The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Today marks the one month mark since I tested positive.

Not gonna lie, this is kind of scary because I feel it lingering. Trying to get back to normal...tested myself at Grouse on Friday and passed the test. But today I'm wiped and it seems to be a lot of fatigue that's not normal for me. I never usually feel tired. I'm also wheezy today (out of the blue) so I know I'm not quite there yet. But be damned...I tried a light weighy workout thoday and won't just buckle to this thing. I know it's likely best to "just rest" but 3.5 weeks of that had me feeling quite depressed so this is an effort to get back to the land of the living. Despite it being a bit of a struggle after the fact (I felt great at Grouse but it's afterward that it seems to remind me it's still there).

Our school is also being hard hit right now but our parents are really good and most keep the kids home as long as needed. Not all mind you. It's working it's way through our staff and some do report it being much tougher than expected. 

I really feel that people who undermine the severity of this don't understand how it randomly selects people to slam. I happened to be completed depleted/exhausted when I contracted it so that likely factored in. But be careful what you wish for....I'm scared of long term repercussions because I can tell that this isn't going away easily...it's trying to stick around.

I suspect the lingering (COVID) effects also impacted Brandon Sutter.

• Vintage 2

17 hours ago, -DLC- said:
17 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Today marks the one month mark since I tested positive.

Not gonna lie, this is kind of scary because I feel it lingering. Trying to get back to normal...tested myself at Grouse on Friday and passed the test. But today I'm wiped and it seems to be a lot of fatigue that's not normal for me. I never usually feel tired. I'm also wheezy today (out of the blue) so I know I'm not quite there yet. But be damned...I tried a light weighy workout thoday and won't just buckle to this thing. I know it's likely best to "just rest" but 3.5 weeks of that had me feeling quite depressed so this is an effort to get back to the land of the living. Despite it being a bit of a struggle after the fact (I felt great at Grouse but it's afterward that it seems to remind me it's still there).

Our school is also being hard hit right now but our parents are really good and most keep the kids home as long as needed. Not all mind you. It's working it's way through our staff and some do report it being much tougher than expected. 

I really feel that people who undermine the severity of this don't understand how it randomly selects people to slam. I happened to be completed depleted/exhausted when I contracted it so that likely factored in. But be careful what you wish for....I'm scared of long term repercussions because I can tell that this isn't going away easily...it's trying to stick around.

When I got it around Xmas time, it took until early March to fully get my energy back.  
I felt pretty well fine the whole time, just kinda pooched the whole time.  
About 2 full months for me.  
Hang in there Deb!

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 2

So, last night my wife and I thought it might be a good idea to test ourselves even though all the symptoms I have been experiencing are on the Covid site. I'm positive, which is the first time I've been ill for close to three years. This morning is the best I've felt since last Thursday afternoon, but still get coughing spasms, and a bit of a runny nose.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's still 194 cases per day. 40 Hospitializations per day. 6 Deaths each day averaged.

That is not good for late May. Our department got wiped out two weeks ago. I was out for 3 days. Came back after 3. One rep confirmed covid, and another got it one month ago.

I self isolated for 7 days, and two different drug stores were either opening late as they are understaffed, or closed early. Third time I finally got a kit but it was 10 days after the fact. And I didn't see the point in testing. All this and we're moving our office across the street.

Stay safe everyone.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's still 194 cases per day. 40 Hospitializations per day. 6 Deaths each day averaged.

That is not good for late May. Our department got wiped out two weeks ago. I was out for 3 days. Came back after 3. One rep confirmed covid, and another got it one month ago.

I self isolated for 7 days, and two different drug stores were either opening late as they are understaffed, or closed early. Third time I finally got a kit but it was 10 days after the fact. And I didn't see the point in testing. All this and we're moving our office across the street.

Stay safe everyone.

The pandemic is definitely still here. It’s encouraging though that there were 52 less hospitalizations and 17 less deaths this week compared to last. I don’t pay any attention to case numbers because no one’s tracking anymore. I hope this downward trend continues and one day hits zero.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Let me see if I've got this straight: your business is catered to the international traveller market, one needs to be fully vaccinated in order to enter Canada as an international visitor, and you not only implement a "no vax" policy - but you also tell your vaccinated prospective guests to get bent if they're vaccinated.

That last assertion on the article that Mike Farnworth made is a bit of an understatement (to put it mildly), if this is how they want to run their ranch.  :rolleyes:

Not to mention, they didn't specify which vaccines they were against.  I'm assuming they've been vaccinated for diptheria/tetanus, measles, or other diseases that form part of the childhood vaccination cycle.  zOMG, they'll depopulate their horses if they continue to house them at the ranch, since they themselves are also walking bioweapons!!  :picard:

And, of course they make sure their horses are all fully vaccinated.  What is wrong with these “antivaxxers”?  

Get the hell out of Canada.  Stupid loser people.  Disgustingly stupid.  

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Let me see if I've got this straight: your business is catered to the international traveller market, one needs to be fully vaccinated in order to enter Canada as an international visitor, and you not only implement a "no vax" policy - but you also tell your vaccinated prospective guests to get bent if they're vaccinated.

That last assertion on the article that Mike Farnworth made is a bit of an understatement (to put it mildly), if this is how they want to run their ranch.  :rolleyes:

Not to mention, they didn't specify which vaccines they were against.  I'm assuming they've been vaccinated for diptheria/tetanus, measles, or other diseases that form part of the childhood vaccination cycle.  zOMG, they'll depopulate their horses if they continue to house them at the ranch, since they themselves are also walking bioweapons!!  :picard:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-ranch-vaccinated-guests-1.6469456

Ranchers aren't exactly critial thinkers

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"said the ranch would eventually send refunds to customers"

lol.  Yeah right, "eventually".

And I’ll eventually hand in that assignment on romeo and juliet that was due back in 2005. Im pretty sure i know which one will happen first too.