The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Started check list today...……...

- cancelled trip to Phoenix end of the month (no warm weather golf! Sob! and SOB!

- cancelled remaining league games (2) almost the end of the season

- cancelled 1 month of noon hour hockey

- Bought 4 cases of beer (this is not hoarding) it is 2 weeks worth (I will ration my daily intake) :picard:

- Bought latex gloves

- made sure my meds were full

-Called my 92 year old mom (made sure her furnace oil was full)

- re-assured her

- Back to CDC to see what's up!

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Annie's white cheddar :D 

edit: how are you feeling btw..? 

Somewhat better, chest and throat pain has subsided a bit but the dry cough has gotten worse. Thanks for asking! How are you?

Edited by Petey40
  • Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

I was coughing a couple mins ago....fear not. It was the cannabis virus.

Gonna stock up today.

Recently reno'd one of our rental cabins. Found 6 jars of seeds in the shed. Don't know how to grow but if this thing on for a long time, I tell ya I will learn. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Koka spicy stir fry noodles. With a can of Irn Bru. Can't beat it. 

Not great for you, but delicious as far as instant noodles go. 

Mmm that sounds good, with all this craziness going on and arguing about this virus on here I think it would be cool to share some ideas for non perishable recipes with each other. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Somewhat better, chest and throat pain has subsided a bit but the dry cough has gotten worse. Thanks for asking! How are you?

Good to hear! And yes I am about the same.. "somewhat" better which at least is the right direction to be heading in. Cough never got too bad but fever and throat pain refuses to go away 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Pretty good?

Who's that guy(?)...doesn't he/she know about how harmful plastic straws are?

He does... but he weighed the options. Be harmful to the planet or harmful to human race.  He chose the planet, and not spread germs. 

Just now, Petey40 said:

Gonna be honest, stock piling some wine in case liquor stores close is pretty high on my priority list. 

Ok, for real.

I was going to be a liquor rep for a bit last year. Did a bit of work and didn't like it. The agency still loves me so they gave me all the samples.

Few 3 cases of wine...case each of white rum, dark rum, vodka...15 flats of various RTD's, 6 flats of beer. All sitting in my garage.

I'm set for that supply.

You have a good idea though. The liquor and pot shops will be busy and the BCLDB will likely face distribution problems. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

"We're Pulling Out All The Stops": Trudeau Promises To Help Canadians With Their Bills As He Leads Nation From Home

After his wife, Sophie Gregoire, revealed last night that she had been diagnosed with Covid-19 following a trip to London, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau - who apparently hasn't been infected - said during a noon press conference on Friday that he is feeling fine, and will continue running the country from the comfort of his home office until he's officially cleared to return to the office.

During a news conference held outside his home

n the mean time, Canada will be "pulling out all the stops"

Trudeau ticked off a litany of daily stressors that are affecting Canadians, from school cancellations creating urgent child-care needs, to workers who might need to forgo paychecks.

"We will help Canadians financially," Trudeau said, promising to help out with child care, as well as a "fiscal stimulus package" that will be delivered "in the coming days.

Trudeau also said he's spoken with world leaders including Trump, UK PM Boris Johnson and French President Emmanuel Macron, and assured Canadians that the G7 would deliver a "coordinated response" to the crisis. The leaders of the organization's nation-state members will join a conference call on Monday to decide (or not) exactly what the nature of that response will be.

Does that mean Turdeau will support me here in Maui as I self quarantine? Might take another month.

• Haha 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Ok, for real.

I was going to be a liquor rep for a bit last year. Did a bit of work and didn't like it. The agency still loves me so they gave me all the samples.

Few 3 cases of wine...case each of white rum, dark rum, vodka...15 flats of various RTD's, 6 flats of beer. All sitting in my garage.

I'm set for that supply.

You have a good idea though. The liquor and pot shops will be busy and the BCLDB will likely face distribution problems. 

Oh hell yeah thats awesome! It seems if things take a turn for the worst and we trend like Italy we will see everything but basic necessities shut down in a similar fashion to them. 

• Cheers 1