The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

https://thebreaker.news/business/bonnie-henry-spin-doctor/

25 K per month...   200 K spent now....    Well they wrote some pretty cool slogans so i guess it was worth it......

I do prefer when government contracts are bid though. That would have been a bit more transparent. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

UP to 85 tents per night  at the border crossing park... CDN and Americans hooking up in the tents... no quarantine after....

Yet Dr. B says no issue with it...     People are fed up with DR. B and her BS...

In recent months, after the COVID-19 pandemic put a halt to easy cross-border travel, some Canadian residents have been hopping a ditch along the border to go hang out with friends and family from the American side in Washington’s Peace Arch Historical State Park. Some of those who meet pitch tents for a little privacy, and when they’re done their international socializing, they return home with what nearby residents like Cynthia Adams and her husband, Keith Fortune, say is little or no intervention from police or border officials.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/officials-say-border-loophole-hangout-spot-concerning-warn-of-penalties

thats not true or fair King. Henry has zero control over a shared border area, thats federal jurisdiction. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats not true or fair King. Henry has zero control over a shared border area, thats federal jurisdiction. 

Really .. you don't think Horgan can call in the local police to clear out campers from the area... ? Or fine them ?

YOu want 80 of your neighbours heading into the USA each night and then next day shopping in your store..... no quarentine.

Thats a joke. 

Sad how people here really expect so little from their BC politicians..

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Really .. you don't think Horgan can call in the local police to clear out campers from the area... ? Or fine them ?

Horgan can't send local cops to that border area, no. He could get them to pull over leaving peace arch up the road when it becomes Surrey, take names and follow up sure. But thats not Henry's responsibility, its Horgan's. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Horgan can't send local cops to that border area, no. He could get them to pull over leaving peace arch up the road when it becomes Surrey, take names and follow up sure. But thats not Henry's responsibility, its Horgan's. 

Horgans leadership...  just more idle threats....    more of the same .....

Heh,  whats another potential  86  Covid infected people heading into BC each morning.... No quarentine....  No big deal right... 

“Enforcement of this issue is ongoing and individuals who are found failing to comply with the order may be subject to fines.”

Fraser Health declined to comment.

Edited by kingofsurrey

Who saw this coming....     No masks.... what was Dr. B and Horgan thinking.....

BC is the most anti science province in Canada....  Sad story. 

Among those battling the virus is the school’s music teacher, Darlene Lourenco, who has been moved to intensive care, according to an update on a GoFundMe launched in support of her family. Lourenco’s husband, Tony, also has the virus.

“Darlene is our beloved music teacher,” wrote Amy Bateman, the fundraiser’s organizer. “She has an amazing talent for teaching and shares her passion for music with our children daily. Even when schools closed in the spring, Darlene went above and beyond to create online music experiences for the families at home. She is loved so much by all who know her.”

The GoFundMe has raised over $21,000 since it was launched five days ago.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/surrey-elementary-school-will-close-for-two-weeks-due-to-covid-19-outbreak/wcm/a7787c2f-c2e0-46d1-b9bd-fc88a25c3322

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgans leadership...  just more idle threats....    more of the same .....

Heh,  whats another potential  86  Covid infected people heading into BC each morning.... No quarentine....  No big deal right... 

“Enforcement of this issue is ongoing and individuals who are found failing to comply with the order may be subject to fines.”

Fraser Health declined to comment.

they're afraid of the enforcement option. Not sure why they'd be afraid of fines with a new 4 year mandate.... but it is what it is. We have to protect ourself and families from the folks out there that just don't care. Horgan's not going to solve that for you.

• Cheers 4

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they're afraid of the enforcement option. Not sure why they'd be afraid of fines with a new 4 year mandate.... but it is what it is. We have to protect ourself and families from the folks out there that just don't care. Horgan's not going to solve that for you.

With no enforcement...  and no mandatory masks....  this is where we get to...

Among those battling the virus is the school’s music teacher, Darlene Lourenco, who has been moved to intensive care, according to an update on a GoFundMe launched in support of her family. Lourenco’s husband, Tony, also has the virus.

“Darlene is our beloved music teacher,” wrote Amy Bateman, the fundraiser’s organizer. “She has an amazing talent for teaching and shares her passion for music with our children daily. Even when schools closed in the spring, Darlene went above and beyond to create online music experiences for the families at home. She is loved so much by all who know her.”

