The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When will the Canucks win the Stanley Cup?

Rate this topic

fanfor42

When will the Canucks win the Stanley Cup?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Time to poll fans before the start of the season.  When are the Canucks going to win it all?

Give your answer and reasons. GCG!

It's a blind poll no one can see what you voted. So in the middle of this bloody pandemic go ahead and vote from your heart!  

Of course, piece of cake, easy peasy.. let's plan the parade route and have Petey's spaceship at the front..

I prefer to think of it as a small chance to win every year.  Some years it's a slightly higher chance than others, and I like our current crop of young talented players, so currently we're trending upward, but teams that are supposed to win don't always.  I prefer a rolling restocking approach rather than going "all in" for any particular season and then having to play catch-up later.  We should be trying as hard as we can to win every season with a mix of veterans and youth, free agents and our own draft picks.  We gotta pull all the levers all the time.  And I think that's what Benning and Aquilini are doing.  It's hard to say exactly when it's going to bear fruit because fruit trees are a lot more predictable than hockey games but if we keep on plugging we're bound to get there sometime. Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Time to poll fans before the start of the season.  When are the Canucks going to win it all?

Give your answer and reasons. GCG!

It's a blind poll no one can see what you voted. 

I am hoping this decade, they are building the core to do it. Just need to get rid of some dead weight contracts and replace them with a couple character guys and off we go to planning the parade.