The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

When I hear people talking about so many individual doctors and politicians participating in some power hungry conspiracy, it tells me that they havent actually spent any time with doctors and politicians. 

They are just people. They are just people who are trying their best to do an insanely difficult job. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

When I hear people talking about so many individual doctors and politicians participating in some power hungry conspiracy, it tells me that they havent actually spent any time with doctors and politicians. 

They are just people. They are just people who are trying their best to do an insanely difficult job. 

You seem to have some very lofty ideas about politicians.

• Wat 2

12 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So.... the Chinese lock a whole city down to isolated from the rest to China........this is Science (isolate the virus)

Then they wear masks (again science- control the virus), then vaccinate huge populations (again science -destroy the virus)

Germany...........isolate/mask/vaccine

France.........same

Canada ........same

etc, etc, etc......................................

Sweden........no, we know better...........no masks, no isolation...............death

Suddenly, Sweden switches to, masks, isolation, and vaccine

Taiwan ............self isolate, masks, vaccine

Russia..............self isolate. vaccine

So, all the Scientist and Health professionals, in all these countries, are wrong

And the Donald and Mark are right! :picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

I mean, how utterly FKN stupid!

What's amazing is ... almost half of Americans and apparently a lot of Canadians are so stupid! And it's hard to argue with ignorance.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

You seem to have some very lofty ideas about politicians.

Haha I hear you. They seem pretty ineffective sometimes. But what a crazy system! Imagine if all of us were being potentially fired or re-hired every 4 years, so we had to campaign to win a popularity contest to decide who gets our job. 

I imagine it would impact how effective we all were.

They are trying their best in a difficult system. They are just regular people. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Haha I hear you. They seem pretty ineffective sometimes. But what a crazy system! Imagine if all of us were being potentially fired or re-hired every 4 years, so we had to campaign to win a popularity contest to decide who gets our job. 

I imagine it would impact how effective we all were.

They are trying their best in a difficult system. They are just regular people. 

I don't think all politicians are trying their best to help people.  I think you'll have to look substantially harder to find unethical corrupt doctors.

The latter do exist, but they have their licenses revoked for stuff that politicians can do before breakfast.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

9 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Sorry but seatbelts and hard hats don’t do more harm than good, I  believe masks do, I know many people that have nasty face rashes and one person that developed a lung infection, rebreathing crap you expelled then have bacteria grow on it can’t be healthy, we do not know the long term results of constant mask wearing and I’m not prepared to be a guinea pig, if you are go ahead and good luck.

You do know that masks just like your underwear need to be changed and cleaned regularly. :picard:

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't let the door hit ya...

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

What is it the kids say? Play stupid games win stupid prizes? 

Can't stop stupid but you can terminate it's contract.....good move ownership.

• Vintage 3

Just now, Western Red said:

I think a lot of the disdain for the mask issue is from people who've been hurt financially. All kinds of reasons to be enraged when you're frustrated and the funds are low. 

Money.

So the longer they resist doing things that can calm this down, the more they hurt themselves (financially).  Because we see shut downs as a direct result of spikes.  

We're all frustrated...so I don't accept that excuse.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I don't think all politicians are trying their best to help people.  I think you'll have to look substantially harder to find unethical corrupt doctors.

Sure. Regardless, they are just people.

I'm just saying, it's insane to think that our local area MPs are in cahoots with our public health officials

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I think a lot of the disdain for the mask issue is from people who've been hurt financially. All kinds of reasons to be enraged when you're frustrated and the funds are low. 

Money.

Totally agree, which confuses me even more. Wouldn't it make sense to put on a mask so that we can hope to keep these small businesses operating?

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Ms.Glitter said:

YOU CAN'T FIRE SOMEONE ON TWITTER because they 'might' attend a political rally ! 

He has free will to go and think what he wants!  what is this!

THIS IS SO PROVOCATIVE,   THIS IS A RIDICULOUS, CHILDISH ACTION BY THE OWNER OF THE CANUCKS FRANCHISE!

Francesco Aquilini is supposed to be a community and business leader NOT A CHILD BORED BY HIS COMPUTER!

VERY IMMATURE AND PROVOCATIVE!  

Immature that he  dismissed a guy who may be going to a protest that is against public health rules? Yeah, see what you think after he is laying in a hospital bed dying from Coronavirus by choosing to disregard basic safety rules.
No, it was right move. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Ms.Glitter said:

YOU CAN'T FIRE SOMEONE ON TWITTER because they 'might' attend a political rally ! 

He has free will to go and think what he wants!  what is this!

THIS IS SO PROVOCATIVE,   THIS IS A RIDICULOUS, CHILDISH ACTION BY THE OWNER OF THE CANUCKS FRANCHISE!

Francesco Aquilini is supposed to be a community and business leader

VERY IMMATURE AND PROVOCATIVE!  

Well don’t look now because Aqua just did.  
No difference from firing a pediphile. 

• Wat 1