The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

On January 31, 2018, Canada officially changed the lyrics of the national anthem to replace “in all thy sons command” to the more gender-neutral “in all of us command.”

Still can't believe people were offended by the anthem so we had to change it. Were was the out cry over this people 2018 or was it a issue trudeau made up

Apparently he is a beer league goalie which is surprising because he is fat and you need to be quick for that position. But my point is that someone should ask him why you wear a masks when you play goal? for right for your protection.

I don't think it was as much a case of people being offended as it was returning it to being more inclusive. But for those offended by the change I'll point out "in all thy sons command" wasn't in the original version, which was actually a gender neutral "us", and it was also shortened considerably. Here's the original lyrics:

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love thou dost in us command. (Changed to In all thy sons command in 1913)
We see thee rising fair, dear land,
The True North, strong and free;
And stand on guard, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.

(Refrain)
O Canada! O Canada!
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee,
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.

O Canada! Where pines and maples grow,
Great prairies spread and lordly rivers flow,
How dear to us thy broad domain,
From East to Western sea!
Thou land of hope for all who toil!
Thou True North, strong and free!
(Refrain)

O Canada! Beneath thy shining skies
May stalwart sons and gentle maidens rise,
To keep thee steadfast through the years
From East to Western sea,
Our own beloved native land,
Our True North, strong and free!
(Refrain)

Ruler Supreme, Who hearest humble prayer,
Hold our dominion within Thy loving care.
Help us to find, O God, in Thee
A lasting, rich reward,
As waiting for the Better Day,
We ever stand on guard.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

If it was my job, and if that was the best PPE available, and the alternative was to use no mask at all, of course I would. As would anyone who is not braindead. Reducing viral exposure by 70%+ as surgical masks do, while not as good as the 95%+ reduction that N95 masks do, is obviously far better than nothing.

Just curious, are you aware that viral exposure is not a nice simplistic black and white, exposed/not exposed situation? Did you know that the amount of viral exposure received has a very large impact on how sick one gets and whether or not one gets sick at all?

Yes I do and let’s say you get it then start shedding it into your mask and since the mask works it gets stuck on the inside then you start rebreathing it back in increasing your viral load making you much sicker than you could have been.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes I do and let’s say you get it then start shedding it into your mask and since the mask works it gets stuck on the inside then you start rebreathing it back in increasing your viral load making you much sicker than you could have been.

You are really living up to your username with this post. As you do with most of your posts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

On January 31, 2018, Canada officially changed the lyrics of the national anthem to replace “in all thy sons command” to the more gender-neutral “in all of us command.”

Still can't believe people were offended by the anthem so we had to change it. Were was the out cry over this people 2018 or was it a issue trudeau made up

Apparently he is a beer league goalie which is surprising because he is fat and you need to be quick for that position. But my point is that someone should ask him why you wear a masks when you play goal? for right for your protection.

A hypothetical:

What if that previous version had used the lyrics....."in all thy daughters command"?  (I know ladies, as if, but its a hypothetical)

And then some conservative PM, lets even say she is a woman, just to totally flip it, and her cabinet, decide that after hearing from many Canadians, that it would be fairer to include males in there too, as they also were a big part of Canada's history,  Would your hypothetical self be okay with that?

Just for fun, to continue the hypo,  what would you then think of a lefty woman's libber who started whining about the change to "all of us" decades later on a message board you belonged to?

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Once in you you're sick and you won't get any sicker by protecting others. While preventing it from landing on others doesn't make you any sicker it does help protect others from you making them sick. OR staff don't wear masks to avoid catching heart or liver disease, or cancer, they wear them to protect the patient from what they may exhale on the patient. A century of doing so should be sufficient evidence wearing masks to protect others is highly effective without personal ramifications. Once again, the most effective purpose of a mask is protecting others. Unlike OR staff, you would prefer to cough your infection on others because wearing a mask is just too inconvenient for you. Does that about sum it up? Well if you ever need surgery be sure to tell the OR staff you don't want them wearing their nasty useless masks in the OR (for their own protection of course). If you have no interest or desire to protect others you certainly shouldn't demand or expect others to protect you. 

I had surgery 2 months ago, they were masks to prevent bacterial infection which can kill you, in fact my son in laws best friend died earlier this year after getting a blood infection after a minor surgery. 

It’s not black and white, mask pose risks, I question wether the risks outweigh the benefits. I’ve stated before, I agree anti maskers are dangerous, not because they don’t wear masks but because they run around like they’re bullet proof, sadly maskers run around the same way all the while improperly using the mask, both extremes are dangerous. I’ve stated before, I will wear a mask where I need to, I just go out of my way not to have to. I used to use sky train a lot as we live right beside it, now I drive to avoid wearing a mask. I have taken up outdoor hobbies suck as golf, hiking and kayaking. 

If I’m wrong about the dangers of masks no harm done and if I’m right, no harm done either.

If you want to blindly follow the same people that originally told you masks don’t work, good luck, I’m not so trusting.

• Wat 1

6 hours ago, gurn said:

So, some anonymous poster's thoughts regarding mask use, versus thousands of doctors, scientists and medical professionals?

Which one shall I follow?

I'm so conflicted.

sorry anonymous guy, I've decided to follow the advice of the doctors and scientists.

Hope you will one day as well.

Hmmm, what about CDC?

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Or if you go to the bottom of this article it links to some 40 other tests done that show masks don’t work.

https://www.technocracy.news/masks-are-neither-effective-nor-safe-a-summary-of-the-science/?fbclid=IwAR1KpKFd6_USNR_h_QOA_JK2jM67B8il1N4Ax_2BnSJwyAQF0mkGrF8vnHk

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

You are really living up to your username with this post. As you do with most of your posts.

For years I have praised people for this comment of being extremely intelligent, witty, funny and creative, after hearing it way too many times by those that thought they were extremely intelligent, witty, funny and creative I think it’s about time to face the fact that your insult is not intelligent, witty, funny or creative.

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

For years I have praised people for this comment of being extremely intelligent, witty, funny and creative, after hearing it way too many times by those that thought they were extremely intelligent, witty, funny and creative I think it’s about time to face the fact that your insult is not intelligent, witty, funny or creative.

But accurate.