The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Never really thought about that. Then again, before this pandemic I didn't think about viruses much at all.

If I worked in an environment where my sickness could potentially have catastrophic impact on the people that I was supposed to be helping and healing, I would obviously get the flu shot/vaccinated. 

So, I would support mandatory vaccinations for all health workers. Not just the covid vax but everything that could be contagious and potentially harmful for vulnerable patients. 

yeah, but thats you. Some on here would accuse you of cancel culture or some other such bs.

• Cheers 1

'I've lost my joy': Anti-vax Republican, who worked for the Trump campaign and embraced QAnon, says she has COVID-19

• Lauren Witzke was the 2020 GOP Senate nominee in Delaware.

• She ran against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons, winning 37.9% of the vote.

• She has suggested COVID-19 vaccines are part of a satanic plot.

A Delaware Republican who said coronavirus vaccines were part of a satanic plan to cause "mass death" is recovering from COVID-19, she announced Thursday, saying the illness had caused her to lose "all of my senses."

Lauren Witzke, a self-styled "Christian nationalist" who embraced QAnon and support from white supremacists, was the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, receiving 186,000 votes in her failed run against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons.

In a post on Gab, a social network popular with right-wing extremists, Witzke claimed she was "recovering from this insane bio-weapon called Covid." The 33-year-old, who has worked as a political commentator for the right-wing Christian conspiracy site TruNews, said she had decided not to tell anyone earlier so as not to alert "the $&!#libs in the media."

"This bio-weapon is demonic," she wrote. "I've lost all of my senses and struggle with constant indifference, brain fog, and I've lost my joy."

In posts shared on her Telegram channel, Witzke blamed TruNews for making her aware of the infection, insisting that nasal swabs were ultimately responsible for her getting COVID-19. "I'm an idiot for submitting to their demands and getting tested," she wrote, "and yes I know I need a good husband in my life to keep me from making bad decisions." (<--------------- :lol:) She left the company in September.

Prior to her departure, Witzke attributed a June outbreak of COVID-19 among TruNews staff to a "demonic attack" for having hosted far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart writer who now claims to be "ex-gay."

"I don't think it's any coincidence that the TruNews crew all got deathly ill, got very sick, right after they brought Milo on," she said, as reported by PinkNews.

Witzke currently works with Stew Peters, an online broadcaster who has repeatedly pushed false claims about vaccines. On his program, Witzke herself claimed that COVID-19 vaccinations were a "mass death scale injection" that would precede the end of the world.

(More in the link, if you're a glutton for punishment) https://www.yahoo.com/news/ive-lost-joy-anti-vax-215403731.html

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

'I've lost my joy': Anti-vax Republican, who worked for the Trump campaign and embraced QAnon, says she has COVID-19

• Lauren Witzke was the 2020 GOP Senate nominee in Delaware.

• She ran against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons, winning 37.9% of the vote.

• She has suggested COVID-19 vaccines are part of a satanic plot.

A Delaware Republican who said coronavirus vaccines were part of a satanic plan to cause "mass death" is recovering from COVID-19, she announced Thursday, saying the illness had caused her to lose "all of my senses."

Lauren Witzke, a self-styled "Christian nationalist" who embraced QAnon and support from white supremacists, was the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, receiving 186,000 votes in her failed run against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons.

In a post on Gab, a social network popular with right-wing extremists, Witzke claimed she was "recovering from this insane bio-weapon called Covid." The 33-year-old, who has worked as a political commentator for the right-wing Christian conspiracy site TruNews, said she had decided not to tell anyone earlier so as not to alert "the $&!#libs in the media."

"This bio-weapon is demonic," she wrote. "I've lost all of my senses and struggle with constant indifference, brain fog, and I've lost my joy."

In posts shared on her Telegram channel, Witzke blamed TruNews for making her aware of the infection, insisting that nasal swabs were ultimately responsible for her getting COVID-19. "I'm an idiot for submitting to their demands and getting tested," she wrote, "and yes I know I need a good husband in my life to keep me from making bad decisions." (<--------------- :lol:) She left the company in September.

Prior to her departure, Witzke attributed a June outbreak of COVID-19 among TruNews staff to a "demonic attack" for having hosted far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart writer who now claims to be "ex-gay."

"I don't think it's any coincidence that the TruNews crew all got deathly ill, got very sick, right after they brought Milo on," she said, as reported by PinkNews.

Witzke currently works with Stew Peters, an online broadcaster who has repeatedly pushed false claims about vaccines. On his program, Witzke herself claimed that COVID-19 vaccinations were a "mass death scale injection" that would precede the end of the world.

(More in the link, if you're a glutton for punishment) https://www.yahoo.com/news/ive-lost-joy-anti-vax-215403731.html

But Robbie Zepp says "But Hunter Biden's laptop!"

