The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

48 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I am not stumbling over the word may. There are not any controlled studies that show cloth works.  I didn't say Lisa Brosseau was written by the CDC? I said CDC's own website says there are no controlled studies that show cloth efficacy and the one study they did and link to says cloth was statistically insignificant.

SARS doesn't spread anywhere near as easily as COVID.

How is SARS spread?

The primary way that SARS appears to spread is by close person-to-person contact. SARS-CoV is thought to be transmitted most readily by respiratory droplets (droplet spread) produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Droplet spread can happen when droplets from the cough or sneeze of an infected person are propelled a short distance (generally up to 3 feet) through the air and deposited on the mucous membranes of the mouth, nose, or eyes of persons who are nearby. The virus also can spread when a person touches a surface or object contaminated with infectious droplets and then touches his or her mouth, nose, or eye(s). In addition, it is possible that SARS-CoV might be spread more broadly through the air (airborne spread) or by other ways that are not now known.

Most of your studies use SARS, in fact all do except the last one that is relating to droplets produce when speaking. 

These studies are using cough simulators. Obviously, coughing into something is going to prevent particles from getting through. I said all cloth is good for is to prevent larger droplets from getting through from coughing, sneezing or talking. This isn't showing any efficacy at preventing you from inhaling any airborne droplets. If you're sick and coughing and sneezing you shouldn't be out in public. If someone is asymptomatic near you.. what is the efficacy of your cloth mask? 

The most interesting study is the last one but it says damp washcloth and then damp face covering.. what is that? What material are they using? How thick is it? For all we know it could be a towel in front of the person's face. If we disregard what actual is being used we are still talking about coughing, sneezing and talking... as the article refers to itself it doesn't take into account how many virus particles are in these particles produced from talking. 

The article are also showing that the droplets are still in the air just they aren't being spread out as far. If you're social distancing those droplets won't hit you but they're still in the air around the person. You can still then walk where that person was an inhale them.. 

N95+,or better, is how you protect yourself and the public not cloth. 

You also have Dr. Fauci recommending people to wear goggles. 

And FYI I have yet to see anyone(I mean the majority of the shoppers) social distance at a grocery store. I have yet to see anyone obey the rules of a grocery store when they have aisles that are supposed to be one way traffic only. They all feel these cloth masks make them immune which it doesn't. 

First of all, Sars cov 2 is covid 19. They are the same thing.

Second, these studies show that cloth face covering reduce aerosols and droplets when speaking or coughing. You see that. You cant read them and not see that.

Do they offer protection to the wearer? Minimal to none. But that's not the point.

The point is, and I cant stress this enough, if you're wearing a mask, you're protecting other people from you. Try to understand, thats the point, especially when this disease will have you being asymptomatic AND contagious for several days before you feel the onset of symptoms. 

I'm happy to see that we do agree on a couple of things. You do recognize that wearing something in front of your face will prevent particles from ejecting through the mask. And we agree that people are acting like a mask is 100% effective (they most certainly are not) so they aren't keeping distance. I agree with you, being are being unsafe and irresponsible, even while wearing a mask. Masks + distance is more effective that doing either one by itself.

But it's impossible at this point to conclude that cloth masks do not reduce the amount of ejected droplets and aerosols from the wearer. 

• Cheers 2

Don't slam the door on your way out Mark. I could never understand why he got the gig to start with. He looks greasy and unhealthy and says this is the best Vancouver can find. His stand against masks doesn't say much about his intellect either. One thing I would like from the anthem singer is they stick to a strict time limit how long they sing for. Thousands of people plus the players waiting for the game, I like the anthem but too many singers see this as an opportunity to promote themselves   ..... wrong, just sing the anthem ASAP and lets watch the game

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

1. I posted my evidence and backed up what I said with facts...

2. ....choose to use a cloth mask with has a 97% fail rate, in a controlled study, versus 44% that is just pure stupidity. 

1. One opinion piece from April... not very solid data

2. That's when medical staff were wearing cloth masks, not when the sick patients were wearing them. Masks protect other people, not you. Thats important when we have several days of asymptomatic transmission with this virus.

Come on man, help others. It feels really good! You'll like it! I swear!

If all along, your point has been "your mask wont protect you", then I agree with you.

But all of the data suggests that "your mask will help protect others" and that's important.

Maybe that's been the core of our disagreement this whole time?

• Cheers 1

I remember always watching Jim Cornelison just destroy the building before Hawks/Canucks playoff games.  
Then the series goes to Van and this shlub Mail’s it in for half the song.  
He was an overrated singer. 

First the abortion rally crap, now this.  
Hey Mark.   Make like Micheal Jackson and Beat It. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Mark Donnelly's agenda driven behaviour goes back further than non mask wearing.  As far back as November 2018 Mark has refused to sing the revised line in O Canada.  Isn't that what he was hired to do, sing the anthem?   If Mark's moral and religious beliefs direct him to not sing the country's anthem as revised he should have recused himself instead of using such a large venue to sneakily push his personal ideologies. 

Francesco did the right thing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

And people who wear cloth masks think they can now walk up to people and talk to them or netflix and chill and everything is okay because they have a cloth mask on. Cloth masks give a fake sense of security. At least with N95 there is some security there.

