The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

28 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My basement bar has more than half an ounce of booze  in a drink though......

I actually think having my bro in my basement for a xmas drink... is WAY>>>>>>> safer than hanging out in a crowded cactus club full of strangers......    

BC's covid restrictions make no  sense.... so people tuned out DR. B  ...

Dance school - closed

Cheerleading school - open

Masks need by kids at the mall.

Masks not needed by kids at school.

Ice hockey team can not play games but can practise

Roller hockey team can both  play games and practise......

Bar open

Can't have your bro over xmas morning for a drink....

What's in the home bar?

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, I have had a busy afternoon

First off, I cancelled my daughter coming down from Dawson Creek for Christmas.....pi$$es me right off.she has not been home for Christmas for 7 years

But I told her we would be together next Christmas

Then, I took my dog for a walk, and ran into a hockey friend of mine that told me to stay away as he had a confirmed case of Covid, which he got from playing hockey....

4 others from his group have it also..............

Just a great afternoon it was! :picard:

so he has the virus and he's out walking around?  WTF?

• Cheers 1

Took a socially distanced walk on Saturday, with masks. Just my sister and sister in law. Had to do some paperwork for my aunt's estate. (Miss you Aunt Betty). 

Had a cup of coffee outside on the porch. 

My sister said this might be the rehearsal for Christmas. We might just have to get together and take a walk. If that's the case I hope it's snow not rain. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

so he has the virus and he's out walking around?  WTF?

No, he it was his first time out of his house and I caught him just outside is door.......he sounded great and still warmed me, he is a great guy

He has quit hockey for the year.            he feels lucky

• Vintage 1

wow

The percentage of Covid  tests that are coming back positive in B.C. has soared from 1.6 per cent in mid October to the most recent 6.7 per cent.

https://theprovince.com/news/covid-19-almost-a-third-of-tests-in-vancouver-coastal-health-now-administered-by-gargle-not-invasive-swab/wcm/4e648771-a87e-443e-973b-08d320498f61

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

At least you’re not complaining about masks mandates in shared public spaces anymore. 

Come back when you actually have some kind of an opinion...... or even an  interesting thought to add here. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

The pub on my street is open ....  rec hocey teams are practising  at my local arena...... cactus club on my street has a lineup waiting to get in...... and i should worry about having my brother over on xmas day ... social distancing in my basement... 

Really ?

It’s a no brainer... simply just enjoy your Christmas!

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

My basement bar has more than half an ounce of booze  in a drink though......

I actually think having my bro in my basement for a xmas drink... is WAY>>>>>>> safer than hanging out in a crowded cactus club full of strangers......    

BC's covid restrictions make no  sense.... so people tuned out DR. B  ...

Dance school - closed

Cheerleading school - open

Masks need by kids at the mall.

Masks not needed by kids at school.

Ice hockey team can not play games but can practise

Roller hockey team can both  play games and practise......

Bar open

Can't have your bro over xmas morning for a drink....

I understand the frustration but the unfortunate reality is that your basement doesn't employ people, whereas a restaurant does. My synopsis is that they are being more flexible in environments that contribute economically and more stringent with social gatherings in homes that don't help people pay rent. That said, it is a select few that have ruined it for everyone by not following the very simple rules.

• Cheers 1

South Dakota....whose state legislature is...no surprise...controlled by the GOP with their head up their ass.   Tough for me to feel sorry for them....especially since they’ll likely spread COVID to various parts of their country and probably ours.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

I bet we had this many cases back at the start. I mean we are now testing a crap ton more. Even life labs is now testing! Back in January my wife and I got really sick, I had 104 temp and pneumonia. My wife had the same but less worse and loss of smell.  Many people at my work during the same period were off sick for days to a few weeks with similar symptoms. I think it’s always been bad.     People can’t seem to figure this out. 

12 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

No, he it was his first time out of his house and I caught him just outside is door.......he sounded great and still warmed me, he is a great guy

He has quit hockey for the year.            he feels lucky

apparently they just shut down the men's league in Kelowna after at least 1 positive test

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, kurtis said:

I bet we had this many cases back at the start. I mean we are now testing a crap ton more. Even life labs is now testing! Back in January my wife and I got really sick, I had 104 temp and pneumonia. My wife had the same but less worse and loss of smell.  Many people at my work during the same period were off sick for days to a few weeks with similar symptoms. I think it’s always been bad.     People can’t seem to figure this out. 

I don't recall mass open graves in New York City in January.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

Just don’t give him a DR B doll for Christmas. 

Give me the 25 K doll. 

Its a Private PR Firm doll........  that writes Dr. B's speeches for 25K  per month...  It would be OK if her pressers actually ever had any good advice or new covid restrictions in them.......   

My rec hockey team and rolller team are both good to go.... but can't have mom over xmas morning social distancing / with masks  for a social visit....  Yah-  that makes sense. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1