The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It just seems like convenient timing after the debate debacle... Trump is sinking his own campaign, the best thing he can do is shut up for a while. He does have the best security and one would think every precaution is taken with world leaders..

Maybe he does have it and I'm going down the conspiracy worm hole. If he does, it is ironic in the most elegant of ways.

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It just seems like convenient timing after the debate debacle... Trump is sinking his own campaign, the best thing he can do is shut up for a while. He does have the best security and one would think every precaution is taken with world leaders..

Maybe he does have it and I'm going down the conspiracy worm hole. If he does, it is ironic in the most elegant of ways.

the play on this is if he doesn't get sick from it then he can say that it is no big deal and that it is a hoax.  Yeah they said I had it, I don't know I felt great. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, samurai said:

the play on this is if he doesn't get sick from it then he can say that it is no big deal and that it is a hoax.  Yeah they said I had it, I don't know I felt great. 

I would hope he would know better than to take that road.  While, yes, it is very possible Trump could end up being an asymptomatic case, it would be very disrespectful of those that got sick and/or died to use that talking point.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I would hope he would know better than to take that road.  it would be very disrespectful of those that got sick and/or died to use that talking point.

You actually believe he wouldn't sink to that level if he thought it would somehow benefit himself?

I don't know if this is his strategy or not but I do believe there's nothing beneath him - his moral compass points in one direction > self advancement. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

You actually believe he wouldn't sink to that level if he thought it would somehow benefit himself?

I don't know if this is his strategy or not but I do believe there's nothing beneath him - his moral compass points in one direction > self advancement. 

As he gets through this (assuming he will, odds are in his favour but there are no guarantees), I could totally see him taking the approach of "I'm strong, healthy, and I recovered".  There are points to probably gain there with some.  Just don't see many points to gain in the it's not a big deal/hoax approach from him.  I'm sure some from his side will try to put that out there, I just don't see Trump himself doing it.  Heh, and if he does I'll be the first to say you told me so ;) 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

As he gets through this (assuming he will, odds are in his favour but there are no guarantees), I could totally see him taking the approach of "I'm strong, healthy, and I recovered".  There are points to probably gain there with some.  Just don't see many points to gain in the it's not a big deal/hoax approach from him.  I'm sure some from his side will try to put that out there, I just don't see Trump himself doing it.  Heh, and if he does I'll be the first to say you told me so ;) 

And his detractors could take the stance "How can he be trusted to keep your family safe from the virus if he couldn't even keep himself and his family safe from the virus?"

• Cheers 2

Now i know why no one trusts the BC government in regards to Covid....

Whoppers and more whoppers.....

New data shows a dramatic increase in the number of B.C. children with COVID-19 since schools reopened last month.

According to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, there were 178 cases among kids under 10 years old on Sept. 10. By Sept. 30, that number had climbed to 298 — a 67-per cent increase.

Among youth aged 10 to 19 years old there were 354 cases on Sept. 10. By Sept. 30, that number had climbed to 522, a 47 per cent increase.

At her Thursday briefing, provincial heath officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said the increase in cases should be viewed in the context of a large increase in testing among children.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7373249/bc-children-coronavirus-numbers/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

I suppose it's possible that Trump is faking, so he can look like a tough guy who "beat" the virus.....

...but honestly, who's going to be impressed by this other than the sheep who are already in his corner? I would think that any undecided voters would look at it and conclude that he was an idiot for exposing himself and everyone around him and that he's lucky it wasn't more serious....

I know the bar is low, but I just can't see people thinking, "Wow! Trump beat the virus that he called a hoax and downplayed while 200k people died....I'm going to vote for him!"

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now i know why no one trusts the BC government in regards to Covid....

Whoppers and more whoppers.....

New data shows a dramatic increase in the number of B.C. children with COVID-19 since schools reopened last month.

According to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, there were 178 cases among kids under 10 years old on Sept. 10. By Sept. 30, that number had climbed to 298 — a 67-per cent increase.

Among youth aged 10 to 19 years old there were 354 cases on Sept. 10. By Sept. 30, that number had climbed to 522, a 47 per cent increase.

At her Thursday briefing, provincial heath officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said the increase in cases should be viewed in the context of a large increase in testing among children.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7373249/bc-children-coronavirus-numbers/

It's unfortunate that Dr.B has now become as good or better than most seasoned politicians at spin-doctoring negative news.  Context doesn't matter Dr. B, children should have been tested from day 1. 

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2nd Wave is now hitting BC.    Who here is surprised...   BC Gov has failed to take the proper precautions so here we are......

Edited by kingofsurrey