The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Unsure how you can call him a conspiracist when he in FACT got test 4x and each time was a different result.

Either you call him a liar or you get me proof that he is lying. 

You can't and  or you won't

I suppose that was a bit of a harsh term.

I am not sure what he is trying to accomplish though, causing people to not believe the statistics and/or their anecdotal tests.

I appreciate the skepticism, but is he correct in thinking that something "bogus" or "fake" is going on?

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Elon pumping conspiracies..

I heard he believes we live in a simulation and that Aliens are watching us. So, maybe par for the course.

Makes me think the testing is garbage. They aren't tracking lang haul symptoms. I believe here in BC you have to pay for antibody tests too?

Those in control are making a mess, world wide.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I heard he believes we live in a simulation and that Aliens are watching us. So, maybe par for the course.

Makes me think the testing is garbage. They aren't tracking lang haul symptoms. I believe here in BC you have to pay for antibody tests too?

Those in control are making a mess, world wide.

To be fair, the bolded may be true; I think it is likely the latter is anyway, but I digress.

Does Elon also have symptoms or is he just running a self experiment? I think the conclusion is that whatever test he took is inaccurate. He either had 2 false postives or 2 false negatives. Either way that test is garbage. But is he symptomatic? The accuracy of the test likely increases if you are symptomatic, so Elon testing himself without symptoms can be misleading if that is the case.

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

To be fair, the bolded may be true; I think it is likely the latter is anyway, but I digress.

Does Elon also have symptoms or is he just running a self experiment? I think the conclusion is that whatever test he took is inaccurate. He either had 2 false postives or 2 false negatives. Either way that test is garbage. But is he symptomatic? The accuracy of the test likely increases if you are symptomatic, so Elon testing himself without symptoms can be misleading if that is the case.

It seems to be a self-experiment;

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I actually believe the same as Elon. 

I think it was Michio Kaku stated the same claim about a simulation.

I guess I wish we could write some code to get rid of this virus.

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

Unsure how you can call him a conspiracist when he in FACT got test 4x and each time was a different result.

Either you call him a liar or you get me proof that he is lying. 

You can't and  or you won't

is there any proof he is telling the truth?

42 minutes ago, bree2 said:

is there any proof he is telling the truth?

And why the hell would a sane person get 4 tests in one day? He got two negative ones. Most normal people would have taken that and been fine with it. 

It doesn’t make sense. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Elon pumping conspiracies.. surprised his tweets are not being flagged for "claim disputed" 

I am a little confused with what he is getting at here though with the cycles..

I wouldn’t call that a conspiracy.

Although he needs to provide proof if he’s claiming a test does not work properly. I’m sure that would be valuable information to health officials.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t call that a conspiracy.

Although he needs to provide proof if he’s claiming a test does not work properly. I’m sure that would be valuable information to health officials.

Musk is a billionaire with a bad attitude. He can & often does say what he pleases.  Remember when he called the dude a pedophile. Who ran the submarine rescues of those kids stuck in a cave in Thailand a few years ago? 

Just hire a lawyer, and you can call anyone a pedophile.

He reminds me of Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Zero empathy right now for the South Asian community.  The self centered selfish actions of some have created a massive problem for everyone.  We will likely be pushed back to the March/April levels of shut down because some couldn't manage to live a few months without mass gatherings, couldn't manage self isolation when they were waiting for test results and generally think the pandemic guidelines don't apply to them.  Now people in Surrey aren't answering the phones when contact tracers call them because having COVID carries a stigma.  Well holy F***!  

• Vintage 2

Bitching about bitching. Did I come to the right thread?

Someone has ruined this thread and it's not me.

Then I thought the thread was about Covid and not a about a bunch of personal $&!# that didn't apply here. What a waste of time. I used to rely on good thinking minds here. Now it's just a personal angst thread for those seeking attention.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, skategal said:

Zero empathy right now for the South Asian community.  The self centered selfish actions of some have created a massive problem for everyone.  We will likely be pushed back to the March/April levels of shut down because some couldn't manage to live a few months without mass gatherings, couldn't manage self isolation when they were waiting for test results and generally think the pandemic guidelines don't apply to them.  Now people in Surrey aren't answering the phones when contact tracers call them because having COVID carries a stigma.  Well holy F***!  

That's the sad irony isn't it?  The people who refuse to listen to experts are the same people who whine about shutdowns.........yet can't seem to grasp that they are the cause of a looming shutdown

• Cheers 1

Nanaimo hospital COVID-19 outbreak may have come from Lower Mainland: Island Health

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/nanaimo-hospital-covid-19-outbreak-may-have-come-from-lower-mainland-island-health-1.5186217

...Stanwick said the virus was likely community acquired and brought into the hospital, but not by a patient...

They don't state it in the article but word on the street here on the Island is that it was a few Nurses that went to the mainland for a Halloween party.

Nurses!

Come. On. People.

• Cheers 1

SWEDEN!!!!  The rallying cry of Covidiots everywhere.  Oops. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-herd-immunity-second-wave-coronavirus-cases-hospitalisations-surge-2020-11?utm_source=reddit.com

Sweden has admitted its coronavirus immunity predictions were wrong as cases soar across the country

• Sweden's chief epidemiologist has admitted that the country is now experiencing a second wave of coronavirus despite predicting that the country's no-lockdown policy would prevent another surge.
  • Tegnell had suggested that case numbers would be "quite low" in the autumn compared to other European countries which imposed lockdowns.
  • However, the latest figures show Sweden is experiencing higher levels of coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths than its neighbours, relative to population size.
  • "We see community spread in many regions simultaneously right now," Tegnell said, according to Reuters.
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Musk is a billionaire with a bad attitude. He can & often does say what he pleases.  Remember when he called the dude a pedophile. Who ran the submarine rescues of those kids stuck in a cave in Thailand a few years ago? 

Just hire a lawyer, and you can call anyone a pedophile.

He reminds me of Trump.

Well Dotard has some experience in the matter trying to get into the Miss Teen USA changing rooms.  

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Really have no idea why gyms in the lower mainland are allowed to be open.  Makes no sense.

Is working out in a gym really essential during a PANDEMIC.   Probably a better idea to work out at home.. go for a trail run... or just cycle / walk about and stay active.  Heavy workout breathing indoors at a GYM makes Zero sense. 

I guess that is what happens when you have a  current BC government with ZERO  plan to limit covid in our province.   

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1