The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, IRR said:

It would be a miracle if people not following the rules / not wearing mask could share some facts to support their argument instead of sharing conspiracies off Bob the blow**** youtube channel!

If BC government would have supported masks earlier on such as in May/June... our province would be in a dramatically better position today.

Wasted our BC  advantage due to lax goverment policies.....

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just gonna say it

You're most certainly the type that believes the government couldn't organize a circular love in between men at a happy men convention.  But also believes they're smart enough to organize a massive global conspiracy.

Think about it

The COVID pass thing has been debunked. It was based around the conflating of two separate things.

The pass is for those in the mass testing areas who would then no longer need to do the testing or if they were already isolating could then end their isolation and could continue on as normal. (Normal being following the prevailing guidelines)

5 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

The COVID pass thing has been debunked. It was based around the conflating of two separate things.

The pass is for those in the mass testing areas who would then no longer need to do the testing or if they were already isolating could then end their isolation and could continue on as normal. (Normal being following the prevailing guidelines)

it doesn't matter.  Much like the idiots in Alberta are now claiming Dr. Tam is a transvestite, who is a chinese agent bent on destroying our economy and helping Trudeau sell the nation out to Xi....

The idiocy will believe whatever it takes to avoid admitting they're wrong.

And yes, these are ACTUAL statements made by people I know in Alberta.  It's actually shockingly sad

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why is it, the anti mask crowd refuses to sign a paper waiving them of any and all covid related medical help until such time as covid has died down or is entirely manageable by human means?

It's almost like...they're afraid

Or they can't read/write?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Tystick said:

Nothing? The media is telling me the virus is everywhere.

Thought there would be at least one story.

Yep, I have posted this a couple times.

2 friends of mums died earlier this year. My cousin and fam all have recently contracted the virus.They all live(d) in England.

Here on the Island we are seeing increases. Every other day in the last couple weeks there are reports at different schools. Wife works for CEAP ( distributed learning) so she has all the info. Beside an exposure at the school where she works, today a father came in to pick up his daughter as he and her had been exposed by an infected dentist in Port Alberni. So all the dentists patients now have to isolate and get tested. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think we puffed out our chests way too quickly here in BC/Canada. 

Things are derailing....do or die (quite literally for some) time.

hubby just talked with his older sister an hour ago, and she refuses to wear a mask, is an anti vaxxer cause her daughter is  and she refuse to vaccinate her young son. both mother and daughter said it is all a hoax and the government is trying to  control us. well hubby lost it on her and  and said a few choice words to her and then hung up! i was at first angry at him, but then i thought about it and i agreed with him. we are all trying to do our part and  by not being with our family and then you have a selfish person like her who doesn't care about others!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Yep, I have posted this a couple times.

2 friends of mums died earlier this year. My cousin and fam all have recently contracted the virus.They all live(d) in England.

Here on the Island we are seeing increases. Every other day in the last couple weeks there are reports at different schools. Wife works for CEAP ( distributed learning) so she has all the info. Beside an exposure at the school where she works, today a father came in to pick up his daughter as he and her had been exposed by an infected dentist in Port Alberni. So all the dentists patients now have to isolate and get tested. 

My friend lost both Grandparents (Ontario).

Another, in Winnipeg, also is likely going to lose her Grandmother. 

They've all been ultra safe....sadly, those who "come in" to help care for them?  Not so much.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

hubby just talked with his older sister an hour ago, and she refuses to wear a mask, is an anti vaxxer cause her daughter is  and she refuse to vaccinate her young son. both mother and daughter said it is all a hoax and the government is trying to  control us. well hubby lost it on her and  and said a few choice words to her and then hung up! i was at first angry at him, but then i thought about it and i agreed with him. we are all trying to do our part and  by not being with our family and then you have a selfish person like her who doesn't care about others!

It's really hard when people we know/even love aren't on board.  I mean, some things you can "debate" (politics, religion, etc.) without it spilling over into dangerous territory like COVID does.  But this could cause death and is irresponsible (to go against science and health experts).

These people ARE entitled to their beliefs....so stay home in their bunker where the Gov't can't get to them and leave the rest of us to doing things safely in public.

To think that the entire world's Governments are on board with the same "hoax" is a little far fetched.  I'd be hard pressed to ever accept that it was a consensus.

• Vintage 1

174 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Coastal Health region
678 in the Fraser Health region
11 in the Island Health region
49 in the Interior Health region
29 in the Northern Health region
and no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They've all been ultra safe....sadly, those who "come in" to help care for them?  Not so much.

Sadly care aids are frequently paid very poorly with minimal benefits  / sick days.   

Many were kept part time to ensure no benefits.   These part timers then took on a second job at another home..... so exposures were increased.

Really shows we need to pay  people that care our elderly better.... give them better working conditions and benefits.   Make their work sites safer.

That will keep our loved ones safer. 

Are they paid poorly because so many of them are women.... ?  Are jobs women do worth less than typical jobs men do ?   Seems so......  We need to change this. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Hopefully they don't get it but don't be surprised if they do and then say "I didn't know".

• Cheers 1