"Facts don't care about your feelings" Joseph

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But Robbie Zepp says "But Hunter Biden's laptop!"

"Facts don't care about your feelings" Joseph

But he isn't wrong even the manufacturers themselves have admitted a major drop in efficacy. what is wrong with them looking into the safety of the vax? or the true efficacy? or even looking at alternative treatments, these are all viable logical things people do when they do science.

7 minutes ago, bubba6 said:

But he isn't wrong even the manufacturers themselves have admitted a major drop in efficacy. what is wrong with them looking into the safety of the vax

Already established fact that the vaccine is safer than getting covid.

Also, while the vaccine weakens to the point that it doesn't prevent people from getting covid ,as well as it does in the first few months; it still keeps people out of the hospital at a tremendous rate.

This is all well known, where have you been?

• Cheers 4

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Already established fact that the vaccine is safer than getting covid.

Also, while the vaccine weakens to the point that it doesn't prevent people from getting covid ,as well as it does in the first few months; it still keeps people out of the hospital at a tremendous rate.

This is all well known, where have you been?

That is not a fact, it is only safer in a small group of specific people not as a blanket preventative treatment for all. not allowing others to question the "experts" is not science.

there is no significant data to support that the vaccine shows any real benefit  to anyone under the age of 50 who is in generally good health and has no underlying comorbidity.

this is especially true for children.

• Haha 1

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Friday, Oct. 22, 2021, 89.4% (4,145,426) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.9% (3,891,058) have received their second dose.

In addition, 89.9% (3,887,545) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 84.6% (3,659,100) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 649 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 200,898 cases in the province.

Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.

There are 5,106 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 193,325 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 365 individuals are currently in hospital and 143 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

The new/active cases include:

• 281 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 2,051
  • 61 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 693
  • 88 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 778
  • 130 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 980
  • 89 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 545
  • no new cases of a people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 59

In the last 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,109.

The new deaths include:

• Fraser Health: two
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: three
  • Interior Health: three
  • Northern Health: three
  • Island Health: two

There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over, for a total of 25 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village (Fraser Health);
  • Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
  • Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
  • Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village and Swedish Assisted Living Residence (Fraser Health).

From Oct. 14-20, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.2% of cases.

From Oct. 7-20, they accounted for 77.0% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 14-20) – Total 4,480

• Not vaccinated: 2,584 (57.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 338 (7.5%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,558 (34.8%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 7-20) – Total 452

• Not vaccinated: 322 (71.2%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 26 (5.8%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 104 (23.0%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 14-20)

• Not vaccinated: 311.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 99.5
  • Fully vaccinated: 36.7

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 7-20)

• Not vaccinated: 55.7
  • Partially vaccinated: 11.5
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.3

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,120,458 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0065-002021

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You clearly have no idea what this means, or anything else for that matter. You might want to sit this one out. 

uh... Comorbidity is the presence of two or more conditions occurring in a person, either at the same time, or successively. not sure what point you are attempting?

oops sorry I changed my wording, I meant to say underlying health conditions or developing additional comorbidity. ie pneumonia my bad I edited without double checking what I wrote.

but yes please show me the facts stating otherwise kind sir?

31 minutes ago, bubba6 said:

uh... Comorbidity is the presence of two or more conditions occurring in a person, either at the same time, or successively. not sure what point you are attempting?

oops sorry I changed my wording, I meant to say underlying health conditions or developing additional comorbidity. ie pneumonia my bad I edited without double checking what I wrote.

but yes please show me the facts stating otherwise kind sir?

Great, now tell us what "underlying" means?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bubba6 said:

That is not a fact, it is only safer in a small group of specific people not as a blanket preventative treatment for all. not allowing others to question the "experts" is not science.

there is no significant data to support that the vaccine shows any real benefit  to anyone under the age of 50 who is in generally good health and has no underlying comorbidity.

this is especially true for children.

6.6 BILLION pokes say you're wrong. 

Hundreds of thousands fo medical professionals say you're wrong.

Tens of thousands of individual and paired tests say you're wrong.

Hundreds of peer reviewed papers say you're wrong.

But do go on and show us your evidence towards smaller groups, under 50 etc etc etc.

Kinda over you weeds popping up in the garden with the same BS information that you'll be unable to actually produce evidence of in full

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it is, its the fed's saying it. You have to comply with the terms of your employment, and not doing that makes you ineligible for EI. Its a good move.

Anti-vaxxers are off the rails, they can't think rationally. Its only by playing hardball that we'll be able to wake them up.

100% support that.  You want freedom?  You want choice?  Well that choice, that freedom comes with a consequence.........no different than quitting, imo.

I sure hope there's no whining as most of the unvaxxed are also those crying about the govt paying people, via cerb, to sit at home

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1