The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Mine is due back next week as well.  She just got in touch with work today, they are forcing her to work from home.  Setting her up a nifty laptop and everything

Yea I may have to see if mine has her laptop in her car or I will have to go back the day before and go to her work and grab it.  Lucky for them, haven't heard if my works been affected, I was hoping to go back to work in about 3 weeks so really hoping it isn't hit and closed down yet since theres no working from home for me.

With "self-quarantine" being the new catch phrase, I imagine that once this pandemic passes, all levels of Government and majority of private sectors will seriously look at the option of telework (work from home).  By outfitting personnel with the ability to work from home (for some office type jobs), work can still get done, roads will be less congested (took me 15 min less time to get to work as roads were not bumper to bumper), transit will be probably not be overcrowded as much (may now be an option for some), and reduce carbon footprint.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Call 811, Nuck. They'll give you the lowdown. Not trying to scare you. Just giving you the facts. The people on 811 will let you know what your best course of action is. The fact that your temperature is decreasing is a great sign though.

Thanks I will. Will let you guys know what they say

Just now, Alflives said:

You won’t care!  

Haha well unfortunately I think I need the test to justify not come to work for 2 weeks!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Luckily my employer is able to implement a work from home policy until the end of March.

Unfortunately there will be no sports to help me pass the time so I will just have to work more to make time go by

Luckily my favorite sports team should be healthy when play resumes and we all know that some of our best Canuck players needed a rest to finish the regular season grind. Silver lining I suppose.

I fought through a bad cough a couple weeks ago, felt like I was hacking up a lung at some points, especially apparent at night time. In hindsight maybe I should have self quarantined but I feel 100% now.. I haven't been around any seniors at least. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Not to be crass...but does anyone seriously care about sports at this moment in time? It's about the last thing on my mind at the moment.

For some there is an overwhelming amount of virus news that anything that can provide a moment of distraction could be beneficial.   For some, sports can provide that distraction and cut down on the anxiety and stress of this situation. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, coastal.view said:

i don't agree

increased hand washing is recommended

and many people will adopt that habit

Will everyone? That's the requirement here.

social distancing is also recommended

and people can learn that

Again, will everyone?

you want them to learn to not go to facilities

because you want them closed

The facilities should be closed to prevent the spread. Not because I want them to be. You seem to have this pious attitude towards people who don't share your opinions. That's unfortunate.

people learn constantly

not sure why you think people are limited in their ability to learn

Oh coastal. Your pretention is unnecessary and doesn't help serve your point, whatever that may be. Certainly people can learn. Yes, that's true. There's a time and a place though. The willingness and capability to learn varies from person to person, you realize.....hopefully. That variance isn't something that is easily overcome, and at this present time should be addressed by removing the option to congregate.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I  bet  you feel like a hold em ace when you're watching! :lol:

You bet since I play online while I watch.38889125_PokerStarsLITE_2019-10-19-22-57-29.thumb.jpg.820d0e9f75cded9f98a34e0f21ee17f0.jpg

And yes I did when that illustrious playmoney tournament.:bigblush:

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not to be crass...but does anyone seriously care about sports at this moment in time? It's about the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Not crass at all, aGENT. A very salient and solid point. I couldn't care less about sports either right now.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

For some there is an overwhelming amount of virus news that anything that can provide a moment of distraction could be beneficial.   For some, sports can provide that distraction and cut down on the anxiety and stress of this situation. 

Put down your phone.

turn off your computer.

go outside and play catch with a friend.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yeaahhh...I get that but sports have basically been cancelled and we've got bigger fish to fry.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, AppleJack said:

Just got off the phone with 811. So even if you have symptoms (I don't have a fever)  they wont test you unless you came into contact with a positive case or have travel history.

How is anyone to even know this?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1