The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Give me the 25 K doll. 

Its a Private PR Firm doll........  that writes Dr. B's speeches for 25K  per month...  It would be OK if her pressers actually ever had any good advice or new covid restrictions in them.......   

My rec hockey team and rolller team are both good to go.... but can't have mom over xmas morning social distancing / with masks  for a social visit....  Yah-  that makes sense. 

KOS, stop your friggin whining...........I love ya man, but geesh

If you want your mom over for Christmas, bring her over and roll the dice

If you are wrong, you will have to live with the consequences 

What you are not taking into consideration, is that some people , if they did not work, would not be able to afford their medicines, nor food for the table

It is not that I do not see the hypocrisy, but the Government is trying to balance alot more than just your and my simple problems

I would bet most of the decision makers have some very restless nights........far more than me and you

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Give me the 25 K doll. 

Its a Private PR Firm doll........  that writes Dr. B's speeches for 25K  per month...  It would be OK if her pressers actually ever had any good advice or new covid restrictions in them.......   

My rec hockey team and rolller team are both good to go.... but can't have mom over xmas morning social distancing / with masks  for a social visit....  Yah-  that makes sense. 

you had me scared for a minute there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

My basement bar has more than half an ounce of booze  in a drink though......

I actually think having my bro in my basement for a xmas drink... is WAY>>>>>>> safer than hanging out in a crowded cactus club full of strangers......    

BC's covid restrictions make no  sense.... so people tuned out DR. B  ...

Dance school - closed

Cheerleading school - open

Masks need by kids at the mall.

Masks not needed by kids at school.

Ice hockey team can not play games but can practise

Roller hockey team can both  play games and practise......

Bar open

Can't have your bro over xmas morning for a drink....

Meanwhile they have already and may very well yet again punish business owners and their customers despite following guidelines as a way of trying to teach other individuals and groups who aren't following guidelines that what they are doing is wrong. It's happened in Toronto again and this time some businesses won't survive it. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Meanwhile they have already and may very well yet again punish business owners and their customers despite following guidelines as a way of trying to teach other individuals and groups who aren't following guidelines that what they are doing is wrong. It's happened in Toronto again and this time some businesses won't survive it. 

its the people not following the rules that are punishing the rest of us, not the gov't. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Tell that to the business owners who are being shut down for doing nothing wrong and not contributing to this

pandemics aren't fair. People acting like selfish pigs isn't fair. The needed actions to curb the pandemic aren't fair. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

pandemics aren't fair. People acting like selfish pigs isn't fair. The needed actions to curb the pandemic aren't fair. 

And it's illogical and nonsensical to shut them down; there's zero correlation between shutting down mom and dad's shop and virus rates

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its the people not following the rules that are punishing the rest of us, not the gov't. 

Possibly if we had a government in BC that actually followed CURRENT  science.... and then made covid restrictions that followed current science.....  we would not be in the position we are in. 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

And it's illogical and nonsensical to shut them down; there's zero correlation between shutting down mom and dad's shop and virus rates

unless someone is sick and comes in. It all depends on the potential exposure risk. 

You're mad at the wrong people. The tools we have to fight the pandemic right now are very blunt instruments and people are going to suffer for it. There's no perfect solution here and acting like there is will just frustrate you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Possibly if we had a government in BC that actually followed CURRENT  science.... and then made covid restrictions that followed current science.....  we would not be in the position we are in. 

meh, point that somewhere else. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

unless someone is sick and comes in. It all depends on the potential exposure risk. 

You're mad at the wrong people. The tools we have to fight the pandemic right now are very blunt instruments and people are going to suffer for it. There's no perfect solution here and acting like there is will just frustrate you. 

their approach to some of this is nonsensical. In fact it is harmful and it doesn't even take two seconds to demonstrate that; but the flip side is "it's not my business so who gives a $&!#."

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

their approach to some of this is nonsensical. In fact it is harmful and it doesn't even take two seconds to demonstrate that

their approach is based on where outbreaks have occurred, either in our province or from other examples in other jurisdictions.

The reality is we're going to lose many small businesses and many more lives. We can mitigate it somewhat but thats the reality here. 

IMO we need to focus more on these fools who just don't care and fine them into financial oblivion until it sinks in. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

As always, the few (selfish, ignorant and shortsighted) will ruin it for the many. 

