• over 1100 deaths for the day also.

2020 just keeps giving. 

25 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

US coronavirus update: 104,000 newly confirmed cases reported today

Wed 4 Nov 2020 23:58:26 GMT

Another grim milestone ticks over for USA

• 104k new cases

I believe that's what Dr. Birx was identifying a few days ago in her statement - it was going to get a LOT worse in the US, predicting there would soon be 100K infections per day.  Definitely contradicting her boss who was spouting that they were 'rounding the corner'.  

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

US coronavirus update: 104,000 newly confirmed cases reported today

Wed 4 Nov 2020 23:58:26 GMT

Another grim milestone ticks over for USA

• 104k new cases

I wonder if there's any solid data about how many cases have been the result of Trump rallies....

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, skategal said:

I believe that's what Dr. Birx was identifying a few days ago in her statement - it was going to get a LOT worse in the US, predicting there would soon be 100K infections per day.  Definitely contradicting her boss who was spouting that they were 'rounding the corner'.  

To be fair, I think he meant 'rounding the corner' to a mass grave.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Big sale on Danish fur coast upcoming....

...should be on Amazon shortly....

PETA is gonna be loosing their crap!  I would take a nice fur coat for the winter, its like they say its one of the warmest materials.

China has suspended entry of UK nationals citing COVID19

Thu 5 Nov 2020 00:54:04 GMT

China has temporarily suspended entry of UK nationals.

• Saying its a necessary preventive measure against the coronavirus
Chinese Embassy in the UK statement.

Visas issued after November 3 will not be affected by the policy.

How the tables have turned.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Anyway - not all people that took their children out - are "Covidiots" - in fact, judging by the numbers of people I saw out in my neighborhood - and the nevertheless very low amounts of proximity/exposure/risk (people devised lots of ways to avoid contact/exposure) - I'd say there were very few 'Covidiots' = many people that wanted and did manage to create some level of 'normalcy' for children - some fun - on what is supposed to be one of the funnest days of the year - did so in reasonable ways that balanced fun and safety.

Everyone out seemed to be leaving massive space between each other and almost everyone giving candy had some sort of PVC pipe to slide candy down into kids buckets where I went.  The chance for exposure would have been very very low because of how much space was given anywhere, I didn't feel worried in the least for my family. 

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Russ said:

PETA is gonna be loosing their crap!  I would take a nice fur coat for the winter, its like they say its one of the warmest materials.

I remember watching a comedian years ago, talking about how he didn't feel sorry for Minks....

It went something like "The Mink is the biggest prick in the forest"....which is actually true....they kill for fun....

Edited by RUPERTKBD

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Everyone out seemed to be leaving massive space between each other and almost everyone giving candy had some sort of PVC pipe to slide candy down into kids buckets where I went.  The chance for exposure would have been very very low because of how much space was given anywhere, I didn't feel worried in the least for my family. 

Just did not see the point in getting tiny kitkats from 50 stranger's homes during a  viral pandemic.

Most families  i know had small parties / halloween scavenger hunts  in their homes this year. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

Never TOO LATE for Horgan and Dr. B to follow current Science...... about masks.....

COVID-19: Triple-layer masks now recommended as we move indoors for winter

The new recommendation comes from Canada’s chief public health officer, Dr. Theresa Tam.

https://theprovince.com/news/covid-19-triple-layer-masks-now-recommended-as-we-move-indoors-for-winter/wcm/91e215e1-4f9c-4da8-998a-f0f63129fd35

Edited by kingofsurrey

37 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

No point in continuously bringing up US covid numbers in this thread

To be fair though, this is the Coronavirus Thread, not the Canadian Coronavirus Thread. The US numbers are important information to Canadians, for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

To be fair though, this is the Coronavirus Thread, not the Canadian Coronavirus Thread. The US numbers are important information to Canadians, for a variety of reasons. 

May you elaborate why my good guy