The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL season to start Jan. 13 with 56-game season

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Red Wooster said:

I was thinking the same thing but after reading the PHO, it states that Professional athletes are exempt.

Sport exemptions

High performance athletes, professional athletes and professional performers like dancers are not included in the order.

I didn't see the exemption.  Good catch.  Thanks!

• Cheers 1

56 games is probably enough to have the standings more or less representative of a full season. That said, I think bottom teams could have a hot start, so you might see the basement dwellers have a different order.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The opinion that if it's similar to NFL, we would be degenerates for watching?

:picard:

"fantasy degenerate" is a term I use with my buddies who gamble and play tons of fantasy sports. Wasn't meant for anyone who chooses to watch the NHL in this shortened season. I will try and take your sensitivity into my future posts....

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

29 minutes ago, c00kies said:

56 games is probably enough to have the standings more or less representative of a full season. That said, I think bottom teams could have a hot start, so you might see the basement dwellers have a different order.

A hot start is going to be critical if we have the Canadian division. Should make the games that much more exciting.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stelar said:

"fantasy degenerate" is a term I use with my buddies who gamble and play tons of fantasy sports. Wasn't meant for anyone who chooses to watch the NHL in this shortened season. I will try and take your sensitivity into my future posts....

I think you touched a nerve.

Give it a chance tho, the 48 game season when CHI won the cup was pretty good. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Call me a pessimist, Christmas and New Years will see a spike in covid and probably take 6-8 weeks to get down to an ok level. 

I want to see hockey, but I doubt it's going to happen. Unless there's a series of bubble arenas. So does that mean they play the other 6 teams in Canada 9 times? (54 games?)

That would give us a taste of the original six era that's for sure. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I fail to see how someone who plays fantasy is a degenerate, but ok.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think you touched a nerve.

Give it a chance tho, the 48 game season when CHI won the cup was pretty good. 

Apparently ::D

It's not the shortened season that is the issue for me, more the players getting pulled from the lineups, games cancelled, moved, delayed etc. Would just prefer them to cancel and start up next year. Just my preference.

• Cheers 1