The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Agreed likely just the regular flu. But yeah I found the selfishness frustrating. 

Really, it comes down to us protecting ourselves the best we can.  How many people in 

China got the virus, 130,000 or so?  What’s their total population, 1.3 billion?  So way more than a billion Chinese people didn’t catch it.  Odds a very slim we come into contact with it.  

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The quoted tweet what a guy stating the rise in Italy day-to-day. You can't just plug your ears to this. Your response was remarkably stupid. 

Aren't you the one trying to get everyone to panic to the point a lot of other posters were telling you to quit?

Yea....I thought so. :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really, it comes down to us protecting ourselves the best we can.  How many people in 

China got the virus, 130,000 or so?  What’s their total population, 1.3 billion?  So way more than a billion Chinese people didn’t catch it.  Odds a very slim we come into contact with it.  

Exactly, it comes down to us. And whether people are willing and smart enough to put in place extreme measures of containment. China took some very extreme measures to get this under control.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Aren't you the one trying to get everyone to panic to the point a lot of other posters were telling you to quit?

Yea....I thought so. :picard:

I'm not trying to get anyone to panic. Asinine post dude. I've had a disagreement with some on here, but likewise had people agree with me. It's a discussion forum, discussions will take place. But back to the quoted tweet which stated facts that made you uncomfortable enough to 'at' me twice. 

and your ever-so enlightening response:

What a stupid tweet.

Unfathomable? Incomprehensible?

It is expected.  What a moron.

See the irony yet?

Honestly at this point I am scared. Scared not because the virus is out there but scared that nobody is doing anything to try to contain it. Say what you want about China and how the virus started there but look at their containment effort and result. I don’t know, I feel like tough times like these call for extreme measures and we should be ready to abide to extreme measures. Stop going on a cruise of traveling to hot zones for god sake 

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm not trying to get anyone to panic. Asinine post dude. I've had a disagreement with some on here, but likewise had people agree with me. It's a discussion forum, discussions will take place. But back to the quoted tweet which stated facts that made you uncomfortable enough to 'at' me twice. 

and your ever-so enlightening response:

See the irony yet?

It is just some guy trying to sensationalize actual stats by adding "unfathomable" & "incomprehensible".  Those words were unnecessary and stupid. That is what I wrote. It is fear mongering just like some have accused you of doing. 

I have no clue who that clown mark lowen is, but he must not be very bright if he actually believes an increase of cases of a highly contagious disease is "unfathomable" & "incomprehensible".

Edit: I have tried to make my above words as easy to understand as possible for you.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Honestly at this point I am scared. Scared not because the virus is out there but scared that nobody is doing anything to try to contain it. Say what you want about China and how the virus started there but look at their containment effort and result. I don’t know, I feel like tough times like these call for extreme measures and we should be ready to abide to extreme measures. Stop going on a cruise of traveling to hot zones for god sake 

try to drown out the noise if you can, Canada can, and is, doing a lot: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse.html

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Likely it’s nothing, but (still) people can be such selfish bastards, can’t they? 

how are you set up Alf? do you have what you need to get through the next few weeks? 

6 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

I'm with you. I don't think enough is being done. Border still open, travel unlimited, whatever that press conference Trudeau made wherein he openly states he's not being tested while his wife is positive. Then there's the Italy flight to MTL with exactly no screening:

It gets worse before it gets better. But damn if those $100 Caribbean cruises aren't tempting. 

12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It is just some guy trying to sensationalize actual stats by adding "unfathomable" & "incomprehensible".  Those words were unnecessary and stupid. That is what I wrote. It is fear mongering just like some have accused you of doing. 

I have no clue who that clown mark lowen is, but he must not be very bright if he actually believes an increase of cases of a highly contagious disease is "unfathomable" & "incomprehensible".

Edit: I have tried to make my above words as easy to understand as possible for you.

As easy as possible huh? This from the Mensa candidate using pickard emojis. Still not getting the irony eh? 

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

5 more travel linked. Nah, let's keep those planes going, numbers aren't high enough yet. 

It was actually 7 due to inbound travellers.

And I don’t understand why they are advising us not to travel, but continue to allow inbound flights....without any screening upon arrival.

Edited by redhdlois

8 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

5 more travel linked. Nah, let's keep those planes going, numbers aren't high enough yet. 

The updates are appreciated but I don’t feel the additional condescending comments on the situation are necessary. I think the vast majority on this forum have expressed the need to close the borders and cut off air travel. 

Edited by Petey40

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

It was actually 7 due to inbound travellers.

And I don’t understand why they are advising us not to travel, but continue to allow i bound flights....without any screening upon arrival.

I'm with ya.

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

The updates are appreciated but I don’t feel the additional comments on the situation are necessary. I think the vast majority on this forum have expressed the need to close the borders and cut off air travel. 

Fair point. 

• Cheers 1

I’m very interested to see the true numbers from Iran, currently 2 Vice Presidents and 10% of their parliament has contracted the virus. 

I imagine the situation is much more grave over there than they’re showing to the world.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1