The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

My rec ice hockey team is backing playing games next week.  10 guys per dressing room having a few post game pops afterwards... 

Totally permitted .

Yet mom isn't welcome in my house this week even with a mask and socially distancing...

BC's covid rules make ZERO sense so people are not following them.....

• Vintage 1

Weekend numbers:

Total (3 days period) new cases 1,933

Friday-Saturday 713

Saturday-Sunday 626

Sunday-Monday 594

1,304 Fraser Health

414 VCH

48 Island

104 Interior

61 North

+ 2 from outside Canada

Active cases - 7,360

277 in hospital / 59 in ICU

10,200 people are currently in isolation

19,069 recovered

The cumulative count 27,407

17 new patient deaths...total now is 348

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Like i said earlier... I have a bridge for sale for you.......

The city of Toronto is rolling back its contact tracing efforts as the city grapples with a backlog of coronavirus infections. The cases are rising so rapidly that contact tracing just isn’t possible now, experts say.

good thing we don't live in Toronto 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Weekend numbers:

Total (3 days period) new cases 1,933

Friday-Saturday 713

Saturday-Sunday 626

Sunday-Monday 594

1,304 Fraser Health

414 VCH

48 Island

104 Interior

61 North

+ 2 from outside Canada

Active cases - 7,360

277 in hospital / 59 in ICU

19,069 recovered

by population Fraser Health should be around 750 or so in comparison to the other HA's. What's it going to take for groups out there to figure this out? 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

My cousin, wife and kid have it. They live in England.

Daughter got it at school and brought it home to her parents.

Thats not true.  According to Dr. B kids don't get covid at school.   Covid virus is killed by school bells and chalk dust apparently.... LOL

• Hydration 1
14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

by population Fraser Health should be around 750 or so in comparison to the other HA's. What's it going to take for groups out there to figure this out? 

Covid is spreading like wild fire across the entire province of BC due to lack of covid protocol / restrictions by the BC government and Dr. B.

Failure to lead =. missed opportunity = a lockdown of BC. 

Did not have to happen like this.  Once we saw the NDP try to benefit politically with covid crisis... we quickly knew where this was headed.. sad. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Covid is spreading like wild fire across the entire province of BC due to lack of covid protocol / restrictions by the BC government and Dr. B.

Failure to lead =. missed opportunity = a lockdown of BC. 

Did not have to happen like this.  Once we saw the NDP try to benefit politically with covid crisis... we quickly knew where this was headed.. sad. 

no its due to some very selfish people.

I do agree that fines need to be far higher and would help, tho. 

• Hydration 2
5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

An important fact that appears to be overlooked by some on this board.  Businesses and workplaces have been following the guidelines and making their areas safe for several months now. 

if you haven't ever been part of a small business its easy to throw stones, but I find a lot of people don't realize the dedication it takes to make a go of a small business. 

• Thanks 1
  • Burr 1
35 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thats not true.  According to Dr. B kids don't get covid at school.   Covid virus is killed by school bells and chalk dust apparently.... LOL

Though B.C. starts with the word British, it is in fact not located within England. 

LOL

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

My rec ice hockey team is backing playing games next week.  10 guys per dressing room having a few post game pops afterwards... 

Totally permitted .

Yet mom isn't welcome in my house this week even with a mask and socially distancing...

BC's covid rules make ZERO sense so people are not following them.....

Are they following the guidelines for those playing Rec games? 

• Hydration 1

Poker games are starting to bring fines...I've heard of a couple where up to 10 people were playing cards, no mask/social distancing.  Fines issued.

If Mom was still here I would've had a hard time keeping her from her poker games.  They played in seedy back rooms and now that I look back, I'm sure they weren't "legal".  Called them social clubs.  (She sat next to/played with Gino in one game).

Same with smoking...would have had to drag her home screaming to prevent her from lighting up.  She was a strong willed woman who loved her.....tea, cigarettes, poker games.

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

An important fact that appears to be overlooked by some on this board.  Businesses and workplaces have been following the guidelines and making their areas safe for several months now. 

Not so much at home though.  Laughing, hugging, yelling, crying and general merriment without masks, social distance, hand sanitizing is a magnet for Covid 19.  Add some drugs and/or alcohol to the excitement and there's another outbreak.

Exactly...they can monitor/inspect and enforce business and workplace settings.

This is their attempt to tune in those who think they can ignore the safety guidelines when at home.  That's where the issues are.

Also:  re hockey.  I don't think the idea is that guys can have a few drinks after they play...that's "social".  I'm sure they'll lose that privilege pretty quick if it's being abused in that way.  Go play hockey, following the safety standards in place, then head home.  The get togethers are prohibited (from what I understand).  So expect that to be quashed soon if it becomes problematic.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Poker games are starting to bring fines...I've heard of a couple where up to 10 people were playing cards, no mask/social distancing.  Fines issued.

If Mom was still here I would've had a hard time keeping her from her poker games.  They played in seedy back rooms and now that I look back, I'm sure they weren't "legal".  Called them social clubs.  (She sat next to/played with Gino in one game).

Same with smoking...would have had to drag her home screaming to prevent her from lighting up.  She was a strong willed woman who loved her.....tea, cigarettes, poker games.

She sounds fun. ::D

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic