The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UTICA COMETS] 2020-21 Season

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Down an early goal (17 seconds in) vs Syracuse

Down 2 - 0 after the 1st

Lost 5 - 1 ... Rathbone with the lone (power play) goal, assisted by Stevens and Focht

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 1

Comets now up 2-1.

McKenzie (Rathbone, Stevens) Rathbone now 2g 5a in 7 GP - one period to go.

Gadjovich (Anas, Reinke) Gadjovich now 10g 2a 12 GP - one period to go.

Focht having a good game, generating some great chances, but only hit metal so far.

Lockwood kind of turned the game around - Comets we’re down 1-0, when he had a great shift in the offensive zone and drew a penalty. That shift fired up the team and they whole team started cranking up the energy and the pressure.

Rathbone as slick as ever. Gadjovich does more than just score, couple of very heavy hits - which seems to be his routine - run over a couple of guys to get his blood up, then do the dirty work on the boards and make plays close to the net.

• Cheers 1

Jonah had a great game last night.  Many had him written off but I see him as a great LW prospect who will play NHL games.  fun game to watch.  I think Rathbone is better than OJ right now.  He is an amazing skater and he and Woo are making a great defensive pairing.     B)

51 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Jonah had a great game last night.  Many had him written off but I see him as a great LW prospect who will play NHL games.  fun game to watch.  I think Rathbone is better than OJ right now.  He is an amazing skater and he and Woo are making a great defensive pairing.     B)

Do you watch many comets games? Can you give me an honest opinion about woo and his development this far?

10 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Do you watch many comets games? Can you give me an honest opinion about woo and his development this far?

I just finished watching tonight's game and Woo is paired with Rathbone.  They are the Comets best pairing and Woo got his first goal of the season.  I believe he is +6 or +7 this year and has looked real good.  I thought he may struggle with his foot speed but he looks quick on his feet.  I think the Rathbone Woo pairing is good enough right now to be the Canucks 3rd pair.  They both have looked good so far in their first Pro Seasons.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Damn you are telling me 9 games in Utica he missed derailed his entire career. Spending time with the big club and our goalie whisperer Ian Clark before he might be departing is worthless time ehh?

Deeeerailed

Just like every players career in the chl right now lol. And OJ. 

Edited by 73 Percent

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Damn you are telling me 9 games in Utica he missed derailed his entire career. Spending time with the big club and our goalie whisperer Ian Clark before he might be departing is worthless time ehh?

Sitting out over a year in a prime development year?

Maybe derail is extreme but its definitely not helping. Players have gotta play. You can only practice so much.

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Sitting out over a year in a prime development year?

Maybe derail is extreme but its definitely not helping. Players have gotta play. You can only practice so much.

You might only have so much more time with the best goalie coach the Canucks have ever had. Let turn him misses a couple games in Utica into a positive spin.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:34 AM, Dats hockey said:

Not playing a game for a year is pretty much the definition of ‘derailed’. Ask Juolevi how helpful not playing is.