general statement that is unrelated to your premise.

So when you ask me for an example, you are simply asking for an example of an issue that has opposition. Like this thread, or healthcare etc. But that's not going to be what you are asking for. So what exactly are you asking for?

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, RomanP said:

Are you wearing a seatbelt while driving? Or is it also a “choice” for you?

Yes I wear my seatbelt because I rather not go through the windshield in a accident.. Just like I wear a mask but don't see it mandatory. 

But creating legislation on the fly is unfair and unjust.. especially when you tell people you won't be enforcing a mandatory mask rule.

IMO this is just another opportunity for some politicians to finally flex their muscles and get the 15 minutes of fame.

• Wat 3

2 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Yes I wear my seatbelt because I rather not go through the windshield in a accident.. Just like I wear a mask but don't see it mandatory. 

But creating legislation on the fly is unfair and unjust.. especially when you tell people you won't be enforcing a mandatory mask rule.

IMO this is just another opportunity for some politicians to finally flex their muscles and get the 15 minutes of fame.

Here's the thing. Let's think about your last sentence with "flex their muscles". In order to be able to do so they'd have to do what the public wants. People want to be safe.

The government is "flexing their muscles" because people want to be safe. Think about that.

• Cheers 4

38 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Listening to opinion even when you think it is wrong is a good thing. If the opinion is incorrect then why be afraid to confront it, it should be an easy discussion to disprove. Your remarks endorsing the shutting down of peoples freedom to express their own belief is moral authoritarianism... :rolleyes:

And you have an issue with that?

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm not going to get into it on any detail. Not at all. Period.

But I got treated for covid19.

AND ITS FKN SHI++Y AS HELL.

BRUTAL.

ICU stands for " in case u" don't fkn know, now u know.

hope you are recovering, :sadno:get well soon

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I doubt it considering they canned him on Twitter. This is some Donald Trump $&!#. 

Doubt they actually canned him on twitter. They probably called him first.

Still. People need to be responsible for their actions. This whole "standing up for your rights" is about the same as yelling fire in a cinema. It might not seem like it, but it really is as in both cases people end up potentially dying. These are dangerous times at the moment.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Okay, I listened to Donnelly speak about this and my god.... This guy is off his rocker. 

Good riddance. 

I agree Canucks don't want to be linked  to any media stuff, there players all have to keep opinions in check with media...

Media will blow thing out of context if a word is used in a interview...So this is what can happen if working for a business that is in the spot light...Result fired..

He would of got a call and told his services are no longer needed....See how rumours are flying around now...

Just crazy...

Edited by wildcam
  • Thanks 1