The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

An important fact that appears to be overlooked by some on this board.  Businesses and workplaces have been following the guidelines and making their areas safe for several months now. 

if you haven't ever been part of a small business its easy to throw stones, but I find a lot of people don't realize the dedication it takes to make a go of a small business. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thats not true.  According to Dr. B kids don't get covid at school.   Covid virus is killed by school bells and chalk dust apparently.... LOL

Though B.C. starts with the word British, it is in fact not located within England. 

LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

My rec ice hockey team is backing playing games next week.  10 guys per dressing room having a few post game pops afterwards... 

Totally permitted .

Yet mom isn't welcome in my house this week even with a mask and socially distancing...

BC's covid rules make ZERO sense so people are not following them.....

Are they following the guidelines for those playing Rec games? 

• Cheers 1

Poker games are starting to bring fines...I've heard of a couple where up to 10 people were playing cards, no mask/social distancing.  Fines issued.

If Mom was still here I would've had a hard time keeping her from her poker games.  They played in seedy back rooms and now that I look back, I'm sure they weren't "legal".  Called them social clubs.  (She sat next to/played with Gino in one game).

Same with smoking...would have had to drag her home screaming to prevent her from lighting up.  She was a strong willed woman who loved her.....tea, cigarettes, poker games.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

An important fact that appears to be overlooked by some on this board.  Businesses and workplaces have been following the guidelines and making their areas safe for several months now. 

Not so much at home though.  Laughing, hugging, yelling, crying and general merriment without masks, social distance, hand sanitizing is a magnet for Covid 19.  Add some drugs and/or alcohol to the excitement and there's another outbreak.

Exactly...they can monitor/inspect and enforce business and workplace settings.

This is their attempt to tune in those who think they can ignore the safety guidelines when at home.  That's where the issues are.

Also:  re hockey.  I don't think the idea is that guys can have a few drinks after they play...that's "social".  I'm sure they'll lose that privilege pretty quick if it's being abused in that way.  Go play hockey, following the safety standards in place, then head home.  The get togethers are prohibited (from what I understand).  So expect that to be quashed soon if it becomes problematic.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Poker games are starting to bring fines...I've heard of a couple where up to 10 people were playing cards, no mask/social distancing.  Fines issued.

If Mom was still here I would've had a hard time keeping her from her poker games.  They played in seedy back rooms and now that I look back, I'm sure they weren't "legal".  Called them social clubs.  (She sat next to/played with Gino in one game).

Same with smoking...would have had to drag her home screaming to prevent her from lighting up.  She was a strong willed woman who loved her.....tea, cigarettes, poker games.

She sounds fun. ::D

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

She sounds fun. ::D

She really was.  Loved life.  Laughed a lot/told jokes.  Also played BlackJack with Sammy David Jr. once...she was sitting beside him at the table and they made a side bet on a hand.  He won and felt bad that he was taking her $ (he did, lol) so he gave her tickets (for her and all girlfriends she'd traveled with) for dinner and to see his show that night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Covid aside, sometimes I think we have gotten too uptight.

Sometimes you gotta live, have the odd smoke, gamble, and have a drink or 15.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

She really was.  Loved life.  Laughed a lot/told jokes.  Also played BlackJack with Sammy David Jr. once...she was sitting beside him at the table and they made a side bet on a hand.  He won and felt bad that he was taking her $ (he did, lol) so he gave her tickets (for her and all girlfriends she'd traveled with) for dinner and to see his show that night.

Ha! You just reminded me of my Grams

She drank whiskey, swore like a trooper, and could tell a disgusting dirty joke or 2, and really liked to play cards, especially for money

Made my mom shreek! LOL......she was a cool old lady! Sounds like they would have liked each other!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Both my rec ice hockey teams are back playing next week.

10 players per room sounds a bit riskier than my brother over by himself and social distancing at my house . 

Not sure how BC covid restrictions were drawn up. Maybe Dr. B wrote them up at a bar.... LOL >..

I guess i  have to go a crowded bar to meet my brother....   This is hard to understand....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.png.f6cd503127af31ae703eeb18319e5389.png

Records are awesome... I heard BC broke our 3 day covid record today.... got over 2000 new cases...

This is a very not cool record.......    Seems like covid has now spread throughout the province..... not a good development. 

Just a quick comment on Governments giving money..............

The is a world wide Pandemic

As such, there should be a certain understanding between

The public, business, and Government 

I heard this on the radio today and it made perfect sense

So the Government can decree to the banks

That all loans and mortgages can be interest only for the next year

with no penalties, as long as all interest is paid

In some cases, this can be alot, in other cases not much

Further more Government can in the same manner

have banks loosen up re-mortgages

So instead of a $1000 payment, it can be amortized over a longer time

again reducing payments

This would help a lot of people and it would not cost anyone anything

Nor the Government............

The Government can also put that on Investors that own houses/Apartments/Malls/and business buildings, etc

This gives the Government relief, and allows them to be able to

support those that do not have that ability

This makes alot of sense to me.................so of course it won't happen:picard:

Edited by janisahockeynut

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Covid is spreading like wild fire across the entire province of BC due to lack of covid protocol / restrictions by the BC government and Dr. B.

Failure to lead =. missed opportunity = a lockdown of BC. 

Did not have to happen like this.  Once we saw the NDP try to benefit politically with covid crisis... we quickly knew where this was headed.. sad. 

Can you name me another large populated province, where there is a major city (Over a 1,000,000) that has done better, or is acting different at the same period

or rather number of infections? US, Germany, England are all the same..............

We are doing very well in comparison...................it is the season/dampness/in doors etc............ plus........stupid people

Look at Vancouver island.or the Northern BC........no population, no covid.............figuratively speaking..........but its rising! Even here

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Can you name me another large populated province, where there is a major city (Over a 1,000,000) that has done better, or is acting different at the same period

or rather number of infections? US, Germany, England are all the same..............

We are doing very well in comparison...................it is the season/dampness/in doors etc............ plus........stupid people

Look at Vancouver island.or the Northern BC........no population, no covid.............figuratively speaking..........but its rising! Even here

As the global number of confirmed Covid-19 cases surpasses 30 million, residents of Taipei seem relaxed in the knowledge there has been only one suspected case linked to local transmission in the city since mid-April.

And in Taiwan as a whole, an island with a population of approximately 23 million people, there have been around 500 confirmed cases and just 7 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic
  • Cheers 1