The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL season to start Jan. 13 with 56-game season

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Apparently ::D

It's not the shortened season that is the issue for me, more the players getting pulled from the lineups, games cancelled, moved, delayed etc. Would just prefer them to cancel and start up next year. Just my preference.

I also like the players and fans to be healthy. I just think it's better to write this season off and go in September/October. 

But I am torn because I want to see hockey too. Just not at the expense of anyone's long term health. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I fail to see how someone who plays fantasy is a degenerate, but ok.

Not sure why I have to spell everything out here. Not everyone who plays fantasy is a degenerate. Maybe look into google once in a while. Things sometimes have alternate meanings.

If someone calls you a degenerate gambler then they are not complimenting you. If you are a degenerate gambler then you need to step away from the betting window. A degenerate is someone who bets for the rush of the action above all else, and who isn’t capable of making good, mathematically sound bets that have a long-term expectation of profit. In simpler terms, they are compulsive gamblers who are destined to go broke.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get that. But I think its make or break for the much of the league, they need the tv $. 

I'm pretty stoked about it, and I'm also glad that the year Loui's deal finally hurts us is this wonky year. Bit of a silver lining there imo. Plus we get to see some kids try to make the team. Lots to like. 

If there is one good thing about them having a season is that it burns another year off Loui's deal..

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Stelar said:

If there is one good thing about them having a season is that it burns another year off Loui's deal..

I'm really excited about Rathbone getting his 1st camp. He's a long shot but it will be great to see where he's at. Also Juolevi finally gets his first real chance too. So that alone makes it fun for me on top of the rest of it. 

I think the Demko-Holtby duo in a 56 game season could be phenomenal if Holtby regains his form. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Not sure why I have to spell everything out here.

Probably due to your choice of wording in initial post, stating those watching NFL are fantasy degenerates.

Chances are it won't matter to you anyway if you're not watching. A shame, as you could miss out on a deep run by the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Probably due to your choice of wording in initial post, stating those watching NFL are fantasy degenerates.

Chances are it won't matter to you anyway if you're not watching. A shame, as you could miss out on a deep run by the Canucks.

Do you know the difference between a statement and a question?  

Is anyone actually watching the NFL if you aren't a fantasy degenerate?

Either way I'm not going to beat a dead horse here. 

tons of  hockey experts think we won't make playoffs  online they are the same people that said  wild and blues would beat us

nick schmidt is a massive upgrade on tanev  who's slow old gets crushed in the corners   doesn't hit of provide offence

juolevi has massive upside  great mobility and outlet passes  plus size he's a upgrade on  Stecher who was to small.

we get to see Rathbone Lind Hoglander Rafferty push for spots

Macewen Gaudette Virtanen Petey Hughes Boeser motte  hopefully keep improving  and this hawyrluk kid will help the bottom 6  be excited guys hopefully Benning pulls another trade  in next week Sutter Eriksson Roussel need to be sent out to pasture  asap time for kids to learn to pk

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get that. But I think its make or break for the much of the league, they need the tv $. 

I'm pretty stoked about it, and I'm also glad that the year Loui's deal finally hurts us is this wonky year. Bit of a silver lining there imo. Plus we get to see some kids try to make the team. Lots to like. 

Ummmm Jimmy next year it hurts us more since Petey and Hughes will get paid.

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Pretty stoked to have hockey coming back  around the same time football is finishing up.  Given most of my other hobbies have been taken away by Covid, I'm grateful to still be able to watch my favourite sports in any capacity.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1