The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, spur1 said:

Strangest thing today. Went to see the doctor today and had to wear a mask in the clinic but at the end of the visit he tried to shake my hand. :blink:

It's not strange. You had to sanitize to get in the office. You are both wearing masks. He sanitizes his hands probably 50 times a day. It's about as low risk as you can get. It's ok to be aware but it's about as sterile a setting you can be in

22 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

The only thing I wonder about with the region-by-region approach is if (for example) the island opens up, will we see people from the VCH and FHA regions going there to enjoy the enhanced freedom and spreading the virus?

Lift the drawbridges!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Honest question as I take covid seriously but lots of people tell me covid only kills older people or people already sick.  Do we know long terms effects? How would I respond to these people? 

I'm 99% positive I had it in late January/early Feb and I haven't had a healthy, normal day since.  I've struggled with my lungs and with acid reflux every day since I was sick.    

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The health authority has given the police the ability to handout fines. It’s the law enforcement agency’s discretion whether or not to act in an informational manner or a punitive one. We’re seeing stepped up punitive ones recently around Metro Vancouver. 

ONLY in BC. -  Masks are not mandatory...  nice try though......

Edited by kingofsurrey

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

ONLY in BC. -  Masks are not mandatory...  nice try though......

They’re mandatory on public transit and Richmond has made them mandatory in their public buildings. I think public buildings may be one of the next things that get mandated province wide. Just a guess. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

They’re mandatory on public transit and Richmond has made them mandatory in their public buildings. I think public buildings may be one of the next things that get mandated province wide. Just a guess. 

BC government  is  anti mask /  anti science .....  

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Nope

Yup...

While at least 33 kids and three teachers at Capella Dance Academy have tested positive for COVID-19, the outbreak was only reported by Fraser Health after 8 p.m. on Nov. 2. Capella’s owner, Sarah Wood, said she received her positive test result on Oct. 26, and was told by Fraser Health to wait for contact tracing to do anything else.

While Wood proactively emailed her studio roster on Oct. 27 and shut down, Fraser Health would have been OK with her staying open.

On Nov. 1, just before 10 p.m., parents of a dozen schools in Chilliwack (myself included) were sent letters stating there had been a confirmed case at their child’s school. But Fraser Health’s online school exposure list as of 9 a.m. on Nov. 3 had only one school listed, from Oct. 19. Finally, by 10:30 a.m. that day, it was updated but without dates of exposure.

https://www.theprogress.com/opinion/opinion-fraser-health-dropping-the-ball-on-covid-19-communication/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'm 99% positive I had it in late January/early Feb and I haven't had a healthy, normal day since.  I've struggled with my lungs and with acid reflux every day since I was sick.    

Can you get tested for antibodies?
Just wondering if there is a way if you can confirm if you actually had it.

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Just stop.   You're making nothing but reactionary noise.

Throw a bunch of self-righteous, blind shade at imaginary/assumptive "non-functioning families" / parents.

And then "teach" their children with a "hammer".  

Brilliant "leadership" solution.

Pink Floyd The Wall Hammers GIFs | Tenor

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

These little authoritarians man. Such attitudes.  

I went to the school to pick something up and check out the gym because I wasn't sure if it was open and as soon as I walk in "Get out, I need you to leave, you aren't allowed here." I told him to chill out and put a &^@#ing sign up if you don't want people in here. 

Coronavirus - Denmark plans to kill 15 million animals after a mutation spreads to humans

Wed 4 Nov 2020 21:46:36 GMT

Denmark's Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen wants to cull its mink population of (up to 17 million ).

• Health authorities found virus strains in humans and in mink which showed decreased sensitivity against antibodies, potentially lowering the efficacy of future vaccines, Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said.

54 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Coronavirus - Denmark plans to kill 15 million animals after a mutation spreads to humans

Wed 4 Nov 2020 21:46:36 GMT

Denmark's Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen wants to cull its mink population of (up to 17 million ).

• Health authorities found virus strains in humans and in mink which showed decreased sensitivity against antibodies, potentially lowering the efficacy of future vaccines, Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said.

Big sale on Danish fur coast upcoming....

...should be on Amazon shortly....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/canada-s-first-case-of-rare-swine-flu-variant-found-in-central-alberta-patient-1.5789440

2020 just won't quit!  

Alberta public health and agriculture officials are investigating after the first case in Canada of a rare swine flu variant was detected last month in a central Alberta patient.

The case is only the 27th in the world since 2005, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said in a joint statement Wednesday with Dr. Keith Lehman, chief provincial veterinarian.

"A confirmed case of variant Influenza A (H1N2)v has been detected in central Alberta," Hinshaw and Lehman said in the statement.

"This currently appears to be one isolated case and there is no increased risk to Albertans at this time. This is the only influenza case reported in Alberta so far this flu season."

At a news conference Wednesday, Hinshaw said the virus was detected in mid-October when a patient with influenza-like symptoms sought medical treatment at a hospital emergency department.

"We are taking this seriously, as any human infection with a non-seasonal influenza virus needs to be followed up under our international obligations," she said.

A sample collected from the patient was tested for influenza and for COVID-19 as part of a routine process, Hinshaw said.