The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, swizzey said:

Okay so you want to use the study that includes pre-existing conditions. If you had stage 4 brain cancer and happened to have COVID-19, you are including in the head count of these mortality rates. If you committed suicide and happened to have COVID-19, you are considered in this study. 

In the source I quoted it takes into account the primary cause of death, not every death in which they found COVID-19 in the body.

Do your research. 

Best off for you to just stay out of the thread, I am sure a MOD can make that happen! If it hasn't happened yet, only a matter of time before someone on CDC loses someone from Covid.

Nobody in the world knows what the long term affects are from Covid...damn virus hasn't even been around for a year yet! post all the links you want...when it makes an entire country shutdown or restrict gatherings etc they aren't just putting their country into financial hardship for fun...I wouldn't brush this off as nothing.

My old lady goes to work in the hospital and sometimes she has to get in all the full PPE as she goes into rooms where people are quarantined and she tells me this is no joke...Will believe my Nurse Girlfriend over any link you post saying it only affects the severely old, which is false.

IGNORE!

• Wat 2

26 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Best off for you to just stay out of the thread, I am sure a MOD can make that happen! If it hasn't happened yet, only a matter of time before someone on CDC loses someone from Covid.

Nobody in the world knows what the long term affects are from Covid...damn virus hasn't even been around for a year yet! post all the links you want...when it makes an entire country shutdown or restrict gatherings etc they aren't just putting their country into financial hardship for fun...I wouldn't brush this off as nothing.

My old lady goes to work in the hospital and sometimes she has to get in all the full PPE as she goes into rooms where people are quarantined and she tells me this is no joke...Will believe my Nurse Girlfriend over any link you post saying it only affects the severely old, which is false.

IGNORE!

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Another one of those "Our facts are just statistics, but your statistics are facts."?

Deaths with COVID-19 are used in most statistics and those statistics are what the media use to push fear and ratings. 

Deaths from COVID-19 has a 99.5% survival rate for those under 70 years old.

38 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

only a matter of time before someone on CDC loses someone from Covid.

Lost two family friends back in England, mum knew them quite well.

One was 45, one was 70.

Cause of death was purely covid. No other distractions for some peoples rosy statistics. 

There are a few others on here that have sadly known people that have perished. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Lost two family friends back in England, mum knew them quite well.

One was 45, one was 70.

Cause of death was purely covid. No other distractions for some peoples rosy statistics. 

There are a few others on here that have sadly known people that have perished. 

Sorry for your loss brother/sis. Very sorry to hear.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swizzey said:

The mortality rate for those age 70+ with influenza shows a similar mortality rate. 90% of influenza deaths are over the age of 70. If you are over the age of 75, you are 250 times more likely to we shut down the country every flu season?

No.  We don't.

Because we HAVE a vaccine against the flu, we generally have built up immunity to it AND it generally doesn't cause major underlying health issues over time.

If you want to prove it's a big fat nothing please put your children parents or grandparents up for verification after infection as collateral.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If you want to prove it's a big fat nothing please put your children parents or grandparents up for verification after infection as collateral.

I didn’t say it’s a big fat nothing. But I am saying that keeping the entire country shut down with a battered economy and unemployment at record high with families simply trying to pay rent and keep food on the table is not justified with the mortality rates being what they are. 

Not sure why you sound hostile; simply rationalize your thinking and change my mind instead. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, swizzey said:

I didn’t say it’s a big fat nothing. But I am saying that keeping the entire country shut down with a battered economy and unemployment at record high with families simply trying to pay rent and keep food on the table is not justified with the mortality rates being what they are. 

Not sure why you sound hostile; simply rationalize your thinking and change my mind instead. 

How is that hostile?  You're saying it's  essentially nothing.  The doctors, experts and otherwise plus the data of those affected are saying otherwise.

If you want the country thrown open again you should be willing to risk as much as everyone else who is currently ok with how things are.

As for a nation being shut down...how exactly is anything really shut down at all right now?  Essentially everything is open again with few restrictions.  The economic numbers are all increasing as every new sector gets running again.  The economy and country are not shut down in any way shape or form really anymore.  Restricted  slightly yes but not shut down.

13 minutes ago, swizzey said:

where is this happening, other than virus hotspots? 

The same people who spout this bs about 'lockdowns" are the same ones who are going to cause future lockdowns because they the ones who also refuse to wear masks, social distance ot inconvenience their lives in any way to keep other people safe,

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How is that hostile?  You're saying it's  essentially nothing.  The doctors, experts and otherwise plus the data of those affected are saying otherwise.

I never said it was essentially nothing. What I am saying is that the opportunity cost of the countries restrictions. For example, the unemployment rate has over doubled since February. In February, the unemployment rate was 5.6%. July was 13.7%, September 11.3%. That is a significant uptick of stress for families. Correlated to those numbers are owners and operators of companies suffering to get by and stay afloat. This is just one example of the cost of the countries restrictions. 

A second example is the struggle for children trying to do E-learning often resulting in one parent needing to help them through. This is a significant problem with most families having both parents working. 

These are just two of many more examples that is having a serious affect because of the restrictions. 

All at the cost of a 0.9% mortality rate of COVID-19. 

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's over 200 000 dead Canadians?  You're all good with that?

No I am not good with that. You are assuming every single person in Canada gets COVID-19 before a vaccine is released? I’ll give you the ole Joe Biden “C’mon man!”

1 minute ago, swizzey said:

I never said it was essentially nothing. What I am saying is that the opportunity cost of the countries restrictions. For example, the unemployment rate has over doubled since February. In February, the unemployment rate was 5.6%. July was 13.7%, September 11.3%. That is a significant uptick of stress for families. Correlated to those numbers are owners and operators of companies suffering to get by and stay afloat. This is just one example of the cost of the countries restrictions. 

A second example is the struggle for children trying to do E-learning often resulting in one parent needing to help them through. This is a significant problem with most families having both parents working. 

These are just two of many more examples that is having a serious affect because of the restrictions. 

All at the cost of a 0.9% mortality rate of COVID-19. 

you keep spouting that shyte.  That's a lot of dead Canadians, all of whose lives are worth just as much as yours, they deserve to live just as much as you do.  They have all have families and friends and people that love them.

Can you also provide a credible source for those numbers.  An established medical publication 

2 minutes ago, swizzey said:

No I am not good with that. You are assuming every single person in Canada gets COVID-19 before a vaccine is released? I’ll give you the ole Joe Biden “C’mon man!”

well that's not happening anytime soon, so lets do everything we can to keep Canadians alive.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

you keep spouting that shyte.  That's a lot of dead Canadians, all of whose lives are worth just as much as yours, they deserve to live just as much as you do.  They have all have families and friends and people that love them.

Can you also provide a credible source for those numbers.  An established medical publication 

My life is no more valuable than anyone else’s. That is correct. 

Sure:

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

• Vintage 1