The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks Orca.

Rate this topic

BoKnows

1 hour ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Appreciate your feedback, everyone is human and entitled to an opinion so I respect yours, thx. Don't comprehend the 'beer league' theory behind your thinking?!?! Or it is too cartoon looking perhaps? The Penguins and the Ducks ones are just as cartoonish and the Islanders had a fisherman on their jersey at one time. Having worn it while out grocery shopping at the Burnaby Cotsco yesterday I had a lot of folks compliment me on the jersey saying they despised the 'regional orca whale logo" and thought this had been a good idea had the team done something different like a Johnny Canuck jersey. Being a 'retro' jersey this is what they should have considered. The retro they did with the orca makes it look like a sprite can jersey! Putting a Johnny Canuck logo on it had made more sense but seeing Aquaman loves his whale logo nothing is gonna change anytime soon. As well the southern resident killer whale is on the US endangered species list and can possibly become extinct one day soon.

ErKCMPEVkAItPCa.jpg

islanders-fisherman.jpg

images.png

Em-8HexVcAA-C7G.jpg

Ducks Penguins and fisherman jerseys are all terrible, not the company I want our jerseys to join wadr. 

On top of that the endless whining ranting and asshattery by @Tiger-Hearted has honestly made me never want Johnny Canuck on any official Canuck branding at any point frankly. 

Leave that garbage logo in the 50’s where it belongs. 

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ducks Penguins and fisherman jerseys are all terrible, not the company I want our jerseys to join wadr. 

On top of that the endless whining ranting and asshattery by @Tiger-Hearted has honestly made me never want Johnny Canuck on any official Canuck branding at any point frankly. 

The current logo they currently have is just as ridiculous. Looks like a Hanna Barbera cartoon character as well. A constipated orca whale breaking through a sheet of ice! SMH! Even had the team gone with a retro with this logo on it and had worn it as an alternate I'd have no issues with it. Team should have done something different especially for their 50th anniversary. I'll keep on proudly wearing and buying the Johnny Canuck merchandise and will proudly wear my jersey at future Canucks home games once we fans are allowed back in to Rogers, and receive a lot of positive comments on the jersey, cheers haters!

IMG_2240.JPG

0725-chrisfortier-van2.png

29257655_1660871847325482_7377295024590946304_n.jpg

IMG_2235.JPG

EnAHsFpXIAAt4zv.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Guess it's quite ironic that the team went WINLESS in the new jersey, lol! And they even had a contest that they were going to be giving away a free jersey for every goal they scored but they didn't even score lmao! You see not rightfully putting a Johnny Canuck logo on the new retros cursed the team! I rest my case, later haters! Lol! I'll be back in like 3 to 6 months to read your vitriol comments back, cheers lol! The lemon was appropriate of the teams play while donning that jersey!

Euo0VD1UYAA4b9y.jpg

Em-WcRGVcAAVidU.jpg

EvIMV38VEAcxndC.jpg

2 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Guess it's quite ironic that the team went WINLESS in the new jersey, lol! And they even had a contest that they were going to be giving away a free jersey for every goal they scored but they didn't even score lmao! You see not rightfully putting a Johnny Canuck logo on the new retros cursed the team! I rest my case, later haters! Lol! I'll be back in like 3 to 6 months to read your vitriol comments back, cheers lol! The lemon was appropriate of the teams play while donning that jersey!

Euo0VD1UYAA4b9y.jpg

Em-WcRGVcAAVidU.jpg

EvIMV38VEAcxndC.jpg

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

:rolleyes:

WINLESS in the retros 4 straight games! Not putting a Johnny Canuck crest as something new and different cursed the teams play in them. Signing off, be back in a few months time to read all you Johnny Canucks haters comments until then take care and good night! Lol!

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
spelling correction

Just now, vancouverbucsfan said:

WINLESS in the retros 4 straight games! Not putting a Johnny Canuck crest as something new and different cursed the teams play in them.

Blaming a logo is absolutely stupid at best. And celebrating the team going winless is pathetic as a “fan”

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Blaming a logo is absolutely stupid at best. And celebrating the team going winless is pathetic as a “fan”

The reverse retros are an obvious cash grab and most are worse than ours.  Toronto's is hideous with how hard it is to simply read the numbers.  Obvious troll attempt.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The reverse retros are an obvious cash grab and most are worse than ours.  Toronto's is hideous with how hard it is to simply read the numbers.  Obvious troll attempt.

Comes out of the woodwork with tiger-hearted to cry about the orca yet again. Both obvious trolls at this point. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

It does kinda suck for whomever in marketing was hoping our last RR jersey home stand, hoping it was going to be a black Friday like flurry of sales.  And the team %$#& the bed.

Because I must admit, visually, they have grown on me.  Better than most of the other RR jerseys around the league. I really love how the green is more prominent . Love it on the shoulders instead of white or blue. With simple uniform white stripes. If it wasn't for the Sprite fade, it would actually be quite a conservative looking jersey. And the fade is quite subtle, especially from a TV vantage point.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, canuck73_3 said:

I happen to be a 'fan' that has had an 11 game ice pack as well as a half a season 22 game ice pack since 1997, I spend money to go watch the club play! Team needs to do something new and different like the jersey I mention. Hope all of you are enjoying the LOSING!

loser.png

dumpster fire.gif