The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Braden Holtby’s new mask

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

If the post that was removed had simply said: 

it would have been fine.  But when you add describing words it's not.  That's the very foundation of racism...to stereotype.

point taken. A learning experience, and I agree with you, Deb! I was posting while feeling, never a good combo for the strait goods.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, falcon45ca said:

That's actually the exact type of divisive rhetoric that needs to stop. The literally outlines an us/them mentality.

was an emotional reply. Sorry about that, not my best. I will do better. No sarcasm. 

I agree divisive rhetoric does need to stop, not just here, but all over north america if not the world. Not blaming anything but my own self, however I have noticed a lot of these things have blown up during Covid isolation. I think that was a factor for me, pretty isolated and living the "old man yells at cloud" dream. haha.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, shayster007 said:

This is a rad bucket. Big fan!

yeah, it's a beauty. one of the best for a canuck in years imo.

edit: and maybe a bit of foreshadowing with the de facto seattle seahawks logo in the side ... :P

Edited by tas

On 1/16/2021 at 5:41 PM, ImConfused said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-canucks-goalie-mask-1.5874250

Braden's NEW new mask! Culturally appropriate, and Stz'uminus approved!

spacer.png

I gotta admit though, this mask looks WAY better than the original one, I'd give it a solid 9/10 (and I'm a goalie mask enthusiast)

That link you provided also has an audio interview with the designer. He sold stuff to AQ before and texted him and said he was available to help. Neat  back story. 

On 1/17/2021 at 7:00 AM, Playoff Beered said:

ejKHjwDqwJHjRZrEJ5JDR4IcrsBNp-dCD7NNTxin-3Y.jpg

this is pretty funny. the radicals are in charge at the moment and their agenda includes racial discord and the promotion of divisiveness. reality is there are the cowboys, canucks, canadiens, celtics, yankees, etc, all which reference european descendants. all these logos/nicknames have been used/worn proudly. i don't ever even recall opposing teams/fans using the logo or team nicknames in any derogatory sense. modern society has come so far from the barbarianism that was present in all races and all societies at one time or another. it is a sad situation we are currently in

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, granpappy said:

this is pretty funny. the radicals are in charge at the moment and their agenda includes racial discord and the promotion of divisiveness. reality is there are the cowboys, canucks, canadiens, celtics, yankees, etc, all which reference european descendants. all these logos/nicknames have been used/worn proudly. i don't ever even recall opposing teams/fans using the logo or team nicknames in any derogatory sense. modern society has come so far from the barbarianism that was present in all races and all societies at one time or another. it is a sad situation we are currently in

someone better tell the 'radicals" :lol: