The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks clearing Cap for Hamonic

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I feel a bit bad for saying it, but hang em up Ferland and save your health while you can. Or there could be plans for LE and SB too if we send them to the minors not sure if we save enough.

Adding a veteran depth for reinforcement on defense will be huge

$10.5M is a lot to just walk away from.  There are plenty of guys that finished out their career getting paid to be on LTIR.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

One injury to edler, myers, schimdt or hughes and benn or oj are in the top 4? 

No thanks to benn in that role, OJ could do well.

Hamonic would solidify our top 6 d with alternating benn/oj whoever in the 6 hole.

Hughes Myers

Edler Schmidt 

Oj Hamonic

Benn Rafferty/Chatfield/ Rathbone 

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Harmonic Balancer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Juolevi-Hamonic is likely a far better pairing than Juolevi-Benn. In a short, weird season whoever stays healthiest likely wins too. RHD depth is a nice thing to have. And if we somehow crash and burn he can be flipped for a pick at the TDL if he's on a 1 year deal. 

I don't see the downside. 

Agreed that Hamonic with be a stronger candidate but Benn is already contracted. He is likely movable. I think the team should be more focused on 2-3 years out. Rather use the prospects and maybe still add Bailey up front.    

49 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I feel a bit bad for saying it, but hang em up Ferland and save your health while you can. Or there could be plans for LE and SB too if we send them to the minors not sure if we save enough.

Adding a veteran depth for reinforcement on defense will be huge

If this happens and we sign Hamonic and either Hoffman or Duclair I’ll be happy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Rather sign Bailey.

We are trying to fill a RD spot. We have plenty of wingers. If Hamonic would sign cheap on a 1 year deal, then that would be the priority. But I don't see how we can't sign both as Bailey will be on the farm anyway as we are pretty full at forward as is.