The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm just gonna outright say it.

If I see someone abusing an employee over mask usage....i'll give them a medical reason they can't wear one.

tired of it

Interestingly enough...I'm massive. I'm on your side. When I walk in the dust usually settles. 

I can't wait to drop hammers.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

LifeLabs has announced a new antibody test for consumers. It costs $75. File / Global News

For British Columbians who have been feeling under the weather over the last few months but were never tested for COVID-19, there’s now a way to find out if they’ve had the novel coronavirus.

LifeLabs is offering an antibody, or serology, test for $75.

It cannot be used to diagnose current cases, but it is helpful for people who are simply curious to learn if they’ve previously had the virus.

It could also be for people who may be suffering from long-term side effects but weren’t diagnosed and aren’t sure, family physician Dr. Pete Henley noted.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7484886/new-lifelabs-antibody-test-bc/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Interestingly enough...I'm massive. I'm on your side. When I walk in the dust usually settles. 

I'm usually rather quiet and diplomatic,  prefer to use words over physicality, but I agree....if I were in a store where this was happening I don't think I'd be able to be diplomatic.  Enough of the BS.  Some people need to learn the hard way.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, LesPaul81 said:

I'm usually rather quiet and diplomatic,  prefer to use words over physicality, but I agree....if I were in a store where this was happening I don't think I'd be able to be diplomatic.  Enough of the BS.  Some people need to learn the hard way.

Oh yea I never have to get mad but I hate the way people are treating people these days. Being intimidating sure helps. 

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'm just gonna outright say it.

If I see someone abusing an employee over mask usage....i'll give them a medical reason they can't wear one.

tired of it

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Fellas, violence is not the answer. Remember, the instigator penalty always goes to the player who reacted. 

Besides, you can’t punch smart into stupid. 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fellas, violence is not the answer. Remember, the instigator penalty always goes to the player who reacted. 

Absolutely, and that's my motto.  BUT I have a hard stop at spitting.  That's just not ok.  

I know it's impossible for enforcement everywhere but I can't picture a store with like minded mask wearing decent people standing by as some person is berating or verbally/physically abusing a person because they were asked to wear a mask.  

Free Spiritus   @freespiritus · 14h

Let’s create a list of questions that the media should ask Dr. Henry —but won’t.

1. Do you think the virus is aerosolized?

2. Is BC using schools for herd immunity?

3. What peer reviewed science justifies not having a mask mandate in #bced? Feel free to add.

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I’ve been hearing reports of Covid checkpoints around the city with them handing out fines if you’re with non household members and not wearing a mask. Anyone see that or know if there’s any truth behind it?

I hope so.  They've been asking nicely for compliance for a long long time.

• Cheers 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:15 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Schools are NOT the source of major transmission. 

It’s the stuff outside of schools. Like family gatherings as one example. 

According to who?  There are a LOT of “cases” in schools. Here is a link to Fraser health discussing it...doesn’t make the news yet here it is. 
https://www.fraserhealth.ca/schoolexposures#.X79Y8yTgHDs

How do you explain that a thousand people without masks is safe but four around a table isn’t?

• Cheers 1

I didn't know they were culling animals to prevent the potential spread of a mutated form of the virus. Yikes.

and...umm, Zombie Minks

Culled mink resurface after burial in Denmark

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/culled-mink-resurface-after-burial-in-denmark-1.5205269

Denmark culled thousands of mink in the northern part of the country after 11 people were sickened by a mutated version of the coronavirus that had been observed among the animals.

6 hours ago, Amebushi said:

According to who?  There are a LOT of “cases” in schools. Here is a link to Fraser health discussing it...doesn’t make the news yet here it is. 
https://www.fraserhealth.ca/schoolexposures#.X79Y8yTgHDs

How do you explain that a thousand people without masks is safe but four around a table isn’t?

Again, Schools ARE NOT, the major transmitter of COVID-19 in BC. 

There may be ‘a lot’ of cases coming into schools, but those cases are typically being sourced from outside schools as opposed to transmission amongst those within a school. 

That’s the difference. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There may be ‘a lot’ of cases coming into schools, but those cases are typically being sourced from outside schools as opposed to transmission amongst those within a school. 

That’s the difference. 

It's all in The Bible! Moses and his 20 plagues! Beware the wrath of He who is called I am!

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Totally agree but there are some things I can't tolerate. I am not saying I am a loose cannon or looking for trouble.

For example I can't handle harassment of old people. I haven't seen it happen but I don't think I would react very kindly to a purse snatcher pinching Granny.

Kind of like how I wouldn't react very kindly to someone running over Demko :)

There's definitely a line.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s the difference. 

Is idea that the kids that bring it into the school won't transmit it to other kids?

That would seem flawed to me, the fact that kids bring it into the schools shows that they could contract it.

Or is it assumed that all cases brought into schools are by adults that expose the kids but the children don't pass it to one another?

I ask because my cousin and wife in England are believed to have contracted it from their child bringing it home from an outbreak at her school. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s the difference. 

From the local schools near me, this is the case.  That it was brought into the school by student/teacher/staff.  But no cases (so far) of spreading it inside the school. 

• Cheers 1