The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

18 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

South Korea like most Asian countries had the past experience of being hit extremely hard by the Spanish Flu and implemented changes in societal behavior that allowed them to better handle the current disease outbreak. Past negative experience creating changes leading to a better outcome the next time. This is how we’ve learned and improved upon our responses during disasters. We don’t have that luxury here.

The US is obviously one of those countries I categorize as has handled this worse.

Yeah but those countries don't have freedom like the USA does. Don't tread on me.

/s

11 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah but those countries don't have freedom like the USA does. Don't tread on me.

/s

Their walls are built of cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me

• Haha 1

I can't find it now, but I believe a study in England was done on possible DNA effects of this covid 19 virus,

It looked like it was compromising DNA and reducing expected life spans by 15+% and that is why the elderly are dying at such a high rate, an exception was for elders with an active Methuselah gene, their life spans were suspected to not be adversely affected, most of those elderly that recover quickly have an active gene.

Other effects that can still be found are;

Reduced lung function and lung damage

Heart damage

Increased arthritis type occurrences

Extreme chronic fatigue

Liver damage. No more drinking.

Certainly these would reduce life spans

And there is lots of speculation with regards to longer term effects in younger people

It was probably just some quack

14 hours ago, Tystick said:

Hey everyone, so we're about 8 months into COVID-19.

Does anyone have stories they could share?

Did you have covid? a family member? friend? friend of friend? etc.

I would love to hear your stories if you have one.

Nothing? The media is telling me the virus is everywhere.

Thought there would be at least one story.

To anyone that is concerned with the expedited vaccine, the lack of proper safety measures, and the experimental nature, there's a petition available that needs more attention.

You can sign here: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2961

Learn more here: https://vaccinechoicecanada.com/

Before anyone starts hyperventilating that I'm questioning the vaccine, I would recommend you research into it further.

Those involved in producing the vaccine are fast-tracking its production and they have legal immunity against any short and long term damages.

I'm not okay with that, and that doesn't make me an "anti-vaxxer". I want a proper vaccine that's 100% effective and safe for everyone.

40 minutes ago, Tystick said:

To anyone that is concerned with the expedited vaccine, the lack of proper safety measures, and the experimental nature, there's a petition available that needs more attention.

You can sign here: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2961

Before anyone starts hyperventilating that I'm questioning the vaccine, I would recommend you research into it further.

Those involved in producing the vaccine are fast-tracking its production and they have legal immunity against any short and long term damages.

I'm not okay with that, and that doesn't make me an "anti-vaxxer". I want a proper vaccine that's 100% effective and safe for everyone.

you quote a source that is the leading voice against vaccinating children in Canada.  C'mon, you gotta do better than that.

• Hydration 1
40 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Nothing wrong with being concerned that they are rushing things. I honestly believe more of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine more because they are giving numbers that are around 70% effective. That seems a more realistic figure on an early attempt at vaccine than 90-95%. 

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nothing wrong with being concerned that they are rushing things. I honestly believe more of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine more because they are giving numbers that are around 70% effective. That seems a more realistic figure on an early attempt at vaccine than 90-95%. 

I agree, completely, but we also have to keep our eye on the bigger picture.  Sure we can have concerns, but at some point we're all going to have to take that risk for the greater good.  

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think another thing to keep in mind (that most are forgetting) is given the severity / size of this pandemic, there is a lot more people / companies are working on vaccines this time around...and technology is far ahead of where it was even 5-10 years ago, let alone 10-15 years ago. While we all want it to be safe / effective, i think we have to keep these things in mind and not just dismiss these vaccines as i've seen some do. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, completely, but we also have to keep our eye on the bigger picture.  Sure we can have concerns, but at some point we're all going to have to take that risk for the greater good.  

On top of my post / reply above, i get this too...at some point you have to put your trust in people / the process...unless people are planning on testing / do trials themselves.

• Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I'm just going to leave this here... watch the entire video before you guys use the conspiracy card. 

This isn't about this super deadly virus with a 99.7 percent survival rate anymore. 

ffs

I am so f'ing sick of this bullsh!t

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, stawns said:

ffs

I am so f'ing sick of this bullsh!t

What is with all this government conspiracy  theory crap?  Most governments are lucky to organize a blow job at a sex workers convention with a pocket full of cash. 

• Hydration 2
  • Wat 1
1 hour ago, Tystick said:

I want a proper vaccine that's 100% effective and safe for everyone.

Sorry, efficacy rates are always going to be < 100% because not everyone will respond physiologically to a vaccine in the same sort of way, and as for the safe for everyone part... well, considering even water has an LD50 value... :bigblush:

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
added physiologically as clarification
1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

I'm just going to leave this here... watch the entire video before you guys use the conspiracy card. 

This isn't about this super deadly virus with a 99.7 percent survival rate anymore. 

This isn't black or white with regards to survival or death.   There are a significant percentage of people who "survive" the virus who have significant after effects.   Those people are not included in that 99.7 talking point.  What about the chef or cook whose smell and taste doesn't return?  What about the person who works in a physically demanding profession whose cardiovascular system is compromised by some percentage?  Survival yes, but their careers are probably toast.  Yet, your position does not, in any way take into consideration for these people.  Health initiatives and vaccinations will prevent a number of people who are in the grey areas that your talking point ignores from suffering these after effects.

You say don't judge me as a tinfoil hatter, but this and your previous post are right from the tinfoil hatters club.  

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This isn't black or white with regards to survival or death.   There are a significant percentage of people who "survive" the virus who have significant after effects.   Those people are not included in that 99.7 talking point.  What about the chef or cook whose smell and taste doesn't return?  What about the person who works in a physically demanding profession whose cardiovascular system is compromised by some percentage?  Survival yes, but their careers are probably toast.  Yet, your position does not, in any way take into consideration for these people.  Health initiatives and vaccinations will prevent a number of people who are in the grey areas that your talking point ignores from suffering these after effects.

You say don't judge me as a tinfoil hatter, but this and your previous post are right from the tinfoil hatters club.  

The often overlooked prequel to Through the Looking Glass and Alice in Wonderland

Just got a letter of a confirmed case at my kids school.  Doesn't mention if it's staff/teacher/student.

Hope it's not the music teacher.  He teaches (in person) music at 8 different schools. :unsure:

Update:  Rumor is that it is a student who hasn't been back to school since Nov 13th. 

Edited by BPA
  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic