CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

As always, the few (selfish, ignorant and shortsighted) will ruin it for the many. 

 

It's odd there are still people attempting to blame government for the failings of people. Government can point people in the right (or wrong, if your in the US) direction. People are what will, in the end, decide how this goes.

very true. Its like we're in a very unfair situation somehow. 

 

Thankfully the fed's have stepped up with a new rent program today, so that should help to save a lot of small businesses. But many are going to go, there just isn't enough money to save all of them sadly. 

 

The one area where gov'ts are not doing enough is fining people. Lets bankrupt a few home owners that are still throwing parties and see if that gets through their pig heads. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aGENT said:

That's just melodrama and hyperbole. Who's actually arguing that? It's a pandemic. There's going to be a lot of losers in business AND health. There's no getting around it. There's no perfect solution. Good people will suffer who don't deserve the health or financial pain and suffering. There's no magic bullet to stop either or both entirely. The vast majority of the US has not shuttered it's businesses... Their economy isn't exactly thriving due to that thought process either, is it?

 

I could just as easily say, "it's not my grandma, who gives a $&!#?" Or "its not my son with underlying health issues, who gives a $&!#?"

 

the people who think they have a god given right to thanksgiving dinner, or go to halloween parties, etc. aren't just putting themselves at risk, but their families, our families and are directly responsible for the blunt and imperfect rules gov't has at their disposal. 

 

There was a story on the news last night about 3 tools in Kelowna entering a small coffee shop with no masks, a laminated copy of the constitution and their cell phones taking video to try to harass some poor shop owner who pleaded with them to wear masks. I mean what remedy do we have when people are this asinine? other than fining them into real hardship I don't see one in our society. 

 

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm..... someone in BC still telling porkies to us.......  It time for a bit of honesty in BC.....

People lose faith / compliance when they know they have been misled by their own government. 

Major jump in BC COVID positivity rate this week among kids.

 

EnW-sHbXcAcPB08?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by kingofsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's just melodrama and hyperbole. Who's actually arguing that? It's a pandemic. There's going to be a lot of losers in business AND health. There's no getting around it. There's no perfect solution. Good people will suffer who don't deserve the health or financial pain and suffering. There's no magic bullet to stop either or both entirely. The vast majority of the US has not shuttered it's businesses... Their economy isn't exactly thriving due to that thought process either, is it?

 

I could just as easily say, "it's not my grandma, who gives a $&!#?" Or "its not my son with underlying health issues, who gives a $&!#?"

 

 

 

 

Nobody argues that because it's monstrous. Their actions demonstrate it. Nobody has shut down their own business because it made any sense to do so; they've only done so because the government ordered it as they have no better alternative. There's zero correlation between virus rates and the gym I go to or a restaurant in Toronto, for example. Yet both have been and risk being shut down again. You could say that but your grandma is safer at either at the gym which is regularly cleaned and sanitized than mingling among the retards on Gravnille Halloween night which walked away scot-free. Punishing those who don't deserve it and a subpar effort at best for those who do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This past week one the restaurants in town had a mandatory COVID test for all workers, one worker didn't attend, they got their results back and the girl who didn't take a test received a positive result.

 

Meanwhile my rec basketball league is still running, you just have to wear a mask until you're on the floor :blink::lol: and then when you're playing against the same people who you would see outside the floor, you can take it off.

 

I'm sure the B army has an excuse, sorry, reason, for both of these though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hmmmm..... someone in BC still telling porkies to us.......  It time for a bit of honesty in BC.....

People lose faith / compliance when they know they have been misled by their own government. 

 

Tell it to people in your community King. Why are some of your neighbours holding gatherings they shouldn't be? 

--

 

 

An important consideration, she said, is whether transmission is happening in schools and whether that transmission is leading to outbreaks.

Thus far, she said, that has not been the case.

 

B.C. schools have seen more than 200 COVID-19 exposures since the beginning of the school year. But so far, only one school outbreak has been declared – at École de l’Anse-au-sable in Kelowna. It’s one of two schools, along with Mount Cheam Christian School in Chilliwack, that has been closed due to COVID-19.

Henry said her team looks at data from B.C. schools every day.

 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/bc-news/no-school-shutdown-planned-in-the-face-of-rising-covid-19-numbers-in-bc-dr-bonnie-henry-2838900

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

This past week one the restaurants in town had a mandatory COVID test for all workers, one worker didn't attend, they got their results back and the girl who didn't take a test received a positive result.

