The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

2 minutes ago, st33 said:

Not looking good, lockdown Christmas is near.

Thanks, party goers. Hope you had a good night you bunch of twits.

Just listened to Dr. Henry today.  Don't get me wrong, I have lots of respect for her but she is still very passive in her messaging.  Telling us politely to step back.  Not willing to lay blame and saying its not our fault etc... Talk needs to get tougher.  Its obvious that there is a certain segment of the population that is either not getting the message or who don't give a damn unless it hits them hard in the pocketbook.  Just today, I was picking up my take out order from Basil box.  Despite the recommendations for wearing masks, in walks someone without wearing a mask, starts ordering and then moves within a foot away from me talking away.  I quickly shuffle away and give him a dirty look.  If you don't want to wear a mask, at least have the courtesy to social distance.  Next time I won't be so understanding.  

• Vintage 1
55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If you're concerned that a potential new lockdown will significantly impact your social life.

Maybe just maybe your social life is the reason we're looking at a new lockdown.

Again.  This is NOT on the government.  This is 100% on the people.

Yep...they've given every opportunity to be adults and get this thing done.

Sadly, some people's social lives are more important than actual lives in their selfish view.  They're pathetic.  We're ALL fed up with isolating and sacrificing ... but to bail has consequences that others have to face.  I'm tired of being kind...I'm actually bordering on obnoxious when I run into one of these clowns who feels it's all a hoax.  Because my family's well being is on the line...I don't take that lightly.  Invincible super heroes....unless they can fly they're the damn hoax.   Put on a mask, quit spewing all over everyone, shut down your lame ass drunk people standing around looking stupid parties and get with the program.

/rant (for now anyhow)

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
22 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Just listened to Dr. Henry today.  Don't get me wrong, I have lots of respect for her but she is still very passive in her messaging.  Telling us politely to step back.  Not willing to lay blame and saying its not our fault etc... Talk needs to get tougher.  Its obvious that there is a certain segment of the population that is either not getting the message or who don't give a damn unless it hits them hard in the pocketbook.  Just today, I was picking up my take out order from Basil box.  Despite the recommendations for wearing masks, in walks someone without wearing a mask, starts ordering and then moves within a foot away from me talking away.  I quickly shuffle away and give him a dirty look.  If you don't want to wear a mask, at least have the courtesy to social distance.  Next time I won't be so understanding.  

There's so many of them out there.  They think they look cool/tough.  They really just look ignorant and uneducated.

• Hydration 4
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I am not that strong at Math.... but .....   This would put us 4000 new cases per day in BC by xmas....  Yikes...

Hopefully our government takes more strict action. Soon.  Soon as in yesterday soon. 

British Columbia

Latest modelling shows COVID-19 cases in B.C. doubling every 13 days

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/latest-modelling-shows-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-doubling-every-13-days-1.5799829

Edited by kingofsurrey
10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am not that strong at Math.... but .....   This would put us 4000 new cases per day in BC by xmas....  Yikes...

Hopefully our government takes more strict action. Soon.  Soon as in yesterday soon. 

British Columbia

Latest modelling shows COVID-19 cases in B.C. doubling every 13 days

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/latest-modelling-shows-covid-19-cases-in-b-c-doubling-every-13-days-1.5799829

The South Asian and the 20-30 year old community, around metro-van, needs to get its act together. 

I want to see more information being put into and out of the temples and Punjabi tv shows/news channels.

The South Asian community is a good and responsive community but it needs the focus of the govt and it’s own internal messaging to get the word out about the provincial health guidelines. If not, then hit them in the wallet, hard. That might just get some of them to take more notice. 

• Like 1

Watched Jay and Trudi Inslee’s news conference. Further restrictions may come next week. Jay brought up to quarantine starting today for Washingtonians having Thanksgiving with family outside the home.  Him and Trudi are having a virtual Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are cancelled in my family.  I think my parents are making pizza for Thanksgiving.  

• Hydration 3

As COVID-19 cases surge, experts urge South Asians to stay home this Diwali

image.thumb.png.4ab2f22486b1c84feef747d04b8d19fb.png

It’s a sentiment echoed by B.C.’s Henry, who has hosted numerous teleconferences with ethnic media groups in Vancouver to share information and answer questions on the virus specific to the South Asian community.

“It’s not in any way to blame the [South Asian] community,” she said.

“Now we need to take measures to protect the community because it is being transmitted in the South Asian community moreso than we’re seeing in others right now.”

https://www.omnitv.ca/on/en/as-covid-19-cases-surge-experts-urge-south-asians-to-stay-home-this-diwali/

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I could see new cases per day continue to rise for the next little while since it will mark two weeks or so since Halloween.

Heh, people just had to go out to 50 houses for those little kitkats.....

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re a murder hornet? I could see that. 

Oops wrong thread... I was sure it was on the murder hornet thread... 

LOL - oh well. 2020 Covid and Murder Hornets can kinda go together... what a year.....

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Heh, people just had to go out to 50 houses for those little kitkats.....

I'm thinking the issue would probably be more the teens/twenty somethings partying in close proximity to eachother than people who were abundantly distant and overwhelmingly masked while trick or treating.

• Hydration 3
23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm thinking the issue would probably be more the teens/twenty somethings partying in close proximity to eachother than people who were abundantly distant and overwhelmingly masked while trick or treating.

Just don't see getting Kitkats from various strangers homes as essential during a viral pandemic crisis.  Justify the activity  however you want though. 

Just hoping we can still meet as a family  ( various households ) for this xmas......

I think i read in Quebec it may be only 2 households meeting at a time max for xmas.  That is terrible. 

Really hoping we can stablize the covid so we can have a xmas event with our families.   2020 sucks. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
7 hours ago, brilac said:

Watched Jay and Trudi Inslee’s news conference. Further restrictions may come next week. Jay brought up to quarantine starting today for Washingtonians having Thanksgiving with family outside the home.  Him and Trudi are having a virtual Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are cancelled in my family.  I think my parents are making pizza for Thanksgiving.  

I've already told my sister I might be dropping wine at her doorstep for Christmas. She can just leave some Nanaimo bar outside the door and we'll exchange.

• SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic