The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 7:28 AM, Fanuck said:

Well, when the entire school (and often the entire district) is sent home newsletters after a case of measles is discovered but it's kept hush-hush if covid is discovered there seems to be a politically motivated and frighteningly negligent protocol that is being followed by government and school officials.   I mean theres even more done to notify families when there's lice outbreaks.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

interesting....

Erin Affleck
@EAffleck
· Sep 28
Got a #COVID19 notice this AM from eldest's #bced HS. No details on when, where or what class. Then in PM got a head lice notice from youngest's school w/full details on when, where, & who, along with info and contacts for any qstns. Thanks for the #transparency public health?

Agreed Fanuck , parents are just finding out about this now (lack of disclosure) is a little bit odd?  The government/health authority has been negligent in reporting cases since day 1.   

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There are 499 new cases and two additional deaths in B.C. since Friday.

New cases: 
Fri. to Sat. = 172
Sat. to Sun. = 153
Sun. to Mon. = 174

Horgan's decision to call an early election is now looking like a brilliant political move...... 

47 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgan's decision to call an early election is now looking like a brilliant political move...... 

What does calling the early election have to do with the rising case numbers? That’s all on stupid citizens who can’t stop gathering and insist on flouting official health guidelines. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

What does calling the early election have to do with the rising case numbers? That’s all on stupid citizens who can’t stop gathering and insist on flouting official health guidelines. 

It's dumbfounding, really.

Of course my new job/school has a case already.  I'm no where in the vicinity but that's hardly reassuring.  Especially when there are select individuals who still think it's ok to be maskless, in close quarters by the numbers, etc. who do wander from space to space as potential hazards.

I mean, there's enough info out there that there's really no excuse.  Especially in a professional setting.  I'm with the full on hazmat gear crowd...masks, shields, pack sanitizer everywhere, wipes.  Full meal deal.  Hope it's enough.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's dumbfounding, really.

Of course my new job/school has a case already.  I'm no where in the vicinity but that's hardly reassuring.  Especially when there are select individuals who still think it's ok to be maskless, in close quarters by the numbers, etc. who do wander from space to space as potential hazards.

I mean, there's enough info out there that there's really no excuse.  Especially in a professional setting.  I'm with the full on hazmat gear crowd...masks, shields, pack sanitizer everywhere, wipes.  Full meal deal.  Hope it's enough.

Congrats on the new job! Not sure how new that is for you but I remember all you went through with the old employer in the spring...On to bigger and better things hopefully!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

Still, Global shouldn't be giving these idiots any air-time. 

The irony with giving them air time when the media is "controlled by the federal government and Bill Gates" is uncanny to say the least. If what they are saying is true, why is the media talking to them in the first place? lol

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Dr. B from day one was not for compulsory masks  .

Sad that people are not smart enough to follow experienced  scientists outside of BC that supported masks earlier on..

Mandatory Mask on BC transit

Horgans  huge Fail of invitiing all of Alberta to come party / holiday in BC last summer

Mandatory masks in public space / stores

Masks , barriers and social distancing  in Middle / High Schools.

Improved ventilation in public offices and schools. 

Failure to limit  / eliminate certain international flights  / countries flying  into  BC  / Did BC gov even lobby for this to happen....?

All would have been usefull policy by our BC gov ...   Its like Horgan refused to acknowledge that Covid was spread throught the air.... and that mandatory masks could limit the spread....

Edited by kingofsurrey

38 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The irony with giving them air time when the media is "controlled by the federal government and Bill Gates" is uncanny to say the least. If what they are saying is true, why is the media talking to them in the first place? lol

Because Saturday Night Live is only on .. on Saturdays....