 

Meanwhile my rec basketball league is still running, you just have to wear a mask until you're on the floor :blink::lol: and then when you're playing against the same people who you would see outside the floor, you can take it off.

 

I'm sure the B army has an excuse, sorry, reason, for both of these though

 

you do understand that YOU have a personal responsibility here, right? 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

 

you do understand that YOU have a personal responsibility here, right? 

Yes, to follow guidelines set out by our provincial health office. Please tell me more about how I should live my life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

Yes, to follow guidelines set out by our provincial health office. Please tell me more about how I should live my life

think about what you posted for a second. You're laughing at the guidelines, and yet you participate in the activity. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Tell it to people in your community King. Why are some of your neighbours holding gatherings they shouldn't be? 

--

 

 

An important consideration, she said, is whether transmission is happening in schools and whether that transmission is leading to outbreaks.

Thus far, she said, that has not been the case.

 

B.C. schools have seen more than 200 COVID-19 exposures since the beginning of the school year. But so far, only one school outbreak has been declared – at École de l’Anse-au-sable in Kelowna. It’s one of two schools, along with Mount Cheam Christian School in Chilliwack, that has been closed due to COVID-19.

Henry said her team looks at data from B.C. schools every day.

 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/bc-news/no-school-shutdown-planned-in-the-face-of-rising-covid-19-numbers-in-bc-dr-bonnie-henry-2838900

Yah, and i have a bridge to sell you.....

 

Without effective contact tracing.... Dr. BS has no clue where transmissions are occuring... and the lack of transparency in BC is appalling...

It was clear a long time ago... that the BC gov would use this pandemic for political gain.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PEI and Nfld just opted out of Atlantic bubble

Anyone entering either Island must quarantine 14 days

 

 

Edited by Mackcanuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, and i have a bridge to sell you.....

 

Without effective contact tracing.... Dr. BS has no clue where transmissions are occuring... and the lack of transparency in BC is appalling...

It was clear a long time ago... that the BC gov would use this pandemic for political gain.

 

 

but we do have effective contact tracing. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

think about what you posted for a second. You're laughing at the guidelines, and yet you participate in the activity. 

Merely pointing out the hypocrisy of said guidelines. Pubs and restaurants are full. My wife is a teacher, the schools are full. 

 

Just a law abiding rule follower here, carry on

  • Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe instead of giving people fines for their COVID stupidity, they should have them work in an intensive care area of a hospital that has a COVID outbreak. Or as they did in one country, have them dig the graves of those who died from COVID.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Merely pointing out the hypocrisy of said guidelines. Pubs and restaurants are full. My wife is a teacher, the schools are full. 

 

Just a law abiding rule follower here, carry on

thats fine, but we all need to use a little common sense too. The government can't foresee every situation for us. If you're running around with a group of guys with no masks on you're simply asking for it, "rules" aren't going to help you much in the ICU, or worse, someone close to you that you've helped to infect. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The virtue signaling is strong with this one.

 

So now you're chastising people who are following the rules and regulations set out by the Provincial Health Office, for not using common sense? 

 

Very rich indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

The virtue signaling is strong with this one.

 

So now you're chastising people who are following the rules and regulations set out by the Provincial Health Office, for not using common sense? 

 

Very rich indeed

I think you’re missing the point being proffered; gov’ts lay out the guidelines and framework during times of pandemics and it’s the responsibility of the members of society to follow them and do the work of ensuring adherence.  
 

 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

c'mon Horgan give us some cash for christmas.. a bit crazy how individuals pulling in up to $87K salary can get a handout.. however minimal on the sliding scale it is.. I would think $62K salary is a decent cap 

 

https://www.tricitynews.com/news/british-columbians-may-still-get-1-000-in-the-mail-by-christmas-horgan-1.24241548

 

He added: “We’re targeting Christmas, of course,” before saying the payments could come in early January. 

 

The $1,000 benefit applies to families with a combined household income of less than $125,000 per year. Payments to families making more than that will be granted on a sliding scale up to $170,000. Individuals making less than $62,000 a year were said to be eligible for a one-time $500 payment, with those earning up to $87,000 eligible for a payment along a sliding scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

The virtue signaling is strong with this one.

 

So now you're chastising people who are following the rules and regulations set out by the Provincial Health Office, for not using common sense? 

 

Very rich indeed

drop the politics, its not useful 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.