The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Dramatic. 

Yah, covid is pretty dramatic actually.   I am still waiting for the funeral of one of the most important people  in my life - she passed away last March... still no funeral due to covid.   Could not even visit her the last month of her life.... not allowed in to hospital..... Did not really want to fly there last March also......  So yes it is very dramatic for many of us. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, covid is pretty dramatic actually.   I am still waiting for the funeral of one of the most important people  in my life - she passed away last March... still no funeral due to covid.   So yes it is very dramatic for many of us. 

Sorry for your loss, but lashing out and saying there is zero plan ad nauseam on here will solve nothing. 

Everyone is learning on the go with a pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry for your loss, but lashing out and saying there is zero plan ad nauseam on here will solve nothing. 

Everyone is learning on the go with a pandemic. 

I agree covid was a new thing and we were not prepared.... but the BC governmnet response has been appalling.  

BC should be a leader in health care  in Canada....  

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, covid is pretty dramatic actually.   I am still waiting for the funeral of one of the most important people  in my life - she passed away last March... still no funeral due to covid.   Could not even visit her the last month of her life.... not allowed in to hospital..... Did not really want to fly there last March also......  So yes it is very dramatic for many of us. 

Sorry for your loss.

My older cousin passed away due to breast cancer in July.  Her funeral was done via zoom.  Not the ideal way but it was what could be managed under the circumstances. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree covid was a new thing and we were not prepared.... but the BC governmnet response has been appalling.  

The fault of people not following clear guidelines falls on those people. Mass gatherings like the one on Granville is the fault of those morons and those morons alone.  

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

44 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

There was a March today in Vancouver....

Was it  an anti mask march... or was it a march asking for the BC government to start taking covid seriously... and make masks

mandatory - START  enforcing covid laws. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

22 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Was it  an anti mask march... or was it a march asking for the BC government to start taking covid seriously... and make masks

mandatory - START  enforcing covid laws. 

Anti mask, anti Bonnie Henry, and I saw a trump 2020 sign as well

Information coming out....  

Parents at a Surrey school grappling with a COVID-19 outbreak say they’re frustrated it took officials so long to close the facility down.

The music teacher, Darlene Lourenco, remained in intensive care Sunday, though a colleague said her condition had stabilized.

Sanghera said Lourenco was teaching scores of children across multiple grades and learning cohorts, a situation unfair to both her and to the students.

At least seven cases, including at least one teacher, have been identified at Cambridge Elementary.

On Saturday night Fraser Health announced the school would close for two weeks, and on Sunday officials said about 850 staff and students would be asked to self isolate.

Rani Sanghera, president of the school’s parent advisory committee doesn’t understand why it took officials days to act.

“Parents have been emailing the district, they’ve been emailing the ministry since Nov. 9 when they first found out about the exposure to the music teacher,” she said.

“They felt very unheard, and they think the school should have been closed a week ago.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7464035/cambridge-elementary-covid-outbreak-closed/

Edited by kingofsurrey

Moderna says its coronavirus vaccine appears to be 94.5% effective

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/moderna-vaccine-test-coronavirus-1.5803266

For the second time this month, there's promising news from a COVID-19 vaccine candidate: Moderna said Monday its shots provide strong protection, a dash of hope against the grim backdrop of coronavirus surges in the United States and around the world.

Moderna said its vaccine appears to be 94.5 per cent effective, according to preliminary data from the company's still-ongoing study. A week ago, competitor Pfizer Inc. announced its own COVID-19 vaccine appeared similarly effective — news that puts both companies on track to seek permission within weeks for emergency use in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Ha ha.   Come and live in Ontario.   Ford has done an ok job considering.   But BC - especially considering more cases originated there initially- has done so much better.   What’s happening there right now has more to do with the people ignoring regulations then what’s been regulated.  Also think because the first wave was so mild that BC residents haven’t quite figured it out yet- but they will eventually.  

Atlantic Canada definitely has their own thing going on.   They’ve been lucky though.   But smart enough to make sure it stays that way for the most part.

Here it’s a close reality.   In-laws live 7 minutes from us - both in their mid 70’s and both their neighbours were picked up in an ambulance two weeks ago.  The man has been battling it for a month now and lost 25lbs.    And today the elementary school 1km down the road has quarantined 130 of its students.   And I live in a small town of 5k.    It’s here.   Lock downs will be inevitable in ON within the next 2-4 weeks the way things are going.   BC never locked down close to the same because they didn’t need too, but maybe if they some folks would been better prepared for what life with Covid can look like when it’s worse then it was.

That’s about the only criticism I can make on their governments behalf, a full lock down (as in you simply don’t leave your house for 2 weeks) - is what the entire planet should be doing - just arrange for food and water and enjoy Netflix and the internet for two weeks but folks are just too caught up in whatever they think is significant and “essential” like a haircut, or a gym day or a visit to see a bubble friend.    It’s completely unrealistic to expect people to take time off work with bills - yet the government allowed this and paid for it.  They won’t keep doing it - and shouldn’t either - putting that sort of debt on future generations isn’t right.

It’s people that are screwing this up in our country.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2