It's odd there are still people attempting to blame government for the failings of people. Government can point people in the right (or wrong, if your in the US) direction. People are what will, in the end, decide how this goes.

very true. Its like we're in a very unfair situation somehow. 

Thankfully the fed's have stepped up with a new rent program today, so that should help to save a lot of small businesses. But many are going to go, there just isn't enough money to save all of them sadly. 

The one area where gov'ts are not doing enough is fining people. Lets bankrupt a few home owners that are still throwing parties and see if that gets through their pig heads. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

That's just melodrama and hyperbole. Who's actually arguing that? It's a pandemic. There's going to be a lot of losers in business AND health. There's no getting around it. There's no perfect solution. Good people will suffer who don't deserve the health or financial pain and suffering. There's no magic bullet to stop either or both entirely. The vast majority of the US has not shuttered it's businesses... Their economy isn't exactly thriving due to that thought process either, is it?

I could just as easily say, "it's not my grandma, who gives a $&!#?" Or "its not my son with underlying health issues, who gives a $&!#?"

the people who think they have a god given right to thanksgiving dinner, or go to halloween parties, etc. aren't just putting themselves at risk, but their families, our families and are directly responsible for the blunt and imperfect rules gov't has at their disposal. 

There was a story on the news last night about 3 tools in Kelowna entering a small coffee shop with no masks, a laminated copy of the constitution and their cell phones taking video to try to harass some poor shop owner who pleaded with them to wear masks. I mean what remedy do we have when people are this asinine? other than fining them into real hardship I don't see one in our society. 

• Cheers 4

Hmmmm..... someone in BC still telling porkies to us.......  It time for a bit of honesty in BC.....

People lose faith / compliance when they know they have been misled by their own government. 

Major jump in BC COVID positivity rate this week among kids.

EnW-sHbXcAcPB08?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by kingofsurrey

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's just melodrama and hyperbole. Who's actually arguing that? It's a pandemic. There's going to be a lot of losers in business AND health. There's no getting around it. There's no perfect solution. Good people will suffer who don't deserve the health or financial pain and suffering. There's no magic bullet to stop either or both entirely. The vast majority of the US has not shuttered it's businesses... Their economy isn't exactly thriving due to that thought process either, is it?

I could just as easily say, "it's not my grandma, who gives a $&!#?" Or "its not my son with underlying health issues, who gives a $&!#?"

Nobody argues that because it's monstrous. Their actions demonstrate it. Nobody has shut down their own business because it made any sense to do so; they've only done so because the government ordered it as they have no better alternative. There's zero correlation between virus rates and the gym I go to or a restaurant in Toronto, for example. Yet both have been and risk being shut down again. You could say that but your grandma is safer at either at the gym which is regularly cleaned and sanitized than mingling among the retards on Gravnille Halloween night which walked away scot-free. Punishing those who don't deserve it and a subpar effort at best for those who do.

This past week one the restaurants in town had a mandatory COVID test for all workers, one worker didn't attend, they got their results back and the girl who didn't take a test received a positive result.

Meanwhile my rec basketball league is still running, you just have to wear a mask until you're on the floor :blink::lol: and then when you're playing against the same people who you would see outside the floor, you can take it off.

I'm sure the B army has an excuse, sorry, reason, for both of these though

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hmmmm..... someone in BC still telling porkies to us.......  It time for a bit of honesty in BC.....

People lose faith / compliance when they know they have been misled by their own government. 

Tell it to people in your community King. Why are some of your neighbours holding gatherings they shouldn't be? 

--

An important consideration, she said, is whether transmission is happening in schools and whether that transmission is leading to outbreaks.

Thus far, she said, that has not been the case.

B.C. schools have seen more than 200 COVID-19 exposures since the beginning of the school year. But so far, only one school outbreak has been declared – at École de l’Anse-au-sable in Kelowna. It’s one of two schools, along with Mount Cheam Christian School in Chilliwack, that has been closed due to COVID-19.

Henry said her team looks at data from B.C. schools every day.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/bc-news/no-school-shutdown-planned-in-the-face-of-rising-covid-19-numbers-in-bc-dr-bonnie-henry-2838900

• Cheers 1