Don't attribute that to the mask being "useless"....that's the person who's doing it wrong.

And your second line:  "there is some security there"???  For you, but we're talking about potentially spreading this thing.  So yours could be considered a false sense of security in that you may be protected but could be out there spreading this because you feel "safe".

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, whirledpeas said:

Mark Donnelly's agenda driven behaviour goes back further than non mask wearing.  As far back as November 2018 Mark has refused to sing the revised line in O Canada.  Isn't that what he was hired to do, sing the anthem?   If Mark's moral and religious beliefs direct him to not sing the country's anthem as revised he should have recused himself instead of using such a large venue to sneakily push his personal ideologies. 

Francesco did the right thing.

During the idiot convention  for freedumb event yesterday he changed the words back.  

And he read this statement.  Obviously this freak is likely going to pursue this.  My question is:  how does he hear about these rallies?  If he's invited, how do people contact him?  HE may not use Twitter, but one of his 9 offspring likely do.  Come on...you made your bed now lie in it and focus on your task at hand - rising up against cloth swatches.  Rallying your troops against the Canucks is probably in the team's best interest in the end.  No one needs these losers on board.

It appears I am being marginalized on social media...or some I'm told because I don't go on social media and in a certain way I am being censored by an institution I have supported and followed for 50 years and have been publicly associated with for 20.  As many of you may have heard by now, there are reports Francesco Aquilini and the Vancouver Canucks via Twitter have severed ties with me over my decision to sing Oh Canada at the freedumb (love it) rally today.  As I do not use Twitter, I cannot personally confirm that this is true.  Neither Mr. Aquilini  nor the Canucks organization has contacted me directly before make their alleged public statement.

I'm over this weirdo.  I won't comment on him anymore because he's loving the spotlight...fade to black time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

He also says a lot of questionable things in here that would get anyone fired really.

``Sports figures, entertainers, politicians, et cetera, can stand for anything as long as it supports the narrative. You can support rioting, looting, destructions of livelihoods and reputation, but take a position against the narrative and you are worthy of exile or worse.''

Really, Mark Donnelly? No one legitimate would support riots regardless of what movement they come from. This is absurd. Now he's making himself to be some kind of martyr.

We just saw all kinds of public figures supporting riots.  You can't have forgotten this already.

You don't have to agree with Donnelly about masks or anything else to know that.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

We just saw all kinds of public figures supporting riots.  You can't have forgotten this already.

You don't have to agree with Donnelly about masks or anything else to know that.

?? Please explain because I don't know if you understand the word "support".

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Let me just say apparently posting CDC's own statements on their website about masks is misleading. I can tell there are a lot of butthurt cloth mask wearers here. 

The first two studies are strictly coughing. As I said the final study showed talking/shouting with a damp washcloth and then said damp face cloth or something like that so it's unclear what they are using.. it's definitely encouraging data but I am not really sure why they are leaving so much information out unless I missed something. 

If you compare a n95 mask, surgical, to a cloth mask 3 layered you are going to see statistical significance between the effectiveness of the two on pretty much everything comparable aspect. If you look at the recommendations of cloth it's 3 layered with a replaceable fabric filter. How many people have that? vs going to store and buying n95 and using them and disposing them each day so you have a new unadulterated mask each day? 

You have someone who is asymptomatic and they are wearing a cloth mask the cloth mask isn't going to prevent them from spreading droplets into the air.. it might reduce them. If that person is talking and walking and you are walking behind them you are going to walk right through their infected droplets.. with a cloth mask you still have a much higher chance of getting infected than with N95.

You can literally go to the grocery store now and buy medical grade masks.. there is no excuse not to be wearing one.  If you're wearing cloth you're not much better than a non mask wearer so get off your high horse that is my point and I can tell by the response of people here they are all cloth mask wearers. 

That wasnt the CDCs position that you posted. That was an article from a contributor.

Anyway, glad you agree that cloth masks reduce droplet and aerosol spread.

I agree medical masks are better.

What kind of mask do you use?

• Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

?? Please explain because I don't know if you understand the word "support".

I don't think you and the other person are arguing honestly in this case.

Celebrities like Seth Rogen, Steve Carell, Chrissy Teigen etc. bailing out rioters sounds like support to me.

The other poster said nobody legitimate would support rioting for any reason.  Okay...

Nancy Pelosi on people destroying statues...  "People will do what they do" (shrug)

The other poster said nobody legitimate would support rioting...  Okay, is he/she saying this BLM leader is not legitimate?

Like I said, you don't have to agree with Donnelly about anything at all.  I don't even necessarily agree with him about anything.

But pretending that nobody has supported riots over the last year is just dishonest.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Nancy Pelosi on people destroying statues...  "People will do what they do" (shrug)

got a quote of Nancy saying "Go for it rioters?" Because what you posted is not support.

It is way too light on condemnation, but is not support.

• Cheers 2

Just now, gurn said:

You said Nancy- prove it or back track.

I stand by the quote I provided as tacit support of the activities of those people, especially in the context of the question and answer.

And even if you don't agree, it has no bearing on the validity of the other examples.  You're harping on one piece of evidence when I told you discard it if you wish.  I have more than met my duty here.