The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks Orca.

Rate this topic

BoKnows

I don't want my team to offend people or hurt their feelings (aside from Bruins fans lol) but I have a hard time believing that people legitimately take issue with this.

I think it's more likely that people have seen an opportunity to make noise.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

so, team 1040 is saying that Bill Reid- a native artists was consulted for the Canuck logo.

Thus a big windstorm caused by some guy in Manitoba, not doing his homework.

thanks, I did not know that. Thats a great example of how to do it well, if Bill Reid put his stamp on it thats great. 

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

What's more respectful then using it in a symbol cherished by the majority of the local population.  Pro-sports teams bring the community together and using their art style is a compliment imo.  It'd be different if they used this logo as a way to mock their culture but that's obviously not the case.

Not sure how you can call it a compliment if they weren't involved. Its not like its a thing of the past like Roman architecture, the art is alive and well today on the coast. 

I don't know if honoured is the right word but I won't be offended that Gary Bettman (an American) designed our jerseys.

they'd suck. You know they'd suck. :P

I agree 100%.  If the Canucks do end up addressing this issue than will the Seahawks be pressured to change?

Also will the Atlanta Braves, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Blackhawks also rebrand?

the Blackhawks in particular need to change imo. That logo is :picard:

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not sure how you can call it a compliment if they weren't involved. Its not like its a thing of the past like Roman architecture, the art is alive and well today on the coast. 

they'd suck. You know they'd suck. :P

the Blackhawks in particular need to change imo. That logo is :picard:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

I don't want my team to offend people or hurt their feelings (aside from Bruins fans lol) but I have a hard time believing that people legitimately take issue with this.

I think it's more likely that people have seen an opportunity to make noise.

The Bruins have their own issues.   Having taken the the name from mythology from the Dutch people.  I’m sure if they play their cards right and make sure they buy clogs for underprivileged citizens, they can keep their sordid past buried.     

For us?   Won’t take long for this to whip itself into a frenzy of self righteous cancellers getting their rocks off in their mommies basements. 

• Cheers 1