The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

We need someone who will just keep it simple and be likeable.  Enough with these wannabe youtube stars looking for their big break. 

Yes It is a Anthem not a song (besides it has been done every which way)

Mark's time had come anyways

Not sure an anthem is even needed now, unless Olympics or special Events, with world league players now in the NHL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

No, but a lot of the singers they've had on last year were. 

Donnelly was too gimmicky and it just became too cringe for my liking. 

Funny enough he has 2 videos on a youtube channel. Apparently tried politics even.

But yeah, I do agree for the most part, although I'd base it more on their personality and whether they're actually good more than if they have a youtube channel or not. Some of those youtubers would actually do great!

3 hours ago, Tystick said:

Yes it's the same argument every time, I'm somehow killing people if I don't wear a mask, when there's actually no way we can trace anything back to any specific person.

Perhaps there's a better way? NO, do what we say or you're going to kill people.

Sorry, not convinced, I'll go with human error is the cause of the spread.

Yes 50% are below average. 

23 hours ago, warrchief said:

Well look at the Aqualini's twitter and post about covid, they don't want to be associated with anti-maskers.

While Fauci did say that, I am sure that a shortage of PPE for the majority of the population was probably the one of the reasons why but I am not going to get into this on a hockey forum. 

no hockey team should be behind anti maskers especially since we're still fighting to salvage a season and if the numbers don't satisfy the government, we all know what happens. 

No team needs to have any less of an attitude than what happened, it's just counter productive to everyone.  

on a personal note, as a singer, who gets paid to sing at sports venues that might not be happening, I think why on earth would you want to do business with someone opposing in the first place? idk maybe he's got more money than brains or simply doesn't care? 

Well too bad, hockey is a part of what it is to be Canadian and it's awesome to watch, not to mention watching during cold snowy nights that a single or family can have fun watching and a happy break from reality.. even if it's just a cpl of hours, memories are made of it.. good or bad, but anything that can help us get through this life as crazy as it can get is priceless.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

When the virus first came out the CDC's own website said they weren't very effective at all. Then backpedaled.

Here's an article for discussions sake as I think it is common sense that an N95 mask is light years better than any cloth mask which are virtually useless.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/cloth-masks-are-useless-against-covid-19

That's from April.

And she was right. At the time, there was little scientific evidence to show that cloth masks did anything. Nobody had really studied it before. There wasnt much need. Since April we have learned a lot. The medical community has since come out in favour of cloth masks in the community. Obviously thread count and material makes a huge difference. But they are still recognized as inferior to medical grade masks, of course. But they offer some protection.

If you choose to look into her work, shes saying we cant rely on homemade masks alone. We cant think we are invincible because we tied a bandana around our faces. I 100% agree. She advocates for more social distancing, better air filtration, keeping your social circle to your household, avoiding interaction... these are great points! We definitely shouldnt be hugging on our friends in the grocery store because we have a mask on. 

9 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Donnelly is no Richard Loney, and he certainly was no Roger Doucet.

regards,  G.

Woah.. watching the first video with Loney and the crowd cheering our team on gave me chills.  Miss that early 90s squad.  And, it made me realize that a lot of the players in that lineup live in Vancouver and made it home.  

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Like 1

Gee, having read a few pages here after my first post I gotta' admit, there's a lot of stupid people on these pages, or they are taking a position to stir stuff up.. which is also kind of stupid.

Hey look. the Brendan Fraser "Mummy movie is coming on. I think I'm going to go watch that rather than be here...

regards,  G.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

But you can save lives from having a mask.

Funny thing about the whole mask thing, people who are wearing 100% are still get infected, so its not 100% guaranteed and thats the problem, society thinks wearing a mask makes u immune but reality it doesn't and actually makes u even more susceptible/risk , since your guard is down and u become more clumsy with how you do things outside

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I am proud of what we're building here.

Most are really showing empathy and a willingness to forego some of the things that we normally do in order to protect others.  

It's interesting that some of these protests ship people in and they're organized outside of the city.  Oddly enough, sometimes from places doing the WORST job in Canada of keeping the numbers down.

The culture "here" is something that each and every one of us formulates...let's hope that it's one that shows we do care and aren't selfish ignorant know it alls.  That we will band together for a short time to see if we can make a difference.  That putting a mask on when we're out in order to do a small part to combat this is a small ask that really doesn't warrant a huge fight over.   Not sure why anti maskers don't see how stubborn, petty and selfish this is?  Will it really kill  you?  Because it could kill others if you don't.  

It really reminds me of stubborn (tired) kids when they're protesting, vehemently, that they don't want to brush their teeth.  Or put their coat on.  So dramatic (but, for kids, it's understandable...adults?  Not so much). 

Like really?  Just shut up and do it.

Its not about inconvenience for them.  Its about setting themselves apart from others.  These are the same people that always try to take a contrarian approach to things just to stand out in a crowd.  Somehow this makes them feel superior, smarter than others since they don't follow the flock like sheep.  We all probably know someone like that in our lives.  I remember a few of them in High School.  Problem is, this is about our health we are dealing with.  Taking this approach puts others at risk.  I do not fear this virus because I do the things that are necessary to lower the risks of infecting myself and others.  I am more fearful of people like these who are the ones that are solely responsible for the skyrocketing infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths we've seen recently.  These are the same people that complain about the restrictions that have been put in place as to where we can go and what we can do even though its entirely their fault that this is happening.  All the while the majority of us are the ones that suffer because we have made the sacrifices in doing the right thing but also have to listen to these idiots as well.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

For anybody still thinking that a mask doesn’t help, try this......

-Go outside on a cold night like tonight (and yes make sure it’s not near anybody)  Take a deep breath and watch where your breath goes as you breathe out.  Does it go 6ft away from you?

-Now put a mask on and do the same thing.  Is your breath more contained?

It’s not rocket science but more like grade 3 science.  A mask isn’t 100% effective but it certainly helps a lot.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, x00x said:

Funny thing about the whole mask thing, people who are wearing 100% are still get infected, so its not 100% guaranteed and thats the problem, society thinks wearing a mask makes u immune but reality it doesn't and actually makes u even more susceptible/risk , since your guard is down and u become more clumsy with how you do things outside

Did you know that condoms break too? Nothing is ever GUARANTEED. Life is not guaranteed either. Think about that.

• Vintage 1