Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

Just now, HKSR said:

Closing borders on top of other strategies.  So because it is here already we just don't give a !@#$ that more cases are inbound? 

 

Read what Denmark and Norway are doing.  Close the borders, and close social gathering settings (ie. restaurants, bars, etc) along with service providers (ie. salons, barbers, etc).  Basically shut down the country for a few weeks and that could be a HUGE impact on the spread of this virus.  A few weaks of isolation for the country could save hundreds or even thousands of lives long term.

as you indicate

they appear to be implementing country wide self isolation

so travel and border crossing is irrelevant to their self isolating citizens

and they do not want others to enter who will not self isolate

 

unless that is the new status here

closing borders make no sense

what the usa is doing about border restrictions make no sense

 

what bc is implementing about travel

is that people who travel to certain countries

must self isolate upon return

and there is also screening

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

as you indicate

they appear to be implementing country wide self isolation

so travel and border crossing is irrelevant to their self isolating citizens

and they do not want others to enter who will not self isolate

 

unless that is the new status here

closing borders make no sense

what the usa is doing about border restrictions make no sense

 

what bc is implementing about travel

is that people who travel to certain countries

must self isolate upon return

and there is also screening

What is your expertise in disease control?

 

Seriously, what qualifications do you have to make statements like this?

 

None....yeah...that is what we all thought.  :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home. No pasta, no rice, no toilet paper, no soap, no medicine, next to no fresh veg. 

 

One woman walking around with half a shopping cart's worth of pasta after cleaning the shelves. 

 

People are idiots. 

Should've taken some if you needed it. She's no more entitled to it than anybody else

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

as you indicate

they appear to be implementing country wide self isolation

so travel and border crossing is irrelevant to their self isolating citizens

and they do not want others to enter who will not self isolate

 

unless that is the new status here

closing borders make no sense

what the usa is doing about border restrictions make no sense

 

what bc is implementing about travel

is that people who travel to certain countries

must self isolate upon return

and there is also screening

You do realize people are asymptomatic right? The virus can be untraceable. And it’s spreading around the entire world. Close the borders.

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home. No pasta, no rice, no toilet paper, no soap, no medicine, next to no fresh veg. 

 

One woman walking around with half a shopping cart's worth of pasta after cleaning the shelves. 

 

People are idiots. 

I'd wager same person used the "express lane" (eg., 12 items or less) despite having probably well over a dozen items in her cart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Denmark completely seals its borders from people

Fri 13 Mar 2020 18:42:13 GMT

 

All borders will close tomorrow

Not even China closed its borders but Denmark says it will completely close access to the country by air, sea and road starting tomorrow until after Easter.
 
Only Danes or people working in the country will be allowed in.
 
I can't imagine this includes trade but that's a dramatic step. I'm not even sure that's legal under EU rules but I don't think they care.
 
 
All borders will close tomorrow

it's a bit easier for the Danes than most countries....a 40 or 50 mile border with Germany and a bridge connecting them to Sweden....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home. No pasta, no rice, no toilet paper, no soap, no medicine, next to no fresh veg. 

 

One woman walking around with half a shopping cart's worth of pasta after cleaning the shelves. 

 

People are idiots. 

As I mentioned earlier, I am a couponer, and I have a stockpile of non-perishables, paper goods, some frozen foods (slacked off a bit in that area lately).  Friends laugh at me, but in times like this, I am prepared.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home. No pasta, no rice, no toilet paper, no soap, no medicine, next to no fresh veg. 

 

One woman walking around with half a shopping cart's worth of pasta after cleaning the shelves. 

 

People are idiots. 

Yup.  A rumour around my area now that the government has requested people to stock up on supplies for 30 days of food etc.

 

It's an absolute gong show everywhere.  people are genuinely the most fearful and stupid creatures to inhabit this rock

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Super Store around 11am.

 

Tons of panicked shoppers. Got in and out in about 20 minutes with all I needed.

 

Strange thing though - flats of water bottles, the hand soap bins, medicine, vitamins and antibacterial mouth wash were all fully stocked. 

 

What wasn't fully stocked? Frozen pizzas, chocolate bars, frozen lasagnas, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

As I mentioned earlier, I am a couponer, and I have a stockpile of non-perishables, paper goods, some frozen foods (slacked off a bit in that area lately).  Friends laugh at me, but in times like this, I am prepared.  

There's being prepared and there's going overboard. I've got enough non-perishables to last 3 to 4 weeks in case i need to self isolate. I don't need any more than that. 

 

I won't hoard pasta, toilet roll and paracetemol at the expense of others. Especially when there's no reason to panic buy. What are they going to be doing? Sitting on their toilet $&!#ting spaghetti out for 3 months? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Went to Super Store around 11am.

 

Tons of panicked shoppers. Got in and out in about 20 minutes with all I needed.

 

Strange thing though - flats of water bottles, the hand soap bins, medicine, vitamins and antibacterial mouth wash were all fully stocked. 

 

What wasn't fully stocked? Frozen pizzas, chocolate bars, frozen lasagnas, etc. 

TP all cleaned out?  Lysol wipes?

 

I was at the South Van store (I didn't look for those items but I did notice the canned soups were noticeably few in number on the shelf).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...