Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yup, lets open up the schools, even though correspondence, homeschooling, and online learning has been things for years.

 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/people-test-positive-coronavirus-georgia-school-viral-crowded/story?id=72263772

9 people test positive for coronavirus at Georgia school that went viral for crowded photo

A student was initially suspended for sharing the photo.

They suspended a student for posting a photo?

What is wrong with people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stawns said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

 

For those who don't know Wade Davis, watch "The Serpent and the Rainbow".  He's seen some sh!t and he's seen society at its best and at its worst.

Better movie involving that stuff.....”Live and Let Die”.  James Bond franchise film + blaxploitation genre in vogue at the time + smoking hot Jane Seymour + kick azz Paul McCartney opening theme = classic Bond film lol.  RIP Roger Moore ( you’ll unfortunately always be THE Simon Templar to me:

 

 

yes, woman in above clip was also a “Bond girl”!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Better movie involving that stuff.....”Live and Let Die”.  James Bond franchise film + blaxploitation genre in vogue at the time + smoking hot Jane Seymour + kick azz Paul McCartney opening theme = classic Bond film lol.  RIP Roger Moore ( you’ll unfortunately always be THE Simon Templar to me:

 

 

yes, woman in above clip was also a “Bond girl”!

Except The Serpent and the Rainbow us based on a true story. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm getting tired of these people.

 

Maybe they need to be identified as a threat to public safety and dealt with accordingly. At minimum they should no longer be allowed to access the internet. They have no objective thought. 

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/7261858/anti-mask-rally-held-in-vancouver/

Just proves there are morons everywhere.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm getting tired of these people.

 

Maybe they need to be identified as a threat to public safety and dealt with accordingly. At minimum they should no longer be allowed to access the internet. They have no objective thought. 

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/7261858/anti-mask-rally-held-in-vancouver/

cowards

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those masks don't do much. If you want to keep particulates out, you need an N-95 mask on. You'd be breaking WCB rules if you showed up to work in a spray booth wearing a speedo on your face.

So you're at risk of ingesting toxins at work and the WCB has rules to make sure you don't get sick. They wouldn't say ' oh yeah, just put a glorified doo-rag on your face and your good to go.' You need a respirator with fresh filters that need to be changed every 8 hours while dealing with vapours and you need a N-95 mask for dealing with particulates,

That being said those hokey masks are better than nothing, just be aware that they aren't stopping much of your sneeze from coming out. It's giving you a completey false sense of security.

 

Edited by Timbermen
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Those masks don't do much. If you want to keep particulates out, you need an N-95 mask on. You'd be breaking WCB rules if you showed up to work in a spray both wearing a speedo on your face.

So you're at risk of ingesting toxins at work and the WCB has rules to make sure you don't get sick. They wouldn't say ' oh yeah, just put a glorified doo-rag on your face and your good to go.' You need a respirator with fresh filters that need to be changed every 8 hours while dealing with vapours and you need a N-95 mask for dealing with particulates,

That being said those hokey masks are better than nothing, just be aware that they aren't stopping much of your sneeze from coming out. It's giving you a completey false sense of security.

 

that's a wtf source, even for you

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Those masks don't do much. If you want to keep particulates out, you need an N-95 mask on. You'd be breaking WCB rules if you showed up to work in a spray both wearing a speedo on your face.

So you're at risk of ingesting toxins at work and the WCB has rules to make sure you don't get sick. They wouldn't say ' oh yeah, just put a glorified doo-rag on your face and your good to go.' You need a respirator with fresh filters that need to be changed every 8 hours while dealing with vapours and you need a N-95 mask for dealing with particulates

 

 

Hogwash....

 

Scientists tested 14 types of masks — here are the ones that worked and didn’t

 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/scientists-tested-14-types-of-masks-in-preventing-spread-of-covid-19/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here feel like Horgan and Dr. B have not been very honest with us.....?

 

 

 

Coronavirus Live Updates: At Least 97,000 Children in the U.S. Tested Positive in Last 2 Weeks of July

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/09/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hogwash....

 

Scientists tested 14 types of masks — here are the ones that worked and didn’t

 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/scientists-tested-14-types-of-masks-in-preventing-spread-of-covid-19/

Hogwash? Dude, they say right in it that some masks that are sold aren't effective. If you feel so safe with it on, go into a spray booth with only that on.

They conclude by saying those tests proved they kept droplets out while talking, thats great if you have a drooling problem but when you sneeze, it comes out with such force that droplets are then atomized. They go right through a speedo mask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Does anyone here feel like Horgan and Dr. B have not been very honest with us.....?

 

 

 

Coronavirus Live Updates: At Least 97,000 Children in the U.S. Tested Positive in Last 2 Weeks of July

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/09/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I believe them, especially Dr.B but i don't believe a damn word that comes out of the states right now, especially NYTimes or CNN. NYTimes is the national enquirer.

Edited by Timbermen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Children might be more vulnerable to Covid-19 than once believed, with new research suggesting that they are able to contract and spread the virus, especially if they don’t take precautions such as wearing a mask.

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-research-points-to-children-carrying-transmitting-coronavirus-11596978001

 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm getting tired of these people.

 

Maybe they need to be identified as a threat to public safety and dealt with accordingly. At minimum they should no longer be allowed to access the internet. They have no objective thought. 

 

https://globalnews.ca/video/7261858/anti-mask-rally-held-in-vancouver/

They do exactly what you want in China under the pretext of public safety.   Have you ever studied what rights people have in Canada? It is more than just access to Costco.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Timbermen said:

I believe them, especially Dr.B but i don't believe a damn word that comes out of the states right now, especially NYTimes or CNN. NYTimes is the national enquirer.

They might learn left, but they are held to editorial and journalistic standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it seems BC gov and Trump have similar views......

$$$ should not be more important than peoples safety.....

 

 

A report from leading pediatric health groups found that more than 97,000 U.S. children tested positive for the coronavirus in the last two weeks of July, more than a quarter of the total number of children diagnosed nationwide since March.

 

As of July 30, there were 338,982 cases reported in children since the dawn of the pandemic, according to data from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association.

 

President Trump has repeatedly maintained the virus poses little threat to children.

 

“The fact is they are virtually immune from this problem,” Trump said Wednesday in an interview with Axios.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/children-and-the-virus-as-schools-reopen-much-remains-unknown-about-the-risk-to-kids-and-the-peril-they-pose-to-others/2020/08/09/e40f0862-d81e-11ea-930e-d88518c57dcc_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_virusteens-1020a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...