The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not to be crass...but does anyone seriously care about sports at this moment in time? It's about the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Aside from the entertainment aspect, some of us work in the sports/fantasy sports field. So everything getting shut down does have an impact.

• Like 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

Aside from the entertainment aspect, some of us work in the sports/fantasy sports field. So everything getting shut down does have an impact.

Everything is largely being shut down. 'Sports' are far from alone there.

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not to be crass...but does anyone seriously care about sports at this moment in time? It's about the last thing on my mind at the moment.

I'm not overly concerned about missing Canucks games.

Mind you if they were winning more in the last little bit.........

:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Everything is largely being shut down. 'Sports' are far from alone there.

I'm not saying they're alone. You asked if anyone cares about sports? I do, as it affects my work.

I understand the need to shut it down, but it's not just people's entertainment that gets affected.

• Like 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

I'm not saying they're alone. You asked if anyone cares about sports? I do, as it affects my work.

I understand the need to shut it down, but it's not just people's entertainment that gets affected.

Yes...but that applies to literally almost everything right now. First and foremost people's health and well being. Secondarily jobs (yes, sports included), people's livelihoods and homes, the economy etc... sure. 

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

you understand the virus cannot be shut out

that is not the goal

but it seems to be your goal

it is not possible

the plan is to stretch out the period of population infection

so that the medical system is not over stretched

and so that everyone can get proper treatment

the virus will be here no matter what

not sure what your posts are hoping to achieve

I think people are just having a tough time wrapping their head around this...…….most have never had their life affected by anything like this before

I totally agree with all your posts on this subject Coastal

But I just do not think they understand it is not a matter of "IF" I get the virus, but "when"

And the government is just trying to delay, when you get it, so there will be enough doctors, nurses and hospital beds for all that need it

Keep on beating the drum...………...you will never teach them all, but if you can get 30% more to understand, you have done your job....

Stay healthy, my friend!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. That is some grade A stupidity right there.

Lack of basic health safety supplies as per below, still incoming flights from high risk countries, waited until yesterday to post a travel advisory, relying on panicky and stupid TP hoarding public to stay home, wash hands, keep social distance etc... oh yeah, we're well prepared...:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I think they know how limiting those testing parameters are, but they just don't have any other choice. 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/dire-shortage-has-vancouver-doctors-turning-away-patients-seeking-covid-19-testing-1.4851403 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

I've heard through someone (not a doctor) that this virus will affect the elderly and those with respiratory problems, etc. the worst. For some reason children are immune. She said we are basically okay, this will be just like the flu if we get it, and our immune systems will be able to fight it off. 

Is this true? Is the average fairly healthy person (under 60) really in any danger?

I find some people are pretty relaxed with the whole pandemic, but others are seriously worried. I'm getting more paranoid, the more I watch the news. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've heard through someone (not a doctor) that this virus will affect the elderly and those with respiratory problems, etc. the worst. For some reason children are immune. She said we are basically okay, this will be just like the flu if we get it, and our immune systems will be able to fight it off. 

Is this true? Is the average fairly healthy person (under 60) really in any danger?

I find some people are pretty relaxed with the whole pandemic, but others are seriously worried. I'm getting more paranoid, the more I watch the news. 

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

Just got off the phone with 811. So even if you have symptoms (I don't have a fever)  they wont test you unless you came into contact with a positive case or have travel history.

Because they deem there to be no risk and if everyone went for a test over a cough it would be a waste of resources.....sort of like every year when people go to see med pros for a cold or flu.....waste of time and resources.

Edited by riffraff

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is somewhat outdated:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

image.png.88cd760bcc35c1b529920bc50ddf7622.png

I would also recommend watching this. Try not to panic....

• Thanks 1

Greece goes into lockdown, US and UK elections cancelled

Fri 13 Mar 2020 16:22:47 GMT

The news just keeps on coming

The latest is that Greece will close all bars, restaurants, shopping malls and cafes. Greece at the moment doesn't appear to be a hotspot and hopefully this is simply an aim to get ahead of it; which is the kind of medicine that I think markets will eventually come to appreciate.

Other news is that England has cancelled mayoral elections and Louisiana has cancelled the Democratic primary. The England elections have been cancelled for a full year.
  • Upvote 1