The GoFundMe has raised over $21,000 since it was launched five days ago.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/surrey-elementary-school-will-close-for-two-weeks-due-to-covid-19-outbreak/wcm/a7787c2f-c2e0-46d1-b9bd-fc88a25c3322

You know, up until recently, I have been totally on side with what the Doc has been saying and what the Government has decreed, but I am starting to change my views

Over on the Island we were so lucky when the BC ferries were only running at half capacity, and there were no visitors

But the truth is..............all the decisions have been based on economics....................sooooooo

1. Decree.........Everybody wears a mask when out of their home

2. Institute big fines to all that ignore it

3. ban all non necessary inter provincial travel in BC

4. Allow only 1 family member into shopping stores

5. NO gatherings outside of immediate household family

6. and although I think it is a small part..................stop the cross border meetings

- Let the kids do half time in schools

We do that for 4 weeks and Covid will be reduced and controlled

in 12 weeks we will all start being vaccinated

I would also say to all those Holiday travelers that came here............you are staying until the new year

and big fines if caught on the highways..............

Also put the ferries back to reduced sailing until then

Lets get things back under control

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, up until recently, I have been totally on side with what the Doc has been saying and what the Government has decreed, but I am starting to change my views

Over on the Island we were so lucky when the BC ferries were only running at half capacity, and there were no visitors

But the truth is..............all the decisions have been based on economics....................sooooooo

1. Decree.........Everybody wears a mask when out of their home

2. Institute big fines to all that ignore it

3. ban all non necessary inter provincial travel in BC

4. Allow only 1 family member into shopping stores

5. NO gathers outside of immediate household family

6. and although I think it is a small part..................stop the cross border meetings

- Let the kids do half time in schools

We do that for 4 weeks and Covid will be reduced and controlled

in 12 weeks we will all start being vaccinated

I would also say to all those Holiday travelers that came here............you are staying until the new year

and big fines if caught on the highways..............

Also put the ferries back to reduced sailing until then

Lets get things back under control

Or maybe regular sailings but every second sailing is for commercial traffic only? Got to make sure the islands get supplies. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

YOu want 80 of your neighbours heading into the USA each night and then next day shopping in your store..... no quarentine.

Thats a joke. 

Sad how people here really expect so little from their BC politicians..

If on Federal Government land, Jurisdiction is probably Canadian Border Security Agency (CBSA) which is Federal.

However, they do have Border Officers to arrest individuals. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think, quietly, teachers are expecting an extra two weeks tacked on to the winter break.......for students, not teachers.  It makes sense to use that time for a school circuit breaker.

At Cowichan Secondary in Duncan they are on the quarter system. Two classes at a time for 10 weeks. They start their second quarter on Tues, Nov 17. To take two weeks out of that already jam-packed curriculum would be disastrous for a subject such as Math. Already in my tutoring of Math 11 and Math 12 students, I am finding that the holes in their knowledge from there previous grade (because of March to June lock down, etc) is having a real effect on their ability to do this year's work. They just missed the background stuff they should know.

• Cheers 1

- How about a small business grant for automatic doors with sensors

- How about wiping down shopping carts like they did at first

- How about people using a little common sense?

- How about putting meat packers and vegetable suppliers on shift work, so they are not working so close together

- How about wipes for the gas pumps

It just seems there all these little things people and business's could do by them selves

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

- How about a small business grant for automatic doors with sensors

- How about wiping down shopping carts like they did at first

- How about people using a little common sense?

- How about putting meat packers and vegetable suppliers on shift work, so they are not working so close together

- How about wipes for the gas pumps

It just seems there all these little things people and business's could do by them selves

Depends on the store.

IGA where I shop. They wipe everything. They have insisted on masks for the past 2 months. Social distancing, and good flow of the customers to each cashier.

Save On Foods, no mask mandatory. But very good social distancing and traffic management of shoppers. 

Safeway (Which I don't shop if I can help it anymore. Only has social distancing but horrible management of people to cashiers. No mask policy either.) 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Depends on the store.

IGA where I shop. They wipe everything. They have insisted on masks for the past 2 months. Social distancing, and good flow of the customers to each cashier.

Save On Foods, no mask mandatory. But very good social distancing and traffic management of shoppers. 

Safeway (Which I don't shop if I can help it anymore. Only has social distancing but horrible management of people to cashiers. No mask policy either.) 

Well That is where the Government could play a roll

that and common sense 

Who am I fooling? :picard: