The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don’t know if this pic has been posted but the retros are growing on me. Pettersson.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

55 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just think this colour scheme works better than the Bertuzzi/Naslund era colours. Having said that, I do think there were better fan made jerseys out there. I always think that the acqulinis see and know what the fans want but always go with the opposite. They and the people making the jersey always seem to go against what the fans desire to put their mark on it. A full green jersey made sense but they have to put their own twist on it. Now that I have seen the full jersey, pants and socks it doesnt look too bad but there were better choices. Here are a few I would have chosen:

image.jpeg.b08939e12dc4c19431df6b97d3e72bee.jpeg

image.png.f9d230352b49b877bc6ce919bd42a79d.png

I really like this green jersey and it seemed to make sense but as I said they love to come up with their own jersey that has to have a twist. This just looks cleaner and could have been worn for a long time.

I like the flying V in those colours but I don't like the green jersey that much. You'll always have people that disagree on liking things but people that don't like it don't have to ruin it for the people that do. Not that I really care if someone likes something I do, I'm still going to like it but the extreme negativity doesn't help anything. 

• Cheers 2

On 12/13/2020 at 11:06 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just think this colour scheme works better than the Bertuzzi/Naslund era colours. Having said that, I do think there were better fan made jerseys out there. I always think that the acqulinis see and know what the fans want but always go with the opposite. They and the people making the jersey always seem to go against what the fans desire to put their mark on it. A full green jersey made sense but they have to put their own twist on it. Now that I have seen the full jersey, pants and socks it doesnt look too bad but there were better choices. Here are a few I would have chosen:

image.jpeg.b08939e12dc4c19431df6b97d3e72bee.jpeg

I wish management would consider an alternate flying V, but it is the one version that they seem to never promote.  I think it would sell much better than they think it would.  I'd like to see a new fade colour blend version of the V.  Maybe I'll make one up and post it.

....BTW, how did this crest take on the name "flying V"?  I think that was born from someone, at one time, mixing up the name flying skate with flying V.  It works much better with the skate.  It should be called the Big V. 

This might be my all time favourite Canucks jersey to date.

If I were to rank what could have been from lowest to highest:

I don't like the flying V so I'm glad that wasn't used.

I don't think the Johhny Canuck logo works on the front. It almost reminds me of the Islanders fisherman jersey but in Penguins format. It's alright for the sleeve but it's just not good for the front.

Skate is.... okay. Blue and green are at least unique colours in the league whereas Calgary's kind of taken the original skate colours (along with our players lol). Skate would look like one of the ugliest logos in the history of the NHL in blue and green.

Stick in rink might have worked in the green and probably would have been the next best thing. I'd be fine with that.

Current Canucks logo I actually prefer over all the other logos (despite it's history, we've just never actually had what I consider to be a good logo). Having it in the gradient in the current colours to me might have been the best outcome in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

On 12/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Smacks of financial-desperation. League is losing all sense of tradition.

There'll come a day where you're watching a game(sound is down..maybe a bar?) & you'll realize you've been cheering on a hated opponent for almost a period!

Skate fans may well find themselves cheering for the Flames this season. :lol:

As far as tradition goes over the past 30 years or so the tradition has been a steady stream of new alternate jerseys. 

• Cheers 1

Big fan. My favorite jersey was the red 3rds in the wce days. I got my first real jersey as a Bert alt. Still to this day my favorite of my many jerseys. This one is awesome. I might be having to pick up this one. I already have Petey and Boeser. What we thinking, Horvat, Hughes or Miller?

Edited by shayster007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Big fan. My favorite jersey was the red 3rds in the wce days. I got my first real jersey as a Bert alt. Still to this day my favorite of my many jerseys. This one is awesome. I might be having to pick up this one. I already have Petey and Border. What we thinking, Horvat, Hughes or Miller?

Yeah I have a current Petey and Hughes looking like I got with Schmidt for the alternate 

On 12/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

image.jpeg.90f57934a9b6ece051cd89c86dba1720.jpeg

FA6824B4-029B-4318-9E2C-B0718F2DB2BC.jpeg

4B1DAFB4-EAF3-498A-AB1A-224097706E75.jpeg
it actually looks pretty good! Especially on Pettersson. It just needs an A on the jersey.

He looks f'n COOL in it.. obviously middle pic shows it off but very cool lookin in it for sure.. 

Edited by iceman64