The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Should have thrown them overboard. Let the Orcas sort them out. 

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Today?  Should be a multi month ban.

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

The day long ban is often stretched, after all video and witness statements are reviewed.

At least ban em for a few days. Make them pay for a few nights at a hotel and miss work on Monday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are there any videos publicly out there? 

I'd be very heated and would want to hand out some knuckle sandwiches, which wouldn't solve anything and just get me in trouble with my wife and/or beat up. But if they don't care about my health, I should return the favour...

Are they still demanding everyone to get out of their cars, or did Horgan's plea change anything?

I could see this happening more and more if that is still mandated.  

I don't know about you tube vids or the like; however vast areas of the ships and terminals are under video surveillance.

Yes, you must exit your car, if you are on the lower "closed in" deck, with all the semis'.

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Today?  Should be a multi month ban.

Seems they've gathered downtown now.

Mostly brought in from Saskatchewan....according to a friend:

Most aren't from Vancouver. They had a convoy come from Sask lead by Mark Friesen -people came from all over to celebrate this cult. The creators of the rally are from Langley. One of the creators is running in the BC Election for East Langley.

Yep...he's live blogging his trip.  Who invited this freak?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes, I’m horrible for wanting Orca based justice on those humans that actively want to kill others due to their proactive ignorance. I say again, toss those tossers. 

your tendency it to advocate death and beat downs on people who don't hold your views.   Obviously, you don't walk it.  

5 minutes ago, samurai said:

your tendency it to advocate death and beat downs on people who don't hold your views.   Obviously, you don't walk it.  

You’re right. I don’t ‘walk’ with the Orcas. 

Is the ironing burning for you, or is it just me, when you deride my tongue-in-cheek advocacy of death by water for those who were trying to take the masks off of others, who wore them, in an effort to expose them and others to a deadly virus? 

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Goddamn Sascatchthecovidwan. Keep your ignoramii to yourself. 

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
17 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It makes sense that anyone who has to commute back and forth to the Island wouldn't get involved with this. Any kind of a significant ban could totally upend your life.

Someone from Regina wouldn't be affected at all....

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It makes sense that anyone who has to commute back and forth to the Island wouldn't get involved with this. Any kind of a significant ban could totally upend your life.

Someone from Regina wouldn't be affected at all....

After a ban, all you have to do is get a different plate for your car or just walk on. No I.D. required. Pay cash.

Most likely don't need a plate change either as they don't scan plates and have multiple ticket booths, with multiple people in them, at the larger terminals.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

After a ban, all you have to do is get a different plate for your car or just walk on. No I.D. required. Pay cash.

Most likely don't need a plate change either as they don't scan plates and have multiple ticket booths, with multiple people in them, at the larger terminals.

Haven't you heard, G? You need ID to buy groceries these days.....B)

But you're correct, there are always ways around it. Still, they could post photos (if they had them) at the ticket booths. If it were me and I had an important business meeting hanging on a trip to the Island, I'd be sweating, if I was attempting to board a ferry, knowing I was barred from doing so.

Bottom line: No matter how strongly I felt about the mask issue, I wouldn't put my livelihood in jeopardy, just to protest against it.

But I'm smarter than most.....B)

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Haven't you heard, G? You need ID to buy groceries these days.....B)

But you're correct, there are always ways around it. Still, they could post photos (if they had them) at the ticket booths. If it were me and I had an important business meeting hanging on a trip to the Island, I'd be sweating, if I was attempting to board a ferry, knowing I was barred from doing so.

Bottom line: No matter how strongly I felt about the mask issue, I wouldn't put my livelihood in jeopardy, just to protest against it.

But I'm smarter than most.....B)

Up to 2,100 people on the Spirit class ships- really hard to pick a face out of the crowd 

Even the Super "C" class- that run out of Nanaimo carry 1,600 passengers.

If you are banned from the smaller boats, then you are screwed as it is easy to spot the guilty person, out of a couple of hundred folk.

Edited by gurn
spelling
  • Hydration 1

Here's a little more on the dingus leading the anti-mask movement:

Many attendees at the Vancouver rally spread misinformation and touted conspiracy theories, including one of the speakers expected to appear remotely at the event: David Icke, a British conspiracy theorist who became well-known for his theories on lizard people and the Illuminati.

The Canadian Anti-Hate Network calls Icke an “antisemitic conspiracy superspreader” because he claims that “Rothschild Zionists” control the world, that Jews financially supported Hitler during the Second World War, and that Jews were behind both the 9/11 terror attack and the 2008 recession.

Icke has also argued that schools should permit the study of Holocaust denial.

He was banned from YouTube after promoting the idea that COVID-19 was caused by 5G technology.

https://vancouversun.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-banned-from-b-c-ferries-after-causing-a-disturbance

Edited by Robert Long
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

Many attendees at the Vancouver rally spread misinformation and touted conspiracy theories, including one of the speakers expected to appear remotely at the event: David Icke, a British conspiracy theorist who became well-known for his theories on lizard people and the Illuminati.

The Canadian Anti-Hate Network calls Icke an “antisemitic conspiracy superspreader” because he claims that “Rothschild Zionists” control the world, that Jews financially supported Hitler during the Second World War, and that Jews were behind both the 9/11 terror attack and the 2008 recession.

He was banned from YouTube after promoting the idea that COVID-19 was caused by 5G technology.

https://vancouversun.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-banned-from-b-c-ferries-after-causing-a-disturbance

Imagine being this stupid :picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

"Jews financially supported Hitler"? :blink:

Talk about lousy bang for your buck....:unsure:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Jews financially supported Hitler"? :blink:

Talk about lousy bang for your buck....:unsure:

yeah that one is a kicker. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Imagine being this stupid :picard:

we don't need to imagine, hundreds of them were on display downtown this weekend. 

How about imagining some tool on the ferry yelling in your face for wearing a mask... "man overboard" would be my solution to that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

A Georgia state lawmaker crowdsurfed over maskless attendees at a Georgia Trump rally

Vernon-Jones

Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones crowd surfs at a campaign rally for President Trump in Macon, Georgia. AP Photo/John Bazemore

• Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones, a top Black surrogate for President Donald Trump, crowd surfed while maskless at a rally while awaiting the arrival of the Republican president.

• The interaction with the crowd flouted social distancing and mask-wearing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control. 

• Jones was sharply criticized by state Democratic party leaders for endorsing Trump over Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-state-lawmaker-crowdsurfed-over-155644732.html

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

A Georgia state lawmaker crowdsurfed over maskless attendees at a Georgia Trump rally

Vernon-Jones

Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones crowd surfs at a campaign rally for President Trump in Macon, Georgia. AP Photo/John Bazemore

• Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones, a top Black surrogate for President Donald Trump, crowd surfed while maskless at a rally while awaiting the arrival of the Republican president.

• The interaction with the crowd flouted social distancing and mask-wearing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control. 

• Jones was sharply criticized by state Democratic party leaders for endorsing Trump over Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-state-lawmaker-crowdsurfed-over-155644732.html

It's disgusting that some black people are so blind to the racism that doesn't happen to them because they're in power.  No black person should be supporting Trump. This guy here is corrupt beyond repentance.

• Hydration 3
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic