The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UTICA COMETS] 2020-21 Season

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Nice to see the Utica fans can keep their Comets identity. I had heard the Devils usually force their name on their AHL affiliate. The colour change was expected though. Good luck next year!

I think they would have been fools to change the name. The brand is very well respected in the AHL community and in the city of Utica. Hats off to Robert Esche for insisting the team name be kept as part of the deal. I like the fact that they just changed the color and not the emblem itself.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think they would have been fools to change the name. The brand is very well respected in the AHL community and in the city of Utica. Hats off to Robert Esche for insisting the team name be kept as part of the deal. I like the fact that they just changed the color and not the emblem itself.

What does that leave for Abbotsford? Junior Canucks? Fraser Valley Sockeye? 

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What does that leave for Abbotsford? Junior Canucks? Fraser Valley Sockeye? 

I have no idea of what they might come up with but was disappointed that the Comets name was staying in Utica. Can't blame Robert Esche for keeping the name though as the Comets brand in the AHL has been very sucessful

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have no idea of what they might come up with but was disappointed that the Comets name was staying in Utica. Can't blame Robert Esche for keeping the name though as the Comets brand in the AHL has been very sucessful

He is a smart man, wonder if he wants a promotion to join an NHL franchise in some capacity?? Loved the logo and colour scheme puts our Orca Bay to shame!!!

15 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

He is a smart man, wonder if he wants a promotion to join an NHL franchise in some capacity?? Loved the logo and colour scheme puts our Orca Bay to shame!!!

He is not going anywhere; his roots are established in the area as he was born in NY.

42 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

NYR need an AGM still I believe, but I know what your implying

43 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

NYR need an AGM still I believe, but I know what your implying

I get that as well but think he is very happy where he is. He is his own boss in Utica as he is the president of both the Comets and the Utica City FC of the MASL.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 2:23 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

& ol' geezer Mic sings: (strumming sitars)

They're on a dark floor, but they want to paint it red

That logo's become lore, but is the spirit dead?

I see our prospects fly, far to the western coast

& now our rivals cry, for all their hopes are toast!

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If the addition includes Nolan Bumgartner then I better check my lotto max ticket...cause if true that would mean I at the very least won a max million, maybe even got the big jackpot numbers... Only if eh!

16 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Me either, I have never created any thread lol

@Vintage Canuck, you know everything in the forum. Could you please help us to unpin this obsolete thread? :)

Hmm I seem to have used the wrong one. Okay, my second try:

@-Vintage Canuck-- here we go! Could you please help us to unpin this obsolete thread